Premium Vehicle Reviews Anyone? Now dead, move to my new thread

Would you like dis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Hey all,

Was thinking about posting unbiased (to the best of my ability) reviews on all the premium vehicles in GT6. If you'd like to see this let me know. I hate buying a car in the game and finding out the handling ruins it or I could get something better for my money and not having the resources to look this up. These reviews will be on stock, premium cars only (for the most part). Anywhere between the Honda Fit and the Redbull X2015 will hopefully be reviewed in alphabetical order to make sure I don't miss any cars. I will also compare and contrast it to other cars in the same category, will include your opinions relating to gran turismo, vehicles, etc, and will also take some requests for standard cars.

I will try to post as often as possible but with school nearing and I needing to get a job, I cannot say how often for sure I can post.

Currently my PS3 HDMI output is broken so I'll have to wait for that to get repaired if you all want detailed info, or I can give my opinion on vehicles I already own if you'd like. Let me know, thanks guys!

Edit: Will be playing in 480p till further notice.

F430 Scuderia Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f430-scuderia-review.313555/
BMW M4 Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bmw-m4-review.313556/
Lambo Aventador: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lamborghini-aventador-review.313626/
BMW Z4 GT3 Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bmw-gt3-review.313632/
Lexus LFA Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lexus-lfa-review.313733/
Aston V12 Vatage: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/aston-martin-v12-vantage-review.313843/
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f1-gtr-review.313845/
Delta Wing 2012 Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2012-delta-wing-review.313848/

Upcoming reviews (in order): Aston Martin one-77, Bugatti Veyron

Last edited:
Lol will do. All reviews will be posted here. Forget alphabetizing, request and I'll do a review. Anyone in particular you'd like?

BMW M4, The untunable frosted black metallic one. :grumpy: Sorry just mad I can't tune or customize it. :banghead:

Last edited:
BMW M4 Review: Verdict: For fun, not racing

The M4: the newest M Series BMW to hit gran turismo. After driving around Monza with it a bit, I had trouble finding what makes this car so special. There's nothing it does particularly well nor does it do anything wrong. It's fun car to drive. It grips when you want it to and you can kick out the back when you want for some sideways fun. However there's a lot of understeer when you brake so if you're one of those aggresive, brake late and hard into a corner, you won't have fun with this car. Also, it doesn't sound particularly good. Most know that the cars in gran turismo don't sound great but this car compared to the rest is just bad. It sounds like air just whooshing overhead. And what was gran turismo thinking about making this cars almost un-tune-able? Yeah you can a few horses in the power upgrades but nothing too heavy. Speaking of heavy, it weight almost 1 and a half metric tons (3,300 pounds) and you can't lose any weight. Overrall, the car can be fun to drive, but it's only good for fun driving.

For it's price it's not a good buy. You can have just as much fun for less in the Lexus IS F '07, Megan Trophy racers, and for just ~46,000 more credits, and Audi R8 FSI '07.

Well there's my first review, if you guys want more let me know! Request a premium car (be as specific as possible such as adding it's year) and I'll do my verdict on it.

Love the idea, will be watching this thread for sure 👍

A few little tips though:-
Add a picture with the review, really helps it stand out
Link the reveiws to the OP by clicking on the spanner on the top right and copying/pasting the link
I like the price vs. performance and comparisons bit, its a nice touch

I would enjoy a review of the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. I had a disliking for this car for no real reason so never really bothered with it until recently but quickly changed my mind when I took it for a spin.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

I have replays of every premium car, stock, at Suzuka, except some of the ones that cost over 1 million...

Not really a review but a good way to compare each car to other cars. I've logged just under 10k miles on that track now...the avatar will be updated in the next week or two :)

You write the review of the car and I'll post its replay lap at Suzuka complete with specs.

Love the idea, will be watching this thread for sure 👍

A few little tips though:-
Add a picture with the review, really helps it stand out
Link the reveiws to the OP by clicking on the spanner on the top right and copying/pasting the link
I like the price vs. performance and comparisons bit, its a nice touch

I would enjoy a review of the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. I had a disliking for this car for no real reason so never really bothered with it until recently but quickly changed my mind when I took it for a spin.

