Bias to Japanese cars in time trials

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anes
  • 30 comments
  • 3,227 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anes

(Banned)
Messages
1,735
Messages
AnesthesiaXVII
Has anyone noticed how the Japanese cars are always up the top of the time trial boards? It's a little suspect don't you think?

Thread is here to debate this because I'm leaning towards PD purposely setting the hp and weight rules to specifically favour a Japanese car. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was right.




No fanboys please...
 
They very well could be, it is after all a Japanese car company. Then again this is only the fourth set of time trials they've put up, so maybe there will be some sort of future trials that are best met by cars from the EU or the US.
 
I was wondering in general why time trial leaderboards are dominated by X car or Y car and we don't get many more different types/makes etc.

Is it just most people follow a trend and try with the same car the others have already done?? or is it that these cars have been found to be the quickest??

Pretty sure most people follow like sheeps on this.
 
Wasn't a Focus WRC car leading the 4WD one in event 3?
 
I was wondering in general why time trial leaderboards are dominated by X car or Y car and we don't get many more different types/makes etc.

Is it just most people follow a trend and try with the same car the others have already done?? or is it that these cars have been found to be the quickest??

Pretty sure most people follow like sheeps on this.

I'm guessing there are a few fast people who make a guess as to what car will be quick, then post some good times and the rest follow.
There's no way people could have determined that the car (out of all possible options) is actually the fastest option as quick as the car fills up the board.

It was the same with Forza, the leaderboards for a track would be packed with a specific car until someone tired a different one, got up top, and within a day or two the leaderboard changed to being full of the new car.
 
I was wondering in general why time trial leaderboards are dominated by X car or Y car and we don't get many more different types/makes etc.

Is it just most people follow a trend and try with the same car the others have already done?? or is it that these cars have been found to be the quickest??

Pretty sure most people follow like sheeps on this.
The fastest car always gets found. The first one was the Ksubi thing and the Mazda RX8. These cars were so ridiculously fast compared to other cars. This latest one, the RWD on deep forest, it's perfectly suited to a certain Japanese car. The next fastest car is also Japanese.


I call shenanigans.
 
The fastest car always gets found.

I would agree to that if we could only choose 10-15 cars. But there are so many possibilities here...

Besides the best car to be found needs time so all other options are exhausted.

I am almost convinced few guys did some quick laps on X car and then the rest follow the trend without actually trying alternatives.
 
I was wondering in general why time trial leaderboards are dominated by X car or Y car and we don't get many more different types/makes etc.

Is it just most people follow a trend and try with the same car the others have already done?? or is it that these cars have been found to be the quickest??

Pretty sure most people follow like sheeps on this.

Been like this on Forza for years. There will always be a fastest car and when millions start building and tuning it doesn't take long for the fastest car to surface, and then when it does, everyone follows.
 
I would agree to that if we could only choose 10-15 cars. But there are so many possibilities here...

Besides the best car to be found needs time so all other options are exhausted.

I am almost convinced few guys did some quick laps on X car and then the rest follow the trend without actually trying alternatives.

Nope.

There are no restrictions on what cars can be used so a race car will always be the quickest. So how many possible race cars are in the game that are 345hp or under and as close to 1100kg as possible?

The current car (which I found and everyone since copied) has exactly 345hp and exactly 1100kg. They engineer these events so people will see a Japanese car with the fastest time...
 
"no fanboys please"

I've often heard this is a great way to add validity to your post.

Yeah right...
 
"no fanboys please"

I've often heard this is a great way to add validity to your post.

Yeah right...

I'm going to be saying nasty things about PD, Kaz and GT5. An blind fanboy is the last thing I want in here.


Edit: Forgot to add one of these :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Some one stick their Bob in a ZR1, LFA and 458 round the ring see if there is any bias.
 
Nope.

There are no restrictions on what cars can be used so a race car will always be the quickest. So how many possible race cars are in the game that are 345hp or under and as close to 1100kg as possible?

The current car (which I found and everyone since copied) has exactly 345hp and exactly 1100kg. They engineer these events so people will see a Japanese car with the fastest time...

