BMW GT3 Review

United States
United States
BMW Z4 GT3 Verdict:All round great racer

These new GT3 cars are really quite a nice addition into the Gran Turismo series. They're kind of a way to teach you how the top end racing cars perform with the handling but they don't have as much power so they're much easier to use. The BMW Z4 in my opinion is the perfect car for this. It doesn't have too much horsepower, nor does it weigh too little, too much and the torque makes you learn how to practice your throttle but it's not so much that it's difficult. I haven't tested all of the GT3 racers but the SLS GT3 has a fair bit more torque than the BMW and the Nissan does have that nice 4WD but with 4WD comes, of course, understeer. When I drive the BMW it feels like there's a ton of grip, it's stable, not too much understeer or over steer. It's just simply a great racer that you can also have fun with tuning. Also, I've noticed that if you don't know much about how the suspension settings work, this is a great car to start practicing with. It's just overrall a great car that's easy and fun to drive that's not too easy nor overbearing.

Value: For a GT3 car, it's matched with the GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model. This is a pretty good pricing as you can probably choose either of those for a good buy. Just depends if you'd prefer over-steer, get the BMW, under-steer, get the GT-R. They're both pretty cheap for racers and the BMW is a great car to begin learning how high powered lightweight LMP and Group C race cars perform.

As requested by winner133

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

-I have not driven the GT-R nor the AMG, just going on basic knowledge of 4WD and the effect of torque on RWD cars.

EDIT: Thank you to Azure Flare for pointing out the GT-R does not have 4WD. Please ignore any statement on it until further notice

have you got any tunes for this particular car?
I don't have the numbers with me right now but I adjust the rear toe angles to around +.50 degrees and soften the springs. Mainly the front I believe. This is all from memory so I may be wrong

Here ya go. Not so much a hardcore tune but just what I use:
-Height: 60/62
-Spring Rate: 14.40/16.50
-Dampeners Comp: 3/4
-Dampeners Ext: 3/3
-Anti-roll Bars: 3/3
-Camber Angle: 4.0/2.5
-Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.35

Again, it's not a hardcore, in depth tune, it's just what I like it at. Others might not.

Seriously go to this thread It has updates on all the reviews I've done along with laptimes of the cars. Overall it's a better thread with more info.

Back