Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

• Thread starter andrea
  • 14 comments
Great trailer. For me this is my single most anticipated MCU movie. I hope I get to see it before everyone spoils the surprise of who the new Black Panther is.

The underwater scenes get me every time I rewatch the trailer. The birth scene, Namor descending towards the shark-jaw throne, Atlanteans (Atlantiseans? Atlantise?) riding on whales... Something about those scenes evoke this unexplainable feeling in me. Can't wait to see it. I haven't been to a cinema since the COVID outbreak, but this film might, just might, change that.

This may prove to be a triumph for Coogler if he and Marvel can make us forget and remember who Chadwick Boseman was at the same time.

Nerdist has a good breakdown on who the next Black Panther might be. There are no spoilers for the movie, of course, but you might steer clear anyway if you really don't want to know who is in the running before hand.

Having read the comics I know who I'm putting my money on but wouldn't mind if it was a surprise.

LOL, those flappy wings.
I love those flappy wings. I feel like we've finally moved past worrying if something is too silly to put in a comic book movie. If Namor has flappy wings in the comics (and he's had them since 1939) then he's got them in the movies, too.

I love those flappy wings. I feel like we've finally moved past worrying if something is too silly to put in a comic book movie. If Namor has flappy wings in the comics (and he's had them since 1939) then he's got them in the movies, too.
I like the fact that the wings are there but in five decades of comics reading I never imagined he actually used them to support his weight rather than just direct his flight. I figured they were more like stabilisers and he actually flew via psionic power.

Marvel's handbook seems to agree (here quoted on the fansite Marvel Database):
Screenshot_20221004_104249_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Put it this way, it’ll be better than seeing Storm doing whatever she was doing those movies. Captain Marvel, now, Namor. I’m looking forward to seeing a properly done Rogue(among others - looking at you Jessica Jones).

What if, instead of the two Black Panther movies being adverts for Lexus, the new Black Panther...drives a black De Tomaso Pantera?

First off, I’d recommend watching Black Widow and Falcon and the Winter Soldier and maybe Hawkeye. Are they all necessary viewing before BPWF? Not really. However, people that jump straight into BPWF might be asking about certain characters.
I enjoyed the movie. I was entertained. Coogler handled the passing of T’Challa well. All the actors were good.

Namor was done well. The backstory, his abilities and the actor were good.

No real dead zone parts of the movie, BUT… dialogue was lacking and resolutions were way too quick for this length of movie.

Don’t expect Aquaman levels of the underwater kingdom. Guess we’ll see something like that in a future movie. I made a joke about one of the deep water scenes, that reminded me of a Disney/Pixar movie.

My daughter asked how I’d rate it. I give it 8/10. It sets up or rather, previews so much of the MCU from phase five onward. Spin-offs, next Disney+ series, etc. Seems like Wakanda will be a central hub for everything. That ain’t bad though.

Back