BESTesters: A theme Gallery to top all theme galleries! *Update* 01.17.06 BMW 330i

  • Thread starter Thread starter BESTesters
  • 250 comments
  • 18,122 views
Man, that didn't take long!

Good report Greycap. 👍

But why doesn't anyone update the thread title? 💡
 
Yes, good update Greycap. Did you update the first post as well? I don't have much time today to be online, I got a riding day with the buddies.
 
Nike One 2022

Deep Forest Raceway Time: 1'20.146

Review & Pics:
Sejtur

01r9ig.jpg

The car is designed by Phil Frank, for a cooperation between Nike and PD. It’s nice to see that such a cooperation leads to something like this: the Nike One. It is designed for the year 2022, when new and advanced technologies are developed, and with advanced I mean, that you can drive a car with your brain.

05r0uq.jpg

There are some exiting detail about the working of this car. First, it has no fuel ofcourse, (where would you put it in???) no, it has microbatteries and microcapacitors, a revolution in technology. It works very efficient as you’ll see that it tops 265 km/h (160 mph). And to accelerate, brake, or steer, you need to do some fitness moves, because the equipment is mounted on your muscles in your legs and arms. So it is like a training to steer this car, and it is very intense, so you’ll also hear the heartbeat speed fasten when you have a larger speed.

13r7qr.jpg

At first sight, it looks like a shoe on wheels. But when you look some more closer, you can see the driver that lies in the cockpit. The design has also several functions, like the tail sweeping up when you’re braking for extra aerodynamics. Hell, the whole thing is aerodynamic. The car drives very smooth and takes turns easily. The acceleration is also very good and braking too, you’re standing still in a few seconds from going topspeed. The car handles very good too. In a turn, you can shift easily without losing speed, and having the same grip.

14r9hz.jpg

The downsides of the car are that it takes up polygons of three cars at the same car, so you can’t compete with it. Also, you can’t tune it. You can put other tires on it and adjust the driving aids, so you’re still able to drift, but that’s about it. The good things are that it has eight gears, and there is a lot of interaction on the car when driving it. Don’t be mistaken about the fact that when you’re open for it, you can have fun with this car.

10r8kq.jpg

I has some information about the car in this thread. The designer posted important things about the car also, so take a look if you'd like.
 
Great review sejtur! The pics are awesome. Some of them are works of art. 👍
 
Good comment Sejtur, I like too the pics :)👍
 
Ill try to get one up tonight....just thinking of what car to use..
 
I haven't checked in here for a while. The 120i & Nike look great.
Love those pics, sej.
 
Wow, sejtur great pics. Really nice review also. What sucks though, is that I can't really find time for this thread anymore, I'm putting all my free time into editing pics and such for my own gallery, and i still can barely keep up. I'm not going to quit now, but if I don't find some free time soon, I might have to quit this thing.
 
Mercedes SL65 AMG please. :) I'm planning on getting it, i'll use your review on whether i should buy it or not...
 
Mugen S2000



Deep Forest 1:31.711

First Impression - I like S2000 in all forms. From bone stock to kitted and modded. So this is no exception. The aggressive carbon fiber hood is the first thing you see and it wears it well. The rear spoiler is also another welcome addition that goes well on the car. This roadster is all business, from the pissed off scowl of the headlights to the dual exhaust you can tell this car isn't messing around.




Out of the gate this car had good acceleration, and the 10k redline was a pleasure to hear. It didn't spin the tires a lot and that's a plus. Taking that fist turn of Deep Forest was not a problem. The Mugen S2000 is very balanced and the little body roll it had didn't upset the car at all. Once the tires warmed up around the 5th lap, it was really starting to get some solid traction and carving up the turns. So my first impression is that its a fun and sporty car. Now I want to see how it does on city streets.




On the streets with other cars I was able to hold my own and take the lead when ever I wanted. It was nice to have that confidence of knowing all I have to do is give it some gas and I can pull away. The Mugen S2000 is very forgiving too. I got it sideways, and instead of snapping back, all I did was add some more throttle and it pulled itself straight. I sure with aftermarket tuning this is even more fun to beat on. This is truly a drivers car, I can understand why there are more than a few versions you can use in GT4. There aren't too many cars that can bring a package like the S2000 does.




Final impression. This car acts the same even in the wet, Such a blast to drive. Its a great " Bang for the buck" type car.The Mugen S2000 would be a great first car to start the game with. Im sure it would be a while before you actually needed to upgrade. You could clean up quite a few categories with this car, and the tuneablity is all there. I know my Deep Forest lap times are slow to say the least, so don't let the time I posted reflect its true potential. Im sure there are better drivers that could shave a few seconds off its time. With the right driver behind the wheel this can could be a real track savage.

I give it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) a 8


By: VR6GTI72
 
Dang....the black bars came back... :indiff:
 
It's a good review, but I thought you guys were testing stock cars? And the first post needs to be updated.
 
It is "stock"...as far as there was no aftermarket items added.
 
Isn't the Mugen S2K a tuned version of the normal S2K? Hence the carbon fiber hood?
 
Good review I will buy this car :)👍
 
Good work on the review, I like how you described the handling. I also like the second picture.
 
VR6 and the rest of the team, great pics, and even better reviews, keep up the good work.
 
Great job you do there 👍
I have two request :
1. Audi le mans quattro
2. Tommy Kaira ZZII
Continue the great job
 
Nice too see we got this thing running again :D Awesome report VR6GTi72 👍
 
just when i thought this had died in the ass :D

nice s2k
 
I would like to see a review of the BMW 330 E60.
Also, the Holden Monaro CV8, if possible.
 
I'll see what I can do, any wishes for colour? :D
 
Not especially, I haven't looked at the Beemer's colour pallete, so a nice blue if possible, if not any colour will do. But the Monaro's gotta be yellow, thanks.
 
you made the car look better now
 
Back