Billboard & Posters in Toronto

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luxy
  • 41 comments
  • 3,022 views
Messages
1,008
Messages
GTP_Luxy
Since no one else has mentioned anything, I thought I'd let everyone know that GT4 has started to be advertised here in Toronto (Canada).

There's a billboard on the side of a building at Queen St. E. and Duncan St., and I saw posters in a bunch of subway stations on my way home last night.

The poster is in the black and white GT4 style, with the red, blue and black GT logo. The picture is a set of metal pedals, and the billboard had the tagline "The drive of your life."

It didn't have a date (it said "coming soon" at the bottom) and also said "available at Walmart.
 
Woo, Walmart. As if they need more advertising. It's so discusting.

Unfortunately I live in po-dunk Arkansas and will never see any print advertising or outdoor advertising for Gran Turismo 4, or any other cool video game. I'll even be lucky to catch a TV spot with as little television as I watch.

I'd really like to see the Top Gear or Fifth Gear teams do a review / comparison of several of the current systems' driving games. That would be much fun.
 
So are they using only the "The Drive of Your Life" tagline now? Is it a replacement for "The Real Drive Simulator" one? Or are they using both?

And pics would be good yes.
 
LoudMusic
I'd really like to see the Top Gear or Fifth Gear teams do a review / comparison of several of the current systems' driving games. That would be much fun.

Yeah that would be cool.
 
LoudMusic
I'd really like to see the Top Gear or Fifth Gear teams do a review / comparison of several of the current systems' driving games. That would be much fun.
👍

A mass petition could work:
top.gear@bbc.co.uk
 
spooky goings on again.
double post deleted.
 
Much like the ITV f1 (I think) feature, where johnny herbert took the Aston Martin round the ring then compared it to the game, then obviously not a fan of games proceeded to bemoan some of its lack of realism (gt4).
 
well gt2 was on top gear, god that was a long time ago.....
 
....and did you call Wal-mart ....to find out the date of delivery???????????? :grumpy:
 
I saw that huge one on Queen. I was so exicted when I saw it. "No way! It's finally here!!....almost."
 
Billboards? Posters? Certainly someone in the province has a digital camera.. :p
 
LoudMusic
I'd really like to see the Top Gear or Fifth Gear teams do a review / comparison of several of the current systems' driving games. That would be much fun.
Let's get wild on our dreams, shall we?

It would be "über" cool if, for some strange, bizarre, wonderful reason, Dunsfold (the Top Gear test track) could be one of GT4's test facilities, don't you think? Then, we could REALLY play "Be Like the Stig" and try to reach the same track times and explore the limits of cars on a really wide space of asphalt.
 
fporto_br
Let's get wild on our dreams, shall we?

It would be "über" cool if, for some strange, bizarre, wonderful reason, Dunsfold (the Top Gear test track) could be one of GT4's test facilities, don't you think? Then, we could REALLY play "Be Like the Stig" and try to reach the same track times and explore the limits of cars on a really wide space of asphalt.

*gasp* *stumbles to regain control*

BRILLIANT!
 
Hehehe, I thought of that as well, see if we could match the lap times... although I started a Nurb' Time Database thread so we could do it with standard cars around the Nurb'...
 
GTchampion
Sweet..i havent seen the comercials yet:(

I've seen one or two, but they're few and far in between. And what I saw I had already seen in the vids we have and have seen.
 
Petitioning top gear would be good. I think I'll add something about bringing the show to the us. I know there is a BBC america but I don't know what shows are on it. Plus it costs extra.
 
Ya, Top Gear is on BBC America. Its usually on at weird times though, like 4:30am on Tuesdays. I think I've only ever watched it once at a more regular hour (aka. 5pm on a weekday).
 
I WANT TOP GEAR!!! NOW!!! :irked: A CURSE ON THOSE IN CHARGE OF PROGRAMMING FOR SLAPPING IT ON AT STRANGE TIMES...I MISS IT ALL THE TIME CUZ OF MY DAMN CLASSES :irked:
 
I checked their website and there was no mention of it on the show list or in any of the schedules. I guess I'll have to stick to downloads. By the way now that sleepy fish is not posting all of his content, anyone know of a good topgear website?
 
Jedi2016
Billboards? Posters? Certainly someone in the province has a digital camera.. :p
I'm trying to convince my wife to take the camera to work in Toronto tomorrow. If she does I'll have the pic up after 6:00pm.
 
426 HEMI
I'm trying to convince my wife to take the camera to work in Toronto tomorrow. If she does I'll have the pic up after 6:00pm.

tie her to a chair in a closet with the lights off, shine a light on her and scare her into not forgetting! :D
 
426 HEMI
I'm trying to convince my wife to take the camera to work in Toronto tomorrow. If she does I'll have the pic up after 6:00pm.

If anyone EVER needs proof that boys never grow up, there it is...

p.s. Turn the tables and you whine "You don't love me anymore if you don't do this iddy biddy thing for me"
 
Here is EB's latest box promo with release date.

Hey, you guys said you wanted pics. :dopey:
 

Attachments

  • gt box.JPG
    gt box.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 120
hellnback
If anyone EVER needs proof that boys never grow up, there it is...

p.s. Turn the tables and you whine "You don't love me anymore if you don't do this iddy biddy thing for me"

Fear not, I've placed the digital camera in her work bag. 👍 She'll have no choice but to take the picture. :)
 
xcsti
I checked their website and there was no mention of it on the show list or in any of the schedules. I guess I'll have to stick to downloads. By the way now that sleepy fish is not posting all of his content, anyone know of a good topgear website?
http://gear.viper007bond.com/ 👍
 
Thankyou for the link but Bit torrents don't seem to work on my college's network, despite the fact that IT claims they will. I'll have to try harder.
 
What if, when she finds the camera in her bag, she asks her co-workers:Who put this camera in my bag?? :sick: And some1 says:me!! :guilty: You'll lose the camera!! 👎 You know what they say: if you want something done right, you got to do it YOURSELF!! :sly: Where exactly on Queen st.? i'll go myself :dopey:
 
Back