BMW M4 Safety Car Coming To GT6

• Thread starter cmbeal317
  • 397 comments
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but look at the shifter. Its the automatic still not the manual, I guess BMW want to showcase the super fast auto with flappy paddles.

PD just keeps on surprising me, keep up the good work!

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but they might be updating the track sponsor logos around the track, the ADAC sponsor wasn't there on Nurburgring before.
bmw-m4-safety-car-gt6-lights-4-640x360.jpg

No it's always been there. I just went in game to make sure as well and it's there.

The ride height is nice and low. :)

At this stage, if it's only the auto, so be it. We get what we get.

In the end isn't it the DCT 7spd & faster then the manual. I look at it like BMW probably wanted its best transmission to go in the game, we have the option to shift manually if we want.

Yes, it's about .2 seconds quicker.
I was hoping a 6 speed for being like the race cars. Takes the hassle out of tuning to use only 6 gears. Like the C63, SLS, ISF road cars. We'll see come the update.

The ride height is nice and low. :)

At this stage, if it's only the auto, so be it. We get what we get.
Why would it only be automatic ? Its just a rumor. There's is NO automatic only cars in the games (if you take out the electric cars and karts).

Speculation time. :)

Time trial seasonal for the safety car, and drift seasonal for the normal M4.
Seems rather inline with regular seasonals.
And the fortnightly exchange of time trial/drift events is almost due.

What are the odds the update lands with the usual swapping of seasonals in 2 days time?

According to the blog. You're correct in both events. "Safety Trial" for the pace car and drift for the regular one.

Why would it only be automatic ? Its just a rumor. There's is NO automatic only cars in the games (if you take out the electric cars and karts).

Auto in terms of gearing. The majority of real modern race cars have 6 forward gears, correct? I posted a few pages up that I prefer a "manual" for the sensation of being able to make a race car. Plus, there is a photo showing a manual pace car. Thing is, as I posted earlier, we don't know until we get the car. But if the pace car comes with the 7 speed I have to accept it.

Auto in terms of gearing. The majority of real modern race cars have 6 forward gears, correct? I posted a few pages up that I prefer a "manual" for the sensation of being able to make a race car. Plus, there is a photo showing a manual pace car. Thing is, as I posted earlier, we don't know until we get the car. But if the pace car comes with the 7 speed I have to accept it.

If we can Mod the M4 now, won't we be able to stick the fully customisable 'box in there.. and isn't that likely to only have 6 gears anyway? Apologies if I'm asking something stupid, I don't pay much attention to tuning specifics.

If we can Mod the M4 now, won't we be able to stick the fully customisable 'box in there.. and isn't that likely to only have 6 gears anyway? Apologies if I'm asking something stupid, I don't pay much attention to tuning specifics.
If it's like the other cars with 7 or 8 gears, it keeps that amount of gears with the full custom box.

Mindless speculation time:

PDI are adding a new safety car as part of a package of updates to make the races more realistic, with flags, rules, qualifying, grid starts and the safety car...

...I wish. Well, I can dream, can't I? :(

That's what we all hope...

I said BMW SAFETY car.

FTFY:D:lol:

So, the lightbar and the grille leds are optional parts after all. Who ever said it first, congratulations, you were right.
Also the car seems to be a combination of the SEMA car and the MotoGP car.
The graphics from the afore mentioned and the light package from he latter.
A bit bummed its not manual version.
I just hope the lights are brighter ingame, they seem a bit dull on the pictures.
Also, is it just me or does the lightbar look like a bit standard(dish)?
Shame its not the red/white version from SEMA, but seeing that they were doing it before SEMA, its understandable.

Mindless speculation time:

PDI are adding a new safety car as part of a package of updates to make the races more realistic, with flags, rules, qualifying, grid starts and the safety car...

...I wish. Well, I can dream, can't I? :(

And overhauled AI/scripting so offline resembles something like racing instead of a Looney Tunes episode chasing the wascally wabbit.

Is the actual Safety Car manual or automatic? I'm thinking they use the 7 spd DCT so it would be a mistake if the in game car was a manual. Looking at the released pic of the car the interior shot shows the DCT is used. I wouldn't want the Safety Car to use the manual if it doesn't use the manual. We can always just input the racing cars gears into the adjustable transmission. I'm going to leave mine completely stock using only the M-Parts that come on the M4 SC as they are IRL.

@Siren the car IRL has a manual gearbox option with traditional shift lever and clutch. The 7SDP DCT is a dual clutch automatic with a manual shift mode using flappy paddles. Many of the DCT cars in the game don't use the clutch to shift simulating they are clutch less transmissions with a manual mode like the R35. We get a in game "manual mode" on any car that has more than one forward gear.

Last edited:
Just thought about something.

The article mentions that as the BMW was revealed, the car modelling group finished modelling the current lightbar, that is based on the lightbar from the MotoGP car.

Then why was PD taking pictures and notes from the lightbar at SEMA?

Could it be that in future we might get another lightbar that can be installed to other (standard? premium?) cars aswell, giving us the opportunity to make our own safety/pace/race control/medical/etc vehicles.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, it is based on the 2015 M4 Coupe. It comes standard with a manual. The DCT is optional.

I'll post this pic from @Zlork once again. This is from SEMA. the actual pace car. It is a manual. It reads "1-2-3-4-5-6" on the shifter.
original

Keep in mind, BMW NORTH AMERICA made this car to showcase the parts for North American BMW M cars. So, being that PD were taking pics of the lightbars only, as far as we know(I have to read what @Jordan typed about PD taking more pics), they may have just decided to leave it as is.

Once again, we don't know if they decided to cut corners by just adding the parts or gathered info for 6 forward ratios from BMW.

I was unsure if the Safety Car and all versions (GT6, MotoGP, DTM, M Performance, etc) were all using the DCT or not. I would prefer whatever is on the GT6 edition be it DCT or Manual. Do you know what edition that pic is from and if all versions use the same manual? The pics of the in game car use the shifter at least of the DCT, we stil have to wait to see if they didn't use the manual transmissions gears anyways.

May not be the case for BMW but every car I've ever bought new the automatic was always an option costing more, I think its so the majority of buyers have the shell out a few extra Duckets to buy as more drive automatic than manual.

Back