Thanks in advance :cheers:
Will do, thanks for the advice. Quick question, what is an OP?

I have replays of every premium car, stock, at Suzuka, except some of the ones that cost over 1 million...

Not really a review but a good way to compare each car to other cars. I've logged just under 10k miles on that track now...the avatar will be updated in the next week or two :)

You write the review of the car and I'll post its replay lap at Suzuka complete with specs.
Dude, that is perfect, thank you so much. I had this idea in mind but there's only 1 working usb port on my ps3 and that'd mean unplugging my wheel every time I wanted to transfer the replay from the ps3 ro my laptop.

Side note: Thanks a bunch guys for being excited for this, lot of fun for me to do!

Ferrari F430 Scuderia: Verdict: Not bad, entertaining to drive, but take a look at everything else you can buy in the 540-560pp category for less money, weight, more power, and better handling. Almost anything's better in that category thanks to this luggish italian's handling. But those stripes...

The 430 Scuderia ('430 team' in Italian) is the last, final hurrah of the Ferarri F430. One thing I noticed right off the bat was that it feels really heavy. It's not particularly a heavy car coming in at 1,350 kilograms (few short of 3k pounds) I feel this would have to do with the OUTRAGEOUSLY weak dampeners. See, the dampeners are what most people would call shock absorbers. They handle sudden jolts in the suspension and weight transfer. They're so soft in this car that the steering is lacking sharp movements and stability which compromises the handling at high speed cornering. Speaking of the handling, it's not particularly bad if you know how to work it. It understeers at low speed and if you turn tight enough at high speed you'll get traction loss in the rear and the back will kick out (equally fun and terrifing :D). Weight distribution is 44 front/56 back. That coupled with the weak dampeners and of course it being a heavy, italian, high riding(relatively) super car, it'll be hard to control but I think that if someone who knows how suspension tuning works in gran turismo 6, they can fix that right away. But could they fix the understeer...

Value: Coming in at a few thousand over 300k, this super car, like most fancy italian objects and people is ready to empty your wallet at a moments notice. But there's a catch, for less money you can get yourself a more powerful and (assumed) better handling ferrari: the 458. Or you can go Japanese and get the perfect-at-stock Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 for not even a third of what you'd pay for the Scuderia. However, there is one thing that almost makes this car worth buying over anything else in it's 540-560pp category, and that my friends is it's double racing stripe. Seriously...that stripe itself is worth like 150k in this game...

As requested by DolHause

Ferrari F430 Scuderia: Verdict: Not bad, entertaining to drive, but take a look at everything else you can buy in the 540-560pp category for less money, weight, more power, and better handling. Almost anything's better in that category thanks to this luggish italian's handling. But those stripes...

The 430 Scuderia ('430 team' in Italian) is the last, final hurrah of the Ferarri F430. One thing I noticed right off the bat was that it feels really heavy. It's not particularly a heavy car coming in at 1,350 kilograms (few short of 3k pounds) I feel this would have to do with the OUTRAGEOUSLY weak dampeners. See, the dampeners are what most people would call shock absorbers. They handle sudden jolts in the suspension and weight transfer. They're so soft in this car that the steering is lacking sharp movements and stability which compromises the handling at high speed cornering. Speaking of the handling, it's not particularly bad if you know how to work it. It understeers at low speed and if you turn tight enough at high speed you'll get traction loss in the rear and the back will kick out (equally fun and terrifing :D). Weight distribution is 44 front/56 back. That coupled with the weak dampeners and of course it being a heavy, italian, high riding(relatively) super car, it'll be hard to control but I think that if someone who knows how suspension tuning works in gran turismo 6, they can fix that right away. But could they fix the understeer...

Value: Coming in at a few thousand over 300k, this super car, like most fancy italian objects and people is ready to empty your wallet at a moments notice. But there's a catch, for less money you can get yourself a more powerful and (assumed) better handling ferrari: the 458. Or you can go Japanese and get the perfect-at-stock Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 for not even a third of what you'd pay for the Scuderia. However, there is one thing that almost makes this car worth buying over anything else in it's 540-560pp category, and that my friends is it's double racing stripe. Seriously...that stripe itself is worth like 150k in this game...

