Big Frame Rate drop since update 1.12

• Thread starter szejok666
  • 5 comments
Poland
Poland
Szejok666
I have a problem with GT6 since the last update. Frame Rate is constantly very low during driving. This problem occures in every game mode. I've trying reinstalling the game and all of the updates, but it didn't work. Strangely, first time frame rate was back to normal, when the car was going on the grass, but on tarmac it was going down again. After reinstall, frame rate is down all the time. Maybe someone has similar problems? I'd like to add, that I'm playing on the old CRT TV, but I don't think it matters here. Maybe some of You have some possible solutions to this problem? Game is in fact unplayable for me right now.

Maybe you have low hdd space?
I have 120gb slim with 40gb free...
Never had problems with frame rate on any game

I have 91GB Free on 120GB HDD.
Edit: Once I've turned off flickering reduction in GT6 things seems to get better, but not as good as it used to be. I really don't know what is going on.

Last edited:
Can't say i have a framerate drop. more of a lag that the ps3 is not coping with all the data that is now installed.
loading the main menu and dealer menu's is also slow.
Today the game freezed at sahara when loading.
The led from the harddisk kept working, but i could not get any action when i pressed PS button on my controller.
made backups of all savegames in my three accounts.
backup all pictures and replays.
restarted gt6 and tried again, sahara loaded again.
Removed the disc, disconnected the ps3, the ps3 was hot,
I guess my GPU and maybe cpu got too hot and caused the freese.
i have a aircompressor, so i tried to blow the dust out of the ps3.Cleaned the disc carefully, and played the game.
Lucky i don't have to remove gamedata.
But i still have some parts that lag a bit when driving sahara, happened at 2 or 3 parts while doing timerally 2.

GT6 is really pressing the limit of the PS3 hardware.

Be sure you have "image quality" [options> video > brigtness and image quality setting] , set to default "normal" and not "flicker reduction" or "sharpen". That way V-sync is disabled and frame rate is smoother (but with some occasional V-sync tear) .

Back