ⓣⓗⓔ ⓒⓞⓜⓕⓞⓡⓣ ⓒⓛⓤⓑ

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 1,712 comments

Turnaround race?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure I WILL be able to make that!!
That's brilliant, gurizzi.

Unfortunately, Torben Muskegon-Nicholls IV Racing Team is no more.
The Team Boss has left for the Cayman Islands taking the entire team budget with him! Everyone is out of a job and so Jeff Gordon has also had to leave the team to go back to Hendrick Motorsports in the Sprint Cup Series.
My new team is a start-up venture called 'Cracked Asphalt Racing'.
It is 51% owned by Dr. Mario Theissen, 47% by the Bayerische Motoren Werke AG and 2% by myself (I have invested all of my life-savings).

That's brilliant, gurizzi.

Unfortunately, Torben Muskegon-Nicholls IV Racing Team is no more.
The Team Boss has left for the Cayman Islands taking the entire team budget with him! Everyone is out of a job and so Jeff Gordon has also had to leave the team to go back to Hendrick Motorsports in the Sprint Cup Series.
My new team is a start-up venture called 'Cracked Asphalt Racing'.
It is 51% owned by Dr. Mario Theissen, 47% by the Bayerische Motoren Werke AG and 2% by myself (I have invested all of my life-savings).

lol.

Go C.A.R. !

images

kola3_zpsbc7874d4.jpg

kola1_zps10b6914e.jpg

images

kola4_zpsbeddb98b.jpg

kola2_zpsf2d2beb9.jpg

kola5_zps0c8b795b.jpg

*The standings are also at the top of the original post on page 1.

I'm sorry, Smiley. I haven't got a schedule planned (#noob) :embarrassed:.
I was concerned about interfering with other members series and times so the
only thing on my mind was to find the best open spots available when Fergus,
yourself, gurizzi, Manny, bergele, GOOFY and others weren't busy in other rooms.
And I'd quite like to race the Z8 more often than once per week, in fact I was thinking
Monday already using the same time as Fergus uses. Again I'm sorry, I missed seeing you
in the Z8.

Omg!! I need to put that as my profile picture of every single account I have!! Lol thanks Jocke and guess what I am done with the video. I just need to convert it to You Tube format and you will be watching it in less then 2hrs :cheers:

How did Qken get away with it? I am sure he bribed security.... lol
He paid a hefty penalty for using that car, though. Half of his points earned was stricken from his record
post-race. I'm not so cruel that I would disqualify him completely after he fought just as well as we all did yesterday,
but he had to receive some sort of fine nonetheless. Make sure you enter with a Z8 next time, qken :cheers:

I'd like to thank you all for participating. Last night was great racing and considering the settings are pretty
difficult with heavy damage I think the respect between us was top notch.
There was a strange looking Z8 out on the track, though (cough cough qken) :)
Yesterday was indeed very fun for me, after being nowhere near competitive in races 1-3, I found
some solutions to make my Z8 suit me better and therefore ultimately be quicker.
I just love how it handles.
First podium for me at Sarthe felt great.

And congratulations to Manny for winning!

At Sarthe & Suzuka I felt pretty comfortable and had great and honest fights with bergele and Manny.
A tiny, tiny tap with Manny at Suzuka caused my left front to act up and I had to cruise to the finish during the final two laps.
Oh well 👍.

I don't want to miss Fergus Mini racing on Wednesday, so I was pondering on hosting Z8 races on Monday and Thursday at the same time as Fergus uses for his series; 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT

*If any of you have any suggestions or opinions about the championship please let me know.*

I'm thinking of introducing a proper qualifying session. Thus far I have only utilised Practice/Race mode because I have felt that Practice mode does just as good a job at determining grid spots as the Qualifying mode does. But I've since reconsidered, now I feel it would make things truer to real life.

But if introduced it will only be 1-lap qualifying sessions.
Partly in order to not waste too much time, but also because I love those sessions.

When Formula 1 used the single-lap qualifyings between 2003-2005 they struck gold, in my opinion.
Having only one chance at setting a lap and being under pressure to not make a mistake is intriguing to me.
Agree/disagree with me?

I don't think Mandatory pit stops will be used unless we do a little bit longer races at some point down the road. :)

He paid a hefty penalty for using that car, though. Half of his points earned was stricken from his record
post-race. I'm not so cruel that I would disqualify him completely after he fought just as well as we all did yesterday,
but he had to receive some sort of fine nonetheless. Make sure you enter with a Z8 next time, qken :cheers:

I'd like to thank you all for participating. Last night was great racing and considering the settings are pretty
difficult with heavy damage I think the respect between us was top notch.
There was a strange looking Z8 out on the track, though (cough cough qken) :)
Yesterday was indeed very fun for me, after being nowhere near competitive in races 1-3, I found
some solutions to make my Z8 suit me better and therefore ultimately be quicker.
I just love how it handles.
First podium for me at Sarthe felt great.

And congratulations to Manny for winning!

At Sarthe & Suzuka I felt pretty comfortable and had great and honest fights with bergele and Manny.
A tiny, tiny tap with Manny at Suzuka caused my left front to act up and I had to cruise to the finish during the final two laps.
Oh well 👍.

I don't want to miss Fergus Mini racing on Wednesday, so I was pondering on hosting Z8 races on Monday and Thursday at the same time as Fergus uses for his series; 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT

*If any of you have any suggestions or opinions about the championship please let me know.*

I'm thinking of introducing a proper qualifying session. Thus far I have only utilised Practice/Race mode because I have felt that Practice mode does just as good a job at determining grid spots as the Qualifying mode does. But I've since reconsidered, now I feel it would make things truer to real life.

But if introduced it will only be 1-lap qualifying sessions.
Partly in order to not waste too much time, but also because I love those sessions.

When Formula 1 used the single-lap qualifyings between 2003-2005 they struck gold, in my opinion.
Having only one chance at setting a lap and being under pressure to not make a mistake is intriguing to me.
Agree/disagree with me?

I don't think Mandatory pit stops will be used unless we do a little bit longer races at some point down the road. :)

I will enter with a Z8 next time.:)
And i hope that i have time to race at monday with my new Z8

I could watch Manny's video all night. So many little things in it that makes me smile,
and it perfectly showcases why I wanted to start this crazy championship in the first place;
for me the option to be able to actually see the driver and what he is doing in the 'cockpit' is the main attraction, I guess it's a feeling of freedom. That and to witness my fellow racers choices in helmets and suits. So many combinations..

It's exciting watching the drivers shifting gears and steering frantically around their opponents. The fact that this happened to revolve around the Z8 is just a personal bonus for me since my very first car in real life was an old BMW 320iK 1988, so the brand lives on for me in a way.
I drive a Nissan these days, though. :embarrassed:

Forever grateful, Manny.

I'd like to explain about the Championship poster and theme song;

rounded4_zps85dff160.jpg~original

The 'One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back'-slogan came to me while driving around the Nordschleife (Green Hell) one time. And I decided the Karussell would be the perfect place to shoot at.
It's actually eight different images merged into one and I surprised myself in that I could do it.
The eight Z8's that are parked up on the banking are my 'ladies' so to speak :dopey:.

I gave all of them female names, just to quickly name them;
Rahel (Raspberry Red Pearl)
Barbara (Banana Metallic)
Britney (British Green)
Veronica (Very Orange)
Tifa (Titansilver Metallic)
Lena (Light Blue Mica Metallic) my moms name
Gertrude (Gold Chrome)
Tammy (Tahitian Walnut Metallic)

Yep, go ahead and call me a dork :dopey:.

The only song I've had in my head while racing in these past few Z8 races is the one Manny edited
in to perfection. The Darkness 'One Way Ticket To Hell...And Back'.
It goes so well with the pace and flow