As requested by DolHause
Hmm.... It would appear we have different views of the car here, are you sure you had the traction control/asm off? I wouldn't ever really describe it has having understeer though, I'd say the skyline was much more prone to that.

Thanks though, I appreciate the speedy response :cheers:

Hmm.... It would appear we have different views of the car here, are you sure you had the traction control/asm off? I wouldn't ever really describe it has having understeer though, I'd say the skyline was much more prone to that.

Thanks though, I appreciate the speedy response :cheers:
Yeah, had them both off (only aid I drive with is abs:1 and occasionally the driving line.) There would be some understeer occasionally. Wasn't a ton but felt like it should be noted. The Skyline would probably have more under steer since it's 4 wheel drive. More power going to the front of the wheels and asking them to steer is going to result in problems. Which is why I noted the GT-R is great stock in the 430 review. Thanks for your feedback on the car. Noticing something I don't or disagreeing with me is important here.

These reviews are gold. Not too long and not too short and he pretty much gets straight to the point of why its worth buying or na. He even recommends cars around the same price that's better. Keep up the good work. I'll be checking out this thread alot.

These reviews are gold. Not too long and not too short and he pretty much gets straight to the point of why its worth buying or na. He even recommends cars around the same price that's better. Keep up the good work. I'll be checking out this thread alot.
Thanks man, means a lot.

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700 Verdict:

Ah, Lamborghini. How you always love to split me in two. The Aventador is...confusing... I never quite understood what role it played. With 690 horsepower, it's more powerful than anything else in it's category such as Ferrari and McLaren but...it lacks the sophistication they bring. You'd think with the new engine they developed for this car and the F-1 style push rod suspension teamed with the 4WD it'd be an outstanding car in this game but the truth is, it's not. Stock it's not bad to drive. It's fun, fast, and just an absolute joy to drive and of course to look at but add horsepower, drop weight, and add a body kit to make it even more menacing the thing becomes practically horrendous to drive. After adding a few horsepower you're going to do one of two things on this car: make it understeer (thanks to it's 4WD) or make it oversteer (thanks to it still being a big heavy Lambo). Sometimes if you're lucky you can get both. It's like the old Murcielago 640. You have grip right up until the very end where you push it too hard and you just lose it completely. Granted this isn't as profound as in the Murcielago as it is in the Aventador and you'd have to add a few horsepower to notice it quite often but the point of these cars is so that you save hundreds of thousands of credits in B class so you have them to use right up into i-b, i-a class which is why I just simply cannot recommend this car for anyone to buy and use it in this way.

Value: Coming in at 400k on the dot, for it's horsepower you get a lot for your money but you're only getting the horsepower. Handling and tunability gets thrown out the window as soon as you step on the gas and hit 60 in 2.2 seconds. I've bought this car and used it for many races and it's only real opponent I've had trouble beating was the McLaren MP4-12C. The 12C is cheaper and will probably be a better buy if you're looking to tune cars and race with them but if you want the most fun wrapped in a car that's fast and easy to handle at stock, the Aventador is the car for you.

As requested by ALB123

-Would like to point out that I've used the Aventador as my main supercar in GT6 so please excuse me if I am a bit biased but I feel I know more about this car since I've used it longer than the others I've reviewed so far.

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

Any of you guys want me to review a race car you've been looking at? I have a ton of LMP racers, I even put them around Monza, same conditions, same number of laps to find out which is the best to buy. Let me know if there's any race car or sports car you'd like me to review and I'll get right on that either today or tomorrow depending on the time of the reply!

Any of you guys want me to review a race car you've been looking at? I have a ton of LMP racers, I even put them around Monza, same conditions, same number of laps to find out which is the best to buy. Let me know if there's any race car or sports car you'd like me to review and I'll get right on that either today or tomorrow depending on the time of the reply!