Considering most Japanese cars have low power and low weight, I'd say you're absolutely correct. It's difficult to even find an American car with less than 345hp stock. Now if they make a race with a minimum weight of 1400kg and max horsepower of 700, you probably won't see many Japanese cars involved.

But I doubt they'll do that anytime soon ;)
 
I'd say it's simply because there are more Japanese cars in the game.
 
Gran Turismo has a bias toward Japanese cars??? I would have never guessed.
 
PD is pure JDM yo! JDM is where it's at, I thought everybody knew this?


*Yes, I'm being sarcastic.
 
I'm happy for all the Japanese cars dominating the leaderboards!
 
Is the same with drifting all the sheep using '62 special, I put a Commodore SS into the top 100 of both last night hehe
 
I'd say it's simply because there are more Japanese cars in the game.

Agreed. There are more Japanese cars, so the odds are better that one will fit the restrictions.

It does highlight the overall emphasis on Japanese cars, but that's no surprise this being a Japanese game. And, in my opinion, that's no bad thing. All part of the game's character.

I'm sure the big-power and non-Japanese events will come, though.
 
tinfoil-hat.jpg
 
They engineer these events so people will see a Japanese car with the fastest time...

Right...

Instead of making unfounded claims, why not think a little. If you try you might realise a few things. Firstly there are more Japanese cars in the game than any other. By simple numbers alone if you throw together a few random time trials there will be more dominated by Japanese cars than any other. Also consider that low BHP cars are the most ignored in the game and PD by limiting the time trials to lower powered cars might be encouraging players to try different cars.

There is nothing to what you are saying other than casual racism.
 
Edit: I should stop writing offensive and provocative posts.

What I'm trying to say (in nicer words this time): Maybe Japanese cars ARE just the better ones, think about it.
 
Right...

Instead of making unfounded claims, why not think a little. If you try you might realise a few things. Firstly there are more Japanese cars in the game than any other. By simple numbers alone if you throw together a few random time trials there will be more dominated by Japanese cars than any other. Also consider that low BHP cars are the most ignored in the game and PD by limiting the time trials to lower powered cars might be encouraging players to try different cars.

There is nothing to what you are saying other than casual racism.

Racism??? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

345bhp 1100kg. Name a race car that has exactly those stats. Are you saying PD didn't know that one of their premium cars wouldn't exactly fit these specifications before creating the time trial?

Still lols over calling me a racist :dunce:
 
Racism??? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

345bhp 1100kg. Name a race car that has exactly those stats. Are you saying PD didn't know that one of their premium cars wouldn't exactly fit these specifications before creating the time trial?

Still lols over calling me a racist :dunce:

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7? 💡
 
^ Japanese car. Bit of a coincidence isn't it.

/banned for racism
 
Yes, PD wants everyone to fall in love with Japanese cars so they make extra efforts to ensure that Japanese cars dominate time trials. :rolleyes:
 
Racism??? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

345bhp 1100kg. Name a race car that has exactly those stats. Are you saying PD didn't know that one of their premium cars wouldn't exactly fit these specifications before creating the time trial?

Still lols over calling me a racist :dunce:

I've entered a few online lobbies now that have had the restrictions exactly match one of my garage cars. I guess they made it especially for me since it can not be a coincidence.

And yes racism. It is very clearly racism when you see a Japanese car at the top and think 'oh it is because the developers are Japanese'. What else would you call that? Also, how do you explain prologue where the best cars were mostly not Japanese? Elise, Clio, Ford GT... Explain that to me and how it meshes with your current view.
 
PD can do whatever they damn hell like.
They can make it so that a 370Z beats an F430, Midget faster than a Dodge Ram for all I care.

What will happen? Nobody buys the game, I know I won't.
You think there is some sort of conspiracy (for what?) ? Then leave the game alone.

Funny people.
 
People that barf out the word racist for every little thing they don't agree with, should seriously open up a dictionary and search for the definition of racism. It has nothing to do with countries making better cars than other countries. Is it racism to say the Indian ocean is nicer blue than the north sea? Man.....kids these days.
 
Ermmm

Lotus elise in GT5p before spec III (or some update)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back