Black Screen, need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vitzio
  • 18 comments
  • 1,251 views
Messages
1,250
United States
Texas
Messages
GTP_Vitzio/vezze61
Fixed and done with.
 
Last edited:
How long has it been stuck? Have you tried signing out of the PSN?
 
Eh, just restart it, your data will be fine. Remember to always backup your data to a thumbdrive or use the new PSN Cloud.
 
I can't even get back to the main menu on the PS3, the PS button won't redirect me back. It's been stuck for like 10 minutes now :grumpy:
 
Eh, just restart it, your data will be fine. Remember to always backup your data to a thumbdrive or use the new PSN Cloud.

PSN Cloud? Lol sorry im pretty out-of-date on my PSN updates, I hardly look at them. What is that?
 
Hard boot your PS3.
 
I can't even get back to the main menu on the PS3, the PS button won't redirect me back. It's been stuck for like 10 minutes now :grumpy:

You'll have to reset it then, or leave it like that forever.

PSN Cloud? Lol sorry im pretty out-of-date on my PSN updates, I hardly look at them. What is that?

It's an Online storage service for Playstation Plus members only.
 
You could try turning your modem/router off before hardbooting.

Cloud is a storage service for psn plus memebers.
 
OK now I'm getting a really bad problem, the PS3 won't turn off.
 
You have to hold the power button for a few seconds.
 
OK now I'm getting a really bad problem, the PS3 won't turn off.

You'll have to use the switch at the back, if it's locked-up.
 
You have to hold the power button for a few seconds.

Yeah it's worse, I know how to turn off a PS3 lol but I can hold it all I want, the button still stays green on me.
 
All fixed, it was the PS3 that froze up on me, not the game. Just had to pull the plug instead of turning the PS3 off, it wouldn't respond no matter how many times I held and pushed the button.
 
Yeah it's worse, I know how to turn off a PS3 lol but I can hold it all I want, the button still stays green on me.

pull off the plug as last resort i think :scared:
 
The 4 ways to shut down any game (in order of least to most risk of losing save data).
1. Exit via PSN with the controller.
2. Press Power button on front of PS3 and hold it.
3. (tie) Shut off PS3 via on/off switch in the back.
3. (tie) Pull the plug.

Probably anything but the last one should ever be given a consideration. I've never heard of a PS3 refusing to shut off when the back power switch is toggled.
 
I gotta admit that is a scary moment, I mean the PS3 cost $300 it would suck to lose it in one wrong choice on powering off.
 
I've never heard of a PS3 refusing to shut off when the back power switch is toggled.
Many of us have slims which have no back switch, pulling the plug is the only option sometimes. Had to do it myself a few times (not with GT5 yet).


I'd like to note that the chances of losing data during a read operation are slim. You normally only have to worry during a write operation and if there was no saving icon you should be safe more often than not.
 
Last edited:
Yeah there isn't a switch, Had to unplug it as the PS3 was unresponsive, the power button wouldnt work. All is fine now :)
 
Back