How about review the ford gt spec II, Bmw Z4 gt3, or the GT-R gt3d

Last edited:
BMW Z4 GT3 Verdict:All round great racer

These new GT3 cars are really quite a nice addition into the Gran Turismo series. They're kind of a way to teach you how the top end racing cars perform with the handling but they don't have as much power so they're much easier to use. The BMW Z4 in my opinion is the perfect car for this. It doesn't have too much horsepower, nor does it weigh too little, too much and the torque makes you learn how to practice your throttle but it's not so much that it's difficult. I haven't tested all of the GT3 racers but the SLS GT3 has a fair bit more torque than the BMW and the Nissan does have that nice 4WD but with 4WD comes, of course, understeer. When I drive the BMW it feels like there's a ton of grip, it's stable, not too much understeer or over steer. It's just simply a great racer that you can also have fun with tuning. Also, I've noticed that if you don't know much about how the suspension settings work, this is a great car to start practicing with. It's just overrall a great car that's easy and fun to drive that's not too easy nor overbearing.

Value: For a GT3 car, it's matched with the GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model. This is a pretty good pricing as you can probably choose either of those for a good buy. Just depends if you'd prefer over-steer, get the BMW, under-steer, get the GT-R. They're both pretty cheap for racers and the BMW is a great car to begin learning how high powered lightweight LMP and Group C race cars perform.

As requested by winner133

Follow the original thread to get instant updates on cars I've reviewed and even suggest one for me to write! :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/premium-vehicle-reviews-anyone.313334/#post-9884044

-I have not driven the GT-R nor the AMG, just going on basic knowledge of 4WD and the effect of torque on RWD cars.

EDIT: Thank you to Azure Flare for pointing out the GT-R does not have 4WD. Please ignore any statement on it until further notice

Last edited:
Lexus LOOKING F....king Awesome LFA, LFA, LFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Please :D I just love this car so much.

Thank you for your review of the Lamborghini Aventador. I agree, the car is a wild animal in stock form - but it's one of those cars that you really don't want to add much more power to (unless you're the type of person who puts RS tires on a street car). I pretty much agree with everything you said in your review. Well done!

When you have time, I would love to hear what you have to say about the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10. Thank you!

Lexus LFA: Verdict: Near perfection lost in limbo

I was expecting this from the beginning. The LFA is just absolutely perfect. It handles great, almost no understeer and just a tab of over steer but it's so manageable. The weight distribution and suspension is perfect. The car doesn't feel heavy nor is it to responsive to drive. You don't have to work it, you can sit back, relax, have fun and race at the same time. But there are a few problems with it. Now when you think of this car you would consider it competing with high end ferrari's such as the 458 and the lamborghini Aventador or possibly the McLaren 12C and the price for this car certainly encourages it but, it simply can't. Handling wise it's right on par of not better than all of these cars but for the power, it lacks it severely. Having 552 hp, it's not exactly slow but it's not super car fast. And to make things worse, you cannot add body kits on it. Add as much horsepower as you want and make it even lighter cause but don't think you'll be adding downforce on this car. If you're a hardcore tuning race fan, sadly, your perfect car just got ruined.

Value:For super car price you get excellent handling but you lack the power. I really don't know what to tell you about this car cause the only other vehicles in it's category is the Gallardo, the GT-R and a 430. It's in a limbo between the flagship hardcore supercars and their less powerful lightweight models. Because of that I really can't say it's a bad or a good race car cause there's almost nothing to compare it to. The only bad thing about it is that depending on how you look at it and it's price.

As requested by:FSportIS

Just read the Z4 gt3 review and you making me want to buy it :)

Also The LFA one is good too

Well guys, we're 5 reviews in. I think it's time for some feedback. Let me know what I'm doing wrong, what I'm doing right, what I could improve on, add, take away, or anything else you think deserves to be said. And always remember that there's almost no shortage of cars to review in Gran Turismo. I'd prefer to review premium, but if there's a standard car you'd like me to review throw it out there and I might just review it! Coming up next will be the Aston Martin V12 Vantage as requested by ALB123!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back