- 2,492
Such misguided information... Over-boost and High-boost are two different things. Most "real racers" if they have a turbocharged vehicle, do infact have adjustable boost. Although in most professional racing series where turbocharging is allowed, the ammount of air the turbo can push is restricted. It doesn't make much sense to raise the boost when the turbo is still pushing it's air through a straw-sized restrictor now does it?Originally posted by JohnBM01
The reason why people wouldn't want to have Overboost in a game is because real racers don't use such a thing. Overboost is kind of more like drag racing and illegal street racing (even though I don't endorse it). I don't think an overboost will sell for GT4 cars even though a Trial-tuned Toyota Celica SS-II will most likely be in GT4. I wouldn't even recommend it for racing in GT4. I wouldn't recommend it especially for passing. It would make GT4 more of an arcade game than a arcade/simulation.
Well, that's what I think. And I tried to tell my side without saying "ricer," "rice rocket," or anything like that, because that's not my style.
Overboost = boost spike = Bad
High-boost = user adjusted boost setting = Good or bad. Depending on if the a-f ratio is kept lean/stoich/rich. More boost and not enough fuel is bad news. More boost with adequate fuel is a damn good time.
I agree, I don't think "overboost" will sell for GT4 either. I also wouldn't "recommend it for racing in GT4". I too also wouldn't "recommend it especially for passing". Unless you were talking about a turbo-diesel, in that case I would disagree with you.
More often than not the people that go around saying "rice" and "ricer" are the very people that have no idea what the hell they're talking about.