Better daily cars recently?

Germany
Bonn
Maybe I’m just lucky, but since the last server maintenance I’m getting nothing but good to great cars in the daily roulette. On three active accounts, that is, so I‘m inclined to seeing a pattern...

Maybe they changed the % chances on the cars and the in-game draw lists, that determine what car you get (no, it’s not real time random, for every account it’s based on a list that’s regenerated and stored in the game data with every update) have been rewritten...

I still get doubles etc., no change there, but even those are N600s, Gr.1, powerful Gr. X. ...

Today I got:
European account: Red Bull X2014 Standard
U.S. account: Ferrari Enzo
Asian account: Sauber Mercedes C9

I notice nothing special but you have more info that most of us... I dont believe it 'discriminates' via region. It's the same broken algorithm for everyone.

I have a single AU/EU account and it hasnt changed for me. Over a month I get maybe 3 truly useful unique and decent cars.

I have 500 cars now so even though I may get a great GT3 car I have them all so they're all dupes now. I get no LMPs no VGTs except useless ones.. I do get the occasional gem like the Countach 288gto etc.

In the end I just buy the $1 mil. LMPs I need.

I've actually been thinking the exact opposite the last couple of months.
Where have all the expensive cars gone ?
Yesterday's car was a real beauty , the 63 hp Honda Beat .
Just the luck of the draw i guess.

I've actually been thinking the exact opposite the last couple of months.
Where have all the expensive cars gone ?
Yesterday's car was a real beauty , the 63 hp Honda Beat .
Just the luck of the draw i guess.

As it seems daily roulette has very tiny chance to give expensive cars (1m or higher). Problem is whats the point of having a daily roulette with garbage odds when the economy is already terrible. Odds should be greater to balance this out.

As it seems daily roulette has very tiny chance to give expensive cars (1m or higher). Problem is whats the point of having a daily roulette with garbage odds when the economy is already terrible. Odds should be greater to balance this out.

At 2 million/hour when grinding we can’t complain compared to a lot of other games out there...

Nope, still Gr3 and GrB cars I already have with the occasional road car.

I only have 30-40 cars left to buy so unless it is a unicorn or 3m car like the Vulcan it won't be of any interest to me anyway.

I think how you do when you get the miles affects it.:eek::dunce:💡
I’ve been on a hot streak with the Red Bull, Yota LMP hybrid, Tesla, Ferrari Dino.
I think repeated grinding of the same things dooms you to toy 86 Honda beat etc lol
Ymmv

I've done pretty well the last week: I scored a Vulcan and a Tomahawk S, two expensive cars I didn't have before. However, my Raptor and Samba Bus collections continue to grow.

I think how you do when you get the miles affects it.:eek::dunce:💡
I’ve been on a hot streak with the Red Bull, Yota LMP hybrid, Tesla, Ferrari Dino.
I think repeated grinding of the same things dooms you to toy 86 Honda beat etc lol
Nope. It's predetermined - it doesn't matter what you do, you'll get the next car you're supposed to get when you hit at least 26.2 miles.

What I think occurs is actually very similar to GT5's Used Car Dealership. In that instance there was a giant list - 2.147 billion days long - of UCD daily line-ups (of six cars) that you simply progressed through, day by day. Almost everyone started at a different point on that list, with some kind of "seed" generated by the console ID and your GT5 account ID. That meant that every time you started over with your account you'd start in the same place, but move to a different console and the same account would have a different UCD lineup because your current game day number transferred to a different start day so you had a new daily list. That was quite useful for picking out rare cars - just transfer your save to different consoles every five game days to see 30 different cars on each console.

With the Roulette Wheel of Shame, it appears that there's a very, very long list of Car IDs - possibly also 2.147 billion days (there's a good reason for that number) - and you simply progress along that list. I'd certainly do it that way if the cars you're getting are predetermined: having a list of IDs rather than actual cars means the game can account for DLC vehicles - you just use... say 1024 IDs and if there's only 200 cars you just roll it over: 201, 401, 601, 801 and 1001 all become 1, and so on - without ever needing to touch that bit of code again.

I'm not sure what the conditions for progress are though. It may be that the list only progresses with completion of the Daily Workout, so that if you do a DW and then don't do another for a week you get the very next car on the list, or that it does so with the calendar day, so that if you miss a DW you miss the car.

And I got the W08 Colour Variation last week, before the maintenance. I've had a few cars more recently that I don't own or which I've bought - Chaparral 2X, Maserati Gran Turismo, E30 M3 as rough examples.

Your idea looks great on paper but in reality, you didn't account for new cars that get added into the equation, sorry to burst your balloon.

Thats possible only from offline mode of the game. Its impossible through online mods.

