Black Panther: Hail To The KingMovies 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 14 comments
July saw it. 10/10 as I was entertained. So much to the Black Panther arc. Glad Coogler picked a story and handled that. There's lots that can be covered.

I see this movie as the first Iron Man, Thor and Cap, all in one(easy to see the parallels). Wasn't the best MCU movie, but so clever. Being the most advanced nation on earth, they did it justice. Can't wait for April 25, for the fight scene in Wakanda. Also Part 2 of IW. I feel Shuri and Stark will collaborate.

Kilmonger had no fluff. No mercy. He's nobody's Loki. Bad, bad man!

Was a very quick 2hours 15minutes. Only 2 post credit scenes. One after the end scene music and one after the end credits.

That was fantastic. The visuals, the villain, the feeling that it was actually shorter than the run-time (which hasn't been the case with most Marvel movies) — easily one of, if not the, best "origin story" MCU entries. I suppose it isn't technically one, since T'Challa starts the movie trained, but my point stands.

If this is how the MCU will be going forward, I think it still has a lot of gas left in the tank. Roll on, Infinity War.

Aside from the typical cheesy Marvel humour moments (which was thankfully kept to a minimum) and the painful shoehorning of a dead meme into the script (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?), I enjoyed the film. Klaw in particular was great. :lol:

Re-watched it again last night and its a film that holds up to multiple viewings well (as does most of the MCU).

What still however strikes me is that some have attempted to latch onto the film under the misguided (and utterly incorrect) view that it supports isolationism and nationalism, in particular ethno-nationalism.

I do seriously wonder how stupid you would have to be to have watched it and get that idea out of it, given the film clearly highlights and addresses the dangers of isolationism and nationalism, regardless of how justified the reasons are seen or claimed to be.

Re-watched it again last night and its a film that holds up to multiple viewings well (as does most of the MCU).

What still however strikes me is that some have attempted to latch onto the film under the misguided (and utterly incorrect) view that it supports isolationism and nationalism, in particular ethno-nationalism.

I do seriously wonder how stupid you would have to be to have watched it and get that idea out of it, given the film clearly highlights and addresses the dangers of isolationism and nationalism, regardless of how justified the reasons are seen or claimed to be.

What I find so stupid is how this film was politicised by so many from white supremacists to black supremacists and the alt right.

When I watch a superhero film I watch it because I want to see a good story and a badass main character.

Latest Posts

Back