BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11 just appeared? [Dealership Seceretly Changing!?]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amac500
  • 81 comments
  • 19,849 views
It seems the BMW M3 GT2 base model becomes open simply by using the M3 GT race car '11 in arcade mode and complete a race in it. I just did that and the car was unlocked when I returned to career mode in the dealership. I'm guessing this is what opens it up or actually buying the race car from the shop. But I saw the dealership and it was not in there until right after completing a 4 lap race at Bathurst in the M3 GT '11 car.
Confirmed! I just tried this right now and it works. Good find:bowdown:
 
Just done the same and now it's there! :cheers:.

Wonder why they named it "M3 GT2" instead of just "M3 GT" on which it is clearly based?
Your guess is as good as mine, I'm doing races with race cars in Arcade mode to see if any more base models appear that way.

@SD180sx, no problem. This is what GTP is about! Back to racing, I don't really want to do races in career mode much as I am basically in awe of Bathurst, lol. Arcade mode rules, now I just hope we get the update to change the damage options since there is no way to turn on any type of mechanical damage or fuel/tire wear...infuriating as I can't do my GT5 enduro's . Also what is with the AI choices of cars, they make little to no sense, in the back you'd have one monster car with you and two cars that definitely do not belong on the grid and then the rest are PP matched to your car. PD what is this craziness?
 
If you don't load the small update AFTER 1.01, the x201x are 5,000,000
The audo r8 lms are ~375,000 before the small update and 1,500,000 after.

Its true the Audis on mine are still 365-400k depending on the model. I dont even need one but to save just about a million, I may buy one.. I wish the prices were dropping not spiking!
 
Updating, I can confirm too that running the courtesy BMW in single player unlocks it. I found a photo of it in my gallery, totally forgot I ran it!
 
Its true the Audis on mine are still 365-400k depending on the model. I dont even need one but to save just about a million, I may buy one.. I wish the prices were dropping not spiking!
They dropped a lot from 1.00 to 1.01. Now they're slightly increasing.
 
i can also confirm this. very trippy because i could not find it before i started the race and I'm on the dealership menu right now and it's there.
 
I checked the car count. The M3 GT2 base model has been added, but the car count is still the same!
 
They dropped a lot from 1.00 to 1.01. Now they're slightly increasing.

Maybe they are being slightly increased for those paying cash for credits. The 1 Million increase on the X201x should bring in some more revenue for them. It's a stealthy way of makin' more cash from the unsuspecting customer. 👎

Amazon UK are selling 1 million credits for £16.95. Makes sense from their point of view to slightly increase the in-game prices of the more desirable cars so a 5,000,000 X201x will bring in an extra 16.95 real cash for the increase of 1,000,000 in-game credits. IMO I think some people are getting ripped off.:irked:
 
Just checked this out. Had a look in the BMW dealership, no base car. Went to arcade mode, single race, chose the BMW, won, went back to the dealership, base car there! Excellent.
 
OK, so we need to find out which other cars that may be unlocked like this. Am I right that these cars should be on the list, but not in the dealership?
 
I'd ignored the arcade races until I read this thread. Hopped in the BMW and gave it a blast. Had an absolute epic race around the 'ring 3 laps at night. Had the Xj13 in my rear view for most of the second and third lap. Bit of rubber banding but all in all, great fun. :-D

Plus - new car. :-D

Cheers OP
 
Someone needs to check the official car against the dealership to see what else is missing then maybe a little treasure hunt to find 'em. I just ain't got the time for such a mammoth task....:nervous:
 
I hope there will come within a update the BMW Z4 GT3 Base model, or more liveries for that car.

Who doesn't want this? :D
 
Can we remove those mini updates seperately or do we need to delete the entire update? Want he audi but for 1.5 milion i could buy them all with the v1.01 prices.
 
[Deleted]
 
Last edited:
I've just tried this for myself, and it would appear that it also adds the base models for numerous other cars that I'm pretty sure didn't appear in the dealership before?

Megane Trophy
Scirocco GT24
NSX GT500
HSV-10 GT
IS350 GT300
SC430 GT500
GT-R GT500
Z GT500
GT-R Nismo GT3
Impreza GT300
BRZ
86 Race Car
Supra GT500

As I say, I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them before?
 
I can't comment about all of those (at work ATM), but the Scirocco, SC430, Z, and both GT-Rs are for sure unlocked right away. I have them all available in the Dealership, and I haven't done any Arcade Mode yet.
 
I've just tried this for myself, and it would appear that it also adds the base models for numerous other cars that I'm pretty sure didn't appear in the dealership before?

Megane Trophy
Scirocco GT24
NSX GT500
HSV-10 GT
IS350 GT300
SC430 GT500
GT-R GT500
Z GT500
GT-R Nismo GT3
Impreza GT300
BRZ
86 Race Car
Supra GT500

As I say, I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them before?

I think most of those I've seen in the dealer already since new. I've not done any Arcade neither...
 
Lots of little things are changing all the time. I swear the price of the X2010 has gone up 1,000,000 credits in the last 36 hours :boggled:. Might be seeing things but when I checked at the beginning of the game I thought I saw it at 5,000,000. Checked it since and now it's 6,000,000. Thought I was going crazy at one point.

Maybe that's what the little stealth updates that PD are introducing are doing :odd:.
I noticed that too
 
Also there´s a Nissan GT-R GT3 Base Model!
 
It would be interesting if there was some kind of dynamic demand server based thing that was controlling the prices of the more expensive stuff dynamically...
 
I just did this myself and sure enough, a new M3 GT2 Base Model '11 showed up in the BMW Dealership that wasn't there before. Nice find. 👍
 
I've just tried this for myself, and it would appear that it also adds the base models for numerous other cars that I'm pretty sure didn't appear in the dealership before?

Megane Trophy
Scirocco GT24
NSX GT500
HSV-10 GT
IS350 GT300
SC430 GT500
GT-R GT500
Z GT500
GT-R Nismo GT3
Impreza GT300
BRZ
86 Race Car
Supra GT500


As I say, I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them before?

The cars in bold are already available (according to the Dealership video I watched). Only the Scirocco GT24 and the Megane Trophy didn't seem available from the start.
 
I would love to have a base model for the Castrol supra
 
Back