Better paintable wings.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 47 comments

Do you want the paintable wing system to have more choices than just "paint it all"?

• Total voters

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the new paintable wing option.
I would like to have the option to only paint the endplates or only the wing itself in addition to paint the whole thing. Some cars doesn't look good when the whole wing is painted.
- Take an RX-7 as an example. Let's say it's yellow. Let's say you want to paint the wing to match the cars yellow color. And when you proceed you find out that it looks ghastly.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to paint only where you want to instead of the whole wing?

I just photoshopped a few examples to show you what I mean.

Fix this, PD.jpg Fix this, PD2.jpgFix this, PD3.jpgFix this, PD4.jpgFix this, PD5.jpgFix this, PD6.jpg

Let me know what you think.​

Last edited:
I think it'd be good if they included Base Models and the GT Created Touring Cars like the Tuscan and CR-Z in the Custom-Painted Wings. As well as the option to paint Winglets/Endplates a different colour. I do a lot of Pro and Pro-Am style multi-class racing in my group and it'd be nice to have a visible distinguishing feature on the car without affecting the overall look the player is going for.

It would yes, but when you're going this far into painting little things there might as well be an editor in one form or another.

@Downhill Dino True, but you have to remember it might be the case we don't get that livery editor, no matter how much we want it. Since it has never been made by PD, they might just leave it out. But changes to the paintable wings is more likely do be updated and changed since they've already done this. Not hard work in comparison of a livery editor. And don't get me wrong - I really want a livery editor too. But I think this needs attention too since it is more likely to be dealt with.

@Downhill Dino - Obviously a full blown livery editor or pre-rendered customisable liveries would be the best option but we do have to deal with the best we've got. Clearly PD don't want to give us a livery editor (although promising it since early GT5 development). It is as if they're teasing us but this feature is a welcomed one nonetheless. At least they're slowly going in the right direction with the customisability aspects.

Added a new example, where the winglets / endplates is still carbon fiber, but the wing itself is painted.

The lotus elise has this really subtle wing that you can apply the the back, and it looks quite nice. My idea was to paint it red, and have red calipers on a black car to mimic the lotus exige LF1... Too bad you can only paint custom wings... :(

My point being, that could have been even cooler if i could paint the mirrors red too!

I can almost guarantee GT7 will have a livery editor...and course maker...and acceleration capability tests...from the beginning. If not, I'm done with the series.

@SuzukaStar Course maker, acceleration tests, yes. That I too believe will come from the beginning this time around. Livery editor.. Remains to see. But I sure hope so. But until then, I want better looking wings. Haha.

I think it'd be cool if you could paint the stem, the winglits, and the wing itself all different colors.

I really don't care. Would rather them not bother with it at all and focus on something that would actually improve the game.

While I appreciate this feature and use it a lot, yes, I do wish there was an option to only paint parts of the wing.

I don't understand how we can't paint each part of the wing already, after all the custom rear wing is just three pieces together, the endplate being one of those should've been paintable from the start.

And don't get me started on all the race cars we can paint and the base models, what a shame that we can't paint our brakes and our rear wings on all of them. They need to allow

@syntex123 can you photoshop a base model's rear wing?

it'd be nice if we could keep the car stripes on the rear wing while we paint it but that's way too close to a livery editor so sadly, I can't see this happening in GT6.

Indeed @PowerSlide77.
And yeah sure thing, what base model car are you looking to see?
Yeah true, only plausible would be color only. I just added a striped one for fun. :)

@PowerSlide77 Alright, I'll get on with it right now. Might take longer this time (until now I've taken two pictures of each car, one with painted wing and one without), I'll try to make it look as good as possible. 👍

Back