And did I ever say otherwise?? Not everybody in the forum is a complete idiot, you know...

I find grinding in GT Sport considerably less enjoyable than other games. GT League does not resemble actual racing.

Yup, GT League SUCKS, but it pays the best, so from time to time, when I need a few millions, I‘ll sigh and do either the Nostalgic in my 330 P4 or the grinder‘s grind on BMB.

Naturally, you can team up with a pal and have a lobby on auto all day, but that really is server abuse...

Your idea looks great on paper but in reality, you didn't account for new cars that get added into the equation, sorry to burst your balloon.

And then, there‘s that thing called update, and just like cars are added to the game, a different list is added to the game holding the new cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
And then, there‘s that thing called update, and just like cars are added to the game, a different list is added to the game holding the new cars.

I feel like if PD had such an INCREDIBLY complex algorithm then they have the smarts to inject in the 5-12 DLC cars that come every month or so!

At 2 million/hour when grinding we can’t complain compared to a lot of other games out there...
I’m having a difficult time coming up with a game which is worse than GT Sport’s mind numbing repetitiveness for currency grinding :ill:

Turn left 1,800 times to get one rare item :crazy:

There's much much worse out there. GT Sport is the grindiest motorsport game but JRPGs and the like are incredibly grindy.

I 'grind' to a degree... I needed the Daytona so I saved up... I do 26 miles a day and so in just that I usually get from 125-300k a day which is fine... I'm not shooting for $20 mil. cars.... I just want the run of the mill LMPs...

I was reffering that to 2M/hours is extremely boring. I cant do the same race over and over again with that uninteresring and horrible AI.
That’s why it’s called grinding.

I feel like if PD had such an INCREDIBLY complex algorithm then they have the smarts to inject in the 5-12 DLC cars that come every month or so!
Clearly, you have no clue about IT...

Its always boring if you do BMB etc. You can spice it up with Nostalgia 79 maybe the F1 or RBR races.

I used to grind in GT5/6 with B-Spec.... even getting your Bobs to grind for you is boring.

Its hard to keep interested in it this game after all this time... I used to grind the N200/300 vs. GrB cars... I'm all done in that. I had enough. But I'm also at then end of this journey, I have all my LMPs... I dont have any illusions about grinding for $20 mil cars. After working from dawn until afternoon I cant do it. Life intrudes.

Clearly, you have no clue about IT...

Clearly not. I yield to you to explain it all. Let us all bask in ignorance under your intelligence. Must be that world famous Teutonic temperment you guys are well known for... the rest of Europe already knows I guess...

Clearly not. I yield to you to explain it all. Let us all bask in ignorance under your intelligence. Must be that world famous Teutonic temperment you guys are well known for... the rest of Europe already knows I guess...
Dude, Famine explained IN DEPTH how that worked in previous GT titles. It is A LIST, period. The fact that that blows your mind doesn’t make it fake news. And yes, we Germans are quick to point out obvious shortcomings. It’s how we are brought up. No known cure.

I'd certainly do it that way if the cars you're getting are predetermined: having a list of IDs rather than actual cars means the game can account for DLC vehicles - you just use... say 1024 IDs and if there's only 200 cars you just roll it over: 201, 401, 601, 801 and 1001 all become 1, and so on - without ever needing to touch that bit of code again.
My balloon says "Happy 6th Birthday" on it. I stole it from a child. It was easy.

I'd certainly do it that way if the cars you're getting are predetermined: having a list of IDs rather than actual cars means the game can account for DLC vehicles - you just use... say 1024 IDs and if there's only 200 cars you just roll it over: 201, 401, 601, 801 and 1001 all become 1, and so on - without ever needing to touch that bit of code again

Do you think each ID have the same probability ? If so, in you example, cars 1-24 would have 20% more chance to drop than cars 25-200.

Now im thinking, if you use a huge ID number this does not matter anymore

Maybe I’m just lucky,

Today I got:
European account: Red Bull X2014 Standard
U.S. account: Ferrari Enzo
Asian account: Sauber Mercedes C9

You are!
I only got dog-poop cars lately. Still hoping for a Red Bull, F1 car and one I can use for the nostalgic races.

Do you think each ID have the same probability ?
No. None of them have any probability - it's predetermined. What "car" (which I suspect is really Car ID) is set the moment the game first initialises (I would guess, like GT5, it's a seed generated by some combination of your console ID and your PSN or GT user number - thus it will always be the same on that account on that console).

If it works how I assume (and posted above), there's basically an enormous list of Car IDs and the only 'random' factor is your start point on that list (and that's not random... more randomised). You simply progress from one ID to the next (either by calendar day or by completed Daily Workout; don't know which) and you get the car that currently corresponds to that ID - which can change with each content update.

Last edited:
Back