"Beyond The Apex" - official GT6 app for iOS (book available in PDF)

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 230 comments
I have downloaded it even if i have the hardcopy:D
20140804_062445.jpg

I just noticed the lack of cars section after the track section on the e-book. Does that mean something?

Read the PDF. In the hardcopy it has a car spec article right after the track pages. In PDF it hasnt.

I noticed this too. There's supposed to be a Chapter 5 "Hot Cars x30" starting from page 195 but the PDF/App stops at page 194. Probably something similar to the car database so we're not missing much. Maybe someone with hardcopy can scan the pages?

I noticed this too. There's supposed to be a Chapter 5 "Hot Cars x30" starting from page 195 but the PDF/App stops at page 194. Probably something similar to the car database so we're not missing much. Maybe someone with hardcopy can scan the pages?

The car info is located at the start of the app on the main page.

Close the app, reopen it and on the first page you come to there is three options Apex Car Database and Credits.

EDIT: I just realised what you meant, lol.

But for those missing the car database, its at the start.

Here, something like this:
q8.jpg

q7.jpg

q6.jpg
Also, sorry for bragging, im also have the GT5/Apex first edition:
qq1.jpg

Changes from Apex to BT Apex:
-First edition has Fun with cars and Driving Techniques section. The second has Engineering for Automotive section. Both are completely different section.
-Also the sub-cover photo is different. First have the Automotive Industry photos taken from the intro, the second has the Nurburgring races and GT Academy scenes.
-The second one is missing the photomode section.
-Some layout elements has been changed. I let you know which from these pictures (These are from the first edition, compare it with the PDF and my previous pitcures):
a2.jpg

q4.jpg

qq3.jpg

qq2.jpg
(Notice the car photos are both the same)

Last edited:
Gotta say, having tried this 'app' on the work iPad, it's hardly anything that great - and given it's just a magazine that isn't really doing very much (in app terms) surprising they couldn't adapt it to Android.

I do fully understand development issues around Android vs iOS (I work for a company that faces the same challenges and iOS is always the lead SKU as it's much easier to test on vs thousands of varied spec Android devices) but given the 'app' does so little, it is a little bewildering!

I HAVE DISCOVERED A WAY TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE ENGLISH VERSION OF BEYOND THE APEX!!

step1: download the free iTunes apex app
step2: go into your iTunes through your computer (not mobile device) and find the app
step3: right click the app and click "show in folder"
step4: right click the ApexUS 1.0.1 file and open it with 'archive utility'
*Note- step four should automatically send a new ApexUS folder to your desktop
step5: open the new desktop folder, once inside, open the 'payload' folder
*Note- within the payload folder should be one unreadable file, do not worry
step6: right click and click 'show package contents'
step7: a long list of images and folder will appear which you should ignore, simply open the folder named 'book'
step8: inside of the 'book' folder.. you will then open the 'images' folder

AND bingo.. theres the entire book ready for whatever you wish to do with it... a more intelligent person than I would be able to somehow package this content and make it available for everyone but I am not that savvy :-P.. hope this helps

-that one guy

Omg what the hell? Almost 5 damn years passed and I still hasn't sold my Apex books already. To be honest I miss the fun times back then.

so is "gran turismos beyoind the apex book" link dead?
If im not mistaken the MEGA link has some expiration date if you didn't login for a long time. There's also possibility that it got copyright striked.

Also a download link aged almost 5 years isn't exactly what I called reliable.

Thanks FoRiZon

I found a link to the file over 46MB, Im skimming over it, any one else feel this has been translated really badley, also page 55 refers to a BMW engine when the photo shows a Honda this is sloppy, I have noticed similar things in my GT4 book.

Back