BMW 8-Series (E31) 850 CSi 1992

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Leonidae@MFT, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Harsk100

Harsk100

Well, I'd rather have an 840Ci, but 850 CSi is ok, too. Voted :tup:

2. matherto

matherto

This thread is an absolute mess, someone needs to sort it out. If it's just the E31 8-Series as a whole we're voting for then make the title say that and then clean up the first post to show that we're voting for the model series and each individual model is covered.

840Ci - 4.4 V8 - 286bhp
    850Ci - 5.4 V12 - 326bhp
    850CSi - 5.4 V12 - 375bhp
    M8 Concept - 5.5 V12 - 550bhp

Then perhaps maybe the Alpina B12 5.0 and 5.7.

3. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Look at the title, 850 csi. I consulted a mod about it a while ago and that's the model this threads going with

4. matherto

matherto

Change the first post to simply reflect the 850CSi then.

The rest of what's there doesn't need to be, it's a mess.

5. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Meh

Just ignore it

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I'm not sure but I think it might have been merged by mods, hence some of the more random stuff.

7. LJ12

LJ12

Well I'm obsessed by the E31, and I honestly can't think of how many hours I've read about them, and lokked at photos of them. I'm glad to see that you have two V12's! I utterly love BMW's V12 engines, and they sound great in my opinion.
    The fact that you can shot down half of the engine is also something I've been aware off, and I really admire how far ahead BMW was compared to other manafacturers.

I'm thinking of buying one in two years once I'm finished as an apprentice at a workshop, so I'm glad to hear that the V12 isn't that expensive to run.

Thanks for your honest and thorough reply! Sorry for the late response though.

8. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

I also think they sound great. The csi sounded wonderful in fm4

LJ12 likes this.
  9. LJ12

LJ12

Indeed! Also, over 100 km/h or 62 mph, the car accelerated like nothing else in it's class! Epic car.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  10. Castrol96

Castrol96

Did you know, I asked the Official BMW page on Instagram that will there ever be another 8 series, They replied that we cannot speak upon our future plans. So we might be seeing another 8 series or is it useless as we got the i8.

LJ12 likes this.
  11. LJ12

LJ12

It is sad to hear. BMW needs a compeditor to the S-Class coupé. We did see the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé though back in 2013 though, which saw like a new 8-Series, but the beauty will never see production as it seems.
    image.jpg

ProjectF and Castrol96 like this.
  12. Castrol96

Castrol96

Nice but it doesn't have that exotic coupe design like it used to :(

LJ12 likes this.
  13. LJ12

LJ12

But then again, nothing will ever look like the 8-Series, in my opinion ;)
    BMW 8-serie Mora invidual metallic.jpg Alpina B12 5.7 (Drømmebilen).jpg BMW 840Ci, BMW 850Ci, BMW 850CSi, Alpina B12 5.7 Coupé.jpg

14. Castrol96

Castrol96

LJ12 likes this.
  15. LJ12

LJ12

They only made about 30.000 E31's, and most of them was made between 1990-1992. (About 20.000.) The rest of the 10.000 was made in the last 7 years of production. So they are very rare cars, sadly.

I've only seen two in my whole life, so that sums up the rarity of them (at least in Norway.) Luckily though, they are incredibly cheap now, so there is an opportunity for "normal people" to buy and own an E31 these days.

I plan on buying one in the next 2-3 years, so fingers crossed!

Castrol96 and NorthernLight like this.
  16. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

We Definitely Need This To Come Back To Gran Turismo, it's one of most cars i missed from Gran Turismo 2.

I really felt in love with this car, i remember couple months ago, November 2014 to be exact, i was going to school when i saw a Sliver BMW E31 passing near us. I went crazy about it and stared at it for the whole time it was near me. I just wished if i could see it once again but sadly that didn't happened. I really Love that V12 even thought some of it are V8 which's still nice IMO and let's not forget the Pop Out Headlight which's my favorite Headlight design.

And oh here's a video i made on Gran Turismo 2 (it's gonna be finished in 20 mintues):

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  17. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Hello LJ12, I know of the owners of all the cars you pictured above, The first one is from the UK, His name is Timm, He is a enthusiast and he helps several members on bimmerfourms get there 8Series sorted out when they have issues, Great guy!

18. 990cc

990cc

19. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

We got one E30, now want the rest of the E30 lower trims and this E31 back into GT...

Please Kaz...