2001_BMW_M52_zps0ddd2ddb.jpg

2001_BMW_M53_zps94c12a1c.jpg

2001_BMW_M51_zpsc1ee63ef.jpg

BMW E39 M5

Production : (1998–2003)
Body Style : 4 Door/Saloon
Engine : 4.9 L V8 petrol BMW S62

Drivetrain : 6-speed manual

The E39 M5 is considered to be one of the greatest saloons ever made. I own one and I love it, and I would love to drive it the way I really want to in Gran Turismo. I hope you feel the same and LIKE this thread!!!

Link to some great reviews about the E39 M5
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2013/01/02/why-is-the-e39-the-perfect-m5/
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/260092/five_star_25_years_of_the_bmw_m5.html

M5_E39_Terabass-2.jpg

A great saloon car, and my favorite M car of all times
394 HP 4.9L V8, 6 speed manual

It would be nice of PD to include the only E39 M5 Touring prototype ever made

bmw-e39-m5-touring-4.jpg

Attachments

• 1200px-BMW_M5_E39_(Blue).jpg
    1200px-BMW_M5_E39_(Blue).jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
My last car was a E39 530d m-tec, styled the same as the M5, it was the best car I ever had
My current E60 530d is faster but lacks the quality of the E39

377828_297638666944925_540013608_n_zps4f3418f9.jpg

car_photo_429628_25_zpsa901bc4e.jpg

You should post the picture of the facelifted one;)
BMW E39 M5

Production : (1998–2003)
Body Style : 4 Door/Saloon
Engine : 4.9 L V8 petrol BMW S62

Drivetrain : 6-speed manual

The E39 M5 is considered to be one of the greatest saloons ever made. I own one and I love it, and I would love to drive it the way I really want to in Gran Turismo. I hope you feel the same and LIKE this thread!!!

Link to some great reviews about the E39 M5
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2013/01/02/why-is-the-e39-the-perfect-m5/
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/260092/five_star_25_years_of_the_bmw_m5.html

one of the most beautiful bmw ever made and the sound of the V8 is simply magical not like the one of the F10:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely has to be in the game.
Ideally, I would prefer an updated 2001-2003 model.

3539230997_69b5b6ebe6_o.jpg

3539236449_be0757bbce_o.jpg

4649210854_217b117bca_o.jpg

3997265953_62c136e630_o.jpg

Photos by Dan Kinzie

During it's five years in production, there were some cosmetic changes in 2001 to include:
  • Revised headlights incorporating illuminated "Corona Ring" design (incandescent plastic rings surrounding the headlights, often referred to as "Angel Eyes")
  • Jewel tone Celis tail light design
  • Park Distance Control sensors in the front bumper (previously in rear only)
  • Thicker three-spoke M steering wheel identical to the one fitted to the E46 M3
  • Grey instrument panel
  • Wireless carphone with new design (previously with cable connection only)
  • Improved solar sensor for standard automatic climate control
  • Revised navigation/audio unit with larger (6.5-inch) monitor (Standard on US Spec 2001–2003)
  • Rear head protection added
  • Second-generation M Mobility tyre repair system in place of earlier version
  • Available M Audio System with special tweeters, Kevlar/carbon
    coaxial speakers and two subwoofers behind the rear console
  • Alcantara headliner included with Extended Leather interior (previously only included with Complete Leather)

Last edited:
Oh, and for the bonus. Just in case if someone didn't see this short masterpiece before.

The BMW film series, The Hire was a series of eight short films (averaging about ten minutes each) produced for the Internet in 2001 and 2002. A form of branded content, all eight films featured popular filmmakers from across the globe, starred Clive Owen as the "Driver," and highlighted the performance aspects of various BMW automobiles.

BMW The Hire: Star

The Driver is chosen by a spoiled and shallow celebrity to drive her to a venue. Unbeknownst to her, her manager has actually hired the Driver to teach the celebrity a lesson. Pretending to escape her pursuing bodyguards, the Driver recklessly drives through the city, tossing the hapless celebrity all around the backseat. They arrive at the venue, where she is thrown out of the car and photographed by paparazzi in an embarrassing end on the red carpet.
  • with Madonna
  • Directed by Guy Ritchie
  • Written by Joe Sweet and Guy Ritchie
  • Featured the BMW M5

Oh, and for the bonus. Just in case if someone didn't see this short masterpiece before.

The BMW film series, The Hire was a series of eight short films (averaging about ten minutes each) produced for the Internet in 2001 and 2002. A form of branded content, all eight films featured popular filmmakers from across the globe, starred Clive Owen as the "Driver," and highlighted the performance aspects of various BMW automobiles.

BMW The Hire: Star

The Driver is chosen by a spoiled and shallow celebrity to drive her to a venue. Unbeknownst to her, her manager has actually hired the Driver to teach the celebrity a lesson. Pretending to escape her pursuing bodyguards, the Driver recklessly drives through the city, tossing the hapless celebrity all around the backseat. They arrive at the venue, where she is thrown out of the car and photographed by paparazzi in an embarrassing end on the red carpet.
  • with Madonna
  • Directed by Guy Ritchie
  • Written by Joe Sweet and Guy Ritchie
  • Featured the BMW M5

Woo-hoo 👍

Nice car! I'd love to see it in GT7!

PS: Is this thread for the sedan? Is because I see an picture of touring car. (Wagon vehicle, not the Race car!)

Ideally I would love the 02 model to be featured because thats the one I own :cheers:
@shawtyoner So maybe you'll think about changing the title to BMW M5 (E39) 2001 and reorganizing the pics in OP, to avoid any confusion? Considering the fact, that you initially wanted to suggest that exact model...
P.s. Also, cheers to a fellow E39 2002 owner. I used to drive one in mid-2000s.

Last edited:
@shawtyoner sorry, but according to the rules, there should be only one production year listed. I've suggested 2001, because it was the year when E39 got all those awesome exterior (and interior) cnanges.

Back