BMW McLaren F1

  • Thread starter Thread starter larrymags
  • 42 comments
  • 3,908 views
Oh the LM?

They are beautiful cars.
I just wished more people had bought the car in a different color besides orange. I have a picture of a LM, next a red F1 GT, along with an original grey McLaren F1.

All where in Japan. :odd:
 
Alright I did some testing last night with the McLaren. First I ran Sarthe from the last race of Gran Tursimo All Stars. Started 6th and was working my way up but I slid out so race over.

Then I just did a Family Cup at Sarthe (default difficulty). Won the race but the competition was just alright. A couple of GT-40 LM Spec I and II, Esparante, 350Z LM etc. Whooped them pretty good.

I think the Fina McLaren is a good car but it would be a lot ofr work against the likes of the R92's, 787B's, Courages, etc. I don't think it's a total loss but it is a challenge so I might re-do the Gran Turismo All Stars with that or the Ford GT-40 LM Spec II.

But yeah, more McLarens are needed in the game. That and the TVR Sagaris. I need a good car for the British GT.
 
Aveiro-F1
I haven't gotten it myself, but I imagine it's a beast at least on the test course. If not, then there's definitely something wrong.
Only the road version was THAT fast, the race cars were alot slower in a straight line due to the downforce and gearing.
 
The McLaren F1 GTR is not disappointing... It's performance is better than most cars. A good driver can lap it fast on some circuits than a more powerful LMP car.

You jsut need to be realistic as to what class the car is. It isn't a LMP car. It's a GT1 class car...meaning it competes directly with the Gillet Vertigo, Viper, Corvette (and whatever otheer GTS/GT1 cars are in Gt4).

It is one of the better race cars in the game....
 
The McLaren can compete..........with ford gt, vette, viper, Aston Martin, i.e., any PRODUCTION CAR IN THE GAME.

It does however lag behind against the JGTC and GTM cars (you will be totally smoked against the big boy LM racers).

I used the McLaren in the 200 mile "El Capitan" and my competition were a Viper, Vette, Mustang, Styker and Lotus Elise........................I won, but only lapped the Elise five times in just under a two hour race (the McLaren is not a very stable corner handler but it could have been due to the 'sport tires required').
I am going to use the McLaren against production cars ONLY (to race it against the LM touring, JGTC, GTM and Racers is futile)!!
 
Forgot to mention that the BADDEST BOY in the bunch is the Minolta Toyota 88C-V!! Comes straight outta the box with over 900 horses and you can buy the stage 4 turbo to up the ponies to 1100+!!!
You can win the Formula 1 series with it!!
 
The F1 lm was made to celebrate their success at Le Mans in 1995.They were painted orange to remember the Can am cars.
 
Exetreme hall, Gran turismo all stars
 
I think its funny that ppl say JGTC cars will blow the McLaren away. I can destroy them in the McLaren...
 
The McLaren F1 GTR can take the JGTC cars.
Hell, there used to be 1 or 2 F1 GTRs that raced in the JGTC.
 
Back