BMW Series 1:UK edition

  • Thread starter Thread starter yeti
  • 35 comments
  • 2,491 views
Messages
3,165
Messages
yeti_c
BMW
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry to BMW Customer Information regarding the 1
Series Gran Turismo Driving game.

I can confirm that this product expected to be offered out by our
approved
dealerships at the launch of the new BMW 1 Series. This has not been
developed solely by BMW, but will be used as a marketing tool by our
approved dealerships.

This is a demonstration that enables players to drive the 1 Series
round the
tracks/streets of London and New York. BMW Great Britain due not hold
a
stock of this game, but I can confirm that this will be distributed to
our
approved dealerships nearer the launch of the vehicle on September 18,
2004.

If you have registered your interest with your local BMW dealership,
then I
am sure they will be able to provide you with a copy when they receive
stock.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact
us
on this matter. Should you have any further queries, please do not
hesitate
to contact a member of our Customer Information team on 0800 325 600.

Yours sincerely

James Everitt
Customer Information

Looks like no Nurburgring for us Brits.... However..... a London track.... in GT4? I think this is new info...

C.
 
Yes, indeed. Thanks for sharing! I don't consider it that likely that there will be different tracks in different countries - that seems like a lot of work, at best there could be differences per continent. We'll see soon ...
 
September the 18th is the launch date on the TV adds too, so it makes sense it would be available at the same time....but LONDON...hey, now that sounds good! 👍
 
I heard a Rumour about a London track, last year, from a good source.
So could well be true.
Shame we wont be treated to the Ring though.
 
I suspect that there will be UK version (London/NY) & Europe version (NY/Nur/Capri)

I wonder what/if the Americans might get? Vegas?

C.
 
Cool, too bad us North Americans won't get anything. Well we still have our bad toyota demo...
 
I also recived the same e-mail today, so it looks like i will be cntacting my local BMW dealership and asking them if they could send me some stuff for the BMW 1 Series. :) the london track sounds cool.
 
would be cool if the belgian version had Spa francorchamps :d
 
I have seen in some cinemas - BMW 1 Series Advertisements.
 
What do you have to do to get the demo? Is it a test drive?

Sorry if it's been asked before.
 
I dont know donbenni, but if i have to take one of those brand spanking new BM's out for a thrashing to get my hands on the uk demo then im all for it, but im sure they will give me one if they think im going to buy a car :sly:
 
I was planning to just send an email and was hoping that they would post it to me... but it looks like I'll have to pop into my local dealer... and persuade them to give me a copy... No doubt this can't be too hard with my natural charm and persuasion skills!!!

C.
 
This sounds really really promising......I can't wait to register interest and get my hands on that demo! I would rather have a london track to play around with than the ring because we have seen so much of it already. If the London track is the proposed F1 track it would be so amazing!.....It would be like Paris, catching all the sights!!! Wish they had one for Birmingham!! :lol:

By the release date of the demo we will have probably found out more about other tracks.....we may even hear about, or see the london track before september.

Robin
 
You from Brum?

I suspect that you'll be going to the same BMW dealer as me then? The one just off Paradise circus?!

C.
 
BMW
.... this product is expected to be offered out by our approved dealerships at the launch of the new BMW 1 Series.

Great! I've booked my place at the 1 Series launch at Chelsea BMW, London on 18/9/04... your local BMW dealer website should allow you to book your place from now as well.... :D :D

BMW
This is a demonstration that enables players to drive the 1 Series round the tracks/streets of London and New York.

Oh no! Maybe the UK isn't getting GT4 after all... heaven forbid we get 'The Getaway - BMW edition' instead :(

TM
 
dont knock it just yet... i doubt we'll have to jump a half open tower bridge eh?
 
I have the Evo Mag issue where PD is shown taking pics of cars. I could swear that they were in a London track. Isn't Donington one of the tracks PD visited?
 
Donington is close to Nottingham.

I know we have a small country, but not even the most optimistic PR man could call it a London track. ;) :lol:
 
I don't understand why we'd have a London track when we have so many great real circuits. Not some mickey mouse street course.
 
are you gonna trust the "Customer Information" guy on gt4 info? lol
 
What about Le Mans and Suzuka? I've read OPS2M UK said something about them in their new preview of the game, anyone have the magazine to confirm?
 
Race Idiot
I don't understand why we'd have a London track when we have so many great real circuits. Not some mickey mouse street course.

Are you kidding!....one of the best bits of GT and many other racing games have the fantasy tracks! I think that tracks like Hong Kong, Capri, Citta Di Aria, Paris, Las Vegas and NY are the most entertaining.....remeber its a game...not a total hardcore racing program......I do like the real race tracks...but those are for racing.....I would like to have other more scenic and interesting tracks other than the odd gravel trap, tire wall and green grass!

Some of the best GT tracks are fantasy like the SS tracks and Trial Mountain!

Robin
 
tiptopcream
What about Le Mans and Suzuka? I've read OPS2M UK said something about them in their new preview of the game, anyone have the magazine to confirm?

I read the preview.
And they said their version was supposed to feature Le Mans, (probably PR rep or press release of some sort), But the verson they had featured Paris Tarmac.
Le Mans keeps cropping up, but still no actual sighting, or PD talk.

Dont remember seeing anything on Suzuka in the Preview.
 
GTXLR
I read the preview.
And they said their version was supposed to feature Le Mans, (probably PR rep or press release of some sort), But the verson they had featured Paris Tarmac.
Le Mans keeps cropping up, but still no actual sighting, or PD talk.

Dont remember seeing anything on Suzuka in the Preview.

GTXLR, I will search tomorrow for a UK magazine of OPM.. I really want that september issue (prolly won't find anything).. But if you have time, could you please post some more of that preview? :D Thanks.
 
Pak
GTXLR, I will search tomorrow for a UK magazine of OPM.. I really want that september issue (prolly won't find anything).. But if you have time, could you please post some more of that preview? :D Thanks.

Theres not really much more in the Preview than I posted in the original description thread.
Certainley nothing more than you havent seen or heard here a 1000 times.
 
GTXLR
Theres not really much more in the Preview than I posted in the original description thread.
Certainley nothing more than you havent seen or heard here a 1000 times.
Ah ok, thnx. :)
 
Any ideas how you would go about getting a demo. Especially if you were a 14yr old?
I can't exactly go to the dealership and express my interests in buying a BMW 1 series can I?
 
ExigeExcel
Any ideas how you would go about getting a demo. Especially if you were a 14yr old?
I can't exactly go to the dealership and express my interests in buying a BMW 1 series can I?
Your daddy can :dopey:
 
Back