Black & White Photography

• Thread starter dennisp83
  • 1,272 comments
dennisp83
Black and white photography is sometimes treated as the 'poor relation' of colour photography. After all, why limit yourself to shades of gray when you can use the entire spectrum of colours?

But in reality a black and white photo can often look even more stunning and captivating than the colour equivalent.

I hope you guys like the idea. Let me start with a few of my favorite B&W's.

Siena - Piazza del Campo by Dennis Peters, on Flickr

Laguna Seca Raceway_1 by Dennis Peters, on Flickr

Dodge Charger @ Laguna Seca Raceway by Dennis Peters, on Flickr

Trial Mountain Circuit_3 by Dennis Peters, on Flickr

Red Bull Hangar-7_1 by Dennis Peters, on Flickr

Siena-PiazzadelCampo_5-1.jpg

Ahrweiler-Streetpv.jpg

CtedAzur500pix.jpg

HighSpeedRing.jpg

B&W photography is, to me at least, a separate art form in itself compared to colour photography. They are as alike as chalk and cheese in as much as their impact on the viewer and in the planning of composition (angles/lighting/exposure etc)...

The real beauty is in using high and low key lighting, enhanced contrast and creating mood with dynamism. I love B&W photography and feel that it often results in a much deeper image than if a shot was taken in colour :)

Here's a few B&W shots of my VW Karmen Ghia that I used in some of the Historic Car seasonals, I'm still not that great with the camera tool yet or picking cars / shots but hopefully these turned out ok.

Taken using the game's Monochrome filter and I added a little edge fade and border using Photobucket.com tools to try and give it a bit of an old fashioned style since it's an older car.

CapeRingSouth_12-1.jpg

CapeRingSouth2-2.jpg

EifelKart2-1.jpg

EifelKart_12-1.jpg

Here's a few B&W shots of my VW Karmen Ghia that I used in some of the Historic Car seasonals, I'm still not that great with the camera tool yet or picking cars / shots but hopefully these turned out ok.

Taken using the game's Monochrome filter and I added a little edge fade and border using Photobucket.com tools to try and give it a bit of an old fashioned style since it's an older car.

CapeRingSouth_12-1.jpg

Love this shot! Thanks for sharing!👍

^^^^^^^^^^^
Great pics!
But those rims on that Miura.....
It's like Xzibit's into classic cars now.
Makes me think of Chris Rock saying some people will put rims on everything.
"Look at them spinning!"

^^^^^^^^^^^
Great pics!
But those rims on that Miura.....
It's like Xzibit's into classic cars now.
Makes me think of Chris Rock saying some people will put rims on everything.
"Look at them spinning!"

I have to agree !! Putting rims on that kind of car is almost a crime...

Back