blowouts

Messages
157
just to add to the realism of the game do you think there should be blowouts of tires if you run on old tires in the orange or red for a long time? i think sure why not.
 
as long as it doesnt totally incapacitate you, then i think its cool.
 
I think that it would be good if you had a blow out and had to limp back to the pits...you could have sparks comming off the rim as it hits the track.....
 
sparks are always good, except if your leading the race with 2 laps to go. honestly if they did put blow outs in the game i would never be out long enough to have a blowout happen. cause after 20-30 laps on the tires i am atleast 30sec ahead of 2nd it is the perfect gap to make a pit stop. so i have no reason to stay out and risk it unless it is the last lap, but i practice better pitstop stratagy they that. but any way back to the subject.
 
It's a good idea. Let's say you bought a car and were racing with the stock tires. Those tires may not be rated for high speed and you blow out on straights.
 
battle_stage
It's a good idea. Let's say you bought a car and were racing with the stock tires. Those tires may not be rated for high speed and you blow out on straights.

very good idea, it would make the game so real. i love having such a challenge when games have realism.
 
Actually I think tires should be priced more realistically. Like maybe you pick a tire manufacturer to sponser you, and you can purchase tires from them. Now let's say you're doing a 20 lap race. You can supply your team with X amount of tires for that race. Once those tires are gone, they're gone. You have to buy more. If you're on an endurance race and you did not plan your pits well, you're on your last set of tires, than that's it. You're forced to retire once your tires become unusable.

I like this idea.
 
I think I believe hearing gt4 would have tire pressure.
 
I don't know about blowouts. I know I'd rather have a chance to finish a race with as little rubber on my tires as possible, but ease of driving and "pick up and play" style will basically overrule any chance of having blowouts in the game.

At first, I usually talk about "blow outs." And a "blow out" in my text when not talking about tires means having a large gap between myself and 2nd Place, granted 2nd place isn't lapped. I take that from American sports as normal. Let's see if Willams doesn't get blown out against Mike Tyson this weekend in his heavyweight fight. See you later!
 
JohnBM01
I don't know about blowouts. I know I'd rather have a chance to finish a race with as little rubber on my tires as possible, but ease of driving and "pick up and play" style will basically overrule any chance of having blowouts in the game.

At first, I usually talk about "blow outs." And a "blow out" in my text when not talking about tires means having a large gap between myself and 2nd Place, granted 2nd place isn't lapped. I take that from American sports as normal. Let's see if Willams doesn't get blown out against Mike Tyson this weekend in his heavyweight fight. See you later!

well i've heard it in both definition concering tires and what you mentioned. also the pick up and play style you mentioned is so true.
 
we should also have random engine failure :lol:.......that would go down well on the last lap of a 2 hour race :D
 
robin2223
we should also have random engine failure :lol:.......that would go down well on the last lap of a 2 hour race :D

i would just cry. but two hours isn't nothing i would have no problem racing it again. i have had engine blow outs on f1 and nascar games in full races and it sucks after 2 hours of racing.
 
It shouldn't be random. If you push your engine more than it can handle, then it should fail.
 
Cars can only take so much so why not have them failing all over the place if used constantly or heavy use. Engines blowing up, tires going flat, suspension cracking, steering lopsided, gears being lost etc, now that would be sweet, of course the "kids" would hate it but then again they probably just cheat to get everything anyway after a short time. :lol:
 
Those are some sweet ideas, it would be cool if they were in the game. But suspensions getting bent probably won't be implemented unless there was body damage. Otherwise it would look pretty stupid if you slam into a wall, and your front suspension is collapsed to half way down the car, but the body of the car is miraculously unharmed.

The rest sound pretty cool, but the failures shouldn't be random, like battle_stage said. The components should fail only if they are pushed to the limit. Such as, redlining for too long, too many miles on the car, tires worn bald, jumping the curb or hitting the wall to hard, that kind of stuff.
Some ideas I came up with:
-Headlight failures-Won't be too easy completing that night enduro now......
-Brake Wear-Brakes get slightly less powerful after each use
-Gas Mileage-Would be much more realistic for enduros
-Engine Heat-If heat rises too high, then wave bye-bye to that $350,000 engine. But, theoretically, the more power you put into an engine, the hotter it will run, because the engine has to work harder. So there would be fewer 1000 Hp Skylines and 3000GTs, with engines, anyway.

And grime and dirt should be implemented, in my opinion. After 30 minutes of racing in real Rallying, you can barely tell what color the car was, or what it is. But after 30 minutes of rally racing in GT3, you have a dull car. Same goes for a 2 Hour endurance race, it is caked with dust and tar in real life, but in GT3.........you have a dull colored car. But this would be hard to implement on the PS2, so maybe in GT5................
 
I wonder what the liscensed tire comapnies would think about blowouts.
 
All tires have a speed rating. The maufacturers place that on their tires for a reason. If that speed is exceeded, there is the possibility of a blowout. If you race too long with cheap tires, you can't always expect perfect results.
 
Which is why we don't have liscenced tyres in the gt series!

I think it's a great idea. It would be even more realistic in drag racing. If you spin out in the beginning too long from being in the wrong gear or just slammin it, your tyres would "pop" and you would lose. GREAT!! Well, not so great, but realistic. :lol:
 
You could invest in some Michelin PAX tires so you wouldnt have any blowouts!! :lol:...........yeah licenced tires and more licenced rims would be cool.....

p.s. on that note, the GT40 in prologue had Goodyear Eagle tires on and the logo was visable.....hmmm could this be a hint at lienced tires :)

Robin :D
 
Ya it owuld be kool, I often also wondered if they should add like:
A car failing, and like blown engines and ****, evan running out of fule! WOuld add so much stratigies to the game!
 
Tires blowing would be really cool but I'd rather have the option for the engine to blow. On certain cars, I'd always rev the crap out of them or hold a certain RPM for a faster run since there were no consequences.
 
I think it would be a good idea as it would make people pit and also make them think more about pit strategy.

Plenty of other games have done tyre blowouts etc successfully (sp) so why can't Polyphony?
 
I like that "kids" are the only ones who think that being overly realistic is more of a pain than a joy.

I'm happy not having failures of any kind. I think it'd suck the fun out of it a bit if you have to be too careful about everything. Fuel will add another dimension, tyres will be more realistic than before, that's a good start for me. Save damage and stuff for the next iteration.
 
I'd rather have a 100% realistic, completely unforgiving, racing simulation.
 
i agree with Eagle... fuel consumption and improved realism in tire wear will go a long way.

eg if you drift every corner your tires should disapate much quicker than if you took clean racing lines through the turns. That does exist in GT3 but maybe not to the level it should in reality (you might get a 1-2 lap increase in tire life by keeping it clean) whereas IRL 6 or 7 high speed drifts would torch the tires... let alone 5 to 6 laps of a full circut.

the other thing that would be nice is that you have to pay to replace tires... ie when you buy tires, you buy a set or better, sets of tires. When those tires have worn out, you have to pay to replace your stock.
 
JohnBM01
Let's see if Willams doesn't get blown out against Mike Tyson this weekend in his heavyweight fight. See you later!

Best piece of info in this Thread 👍 I'm amazed he is still fighting, this is his first fight for 17 months. I'd heard nothing about it untill now. Tyson is half the man he was, so might risk a few quid on Williams :)

Sorry, back to the blowout Topic...
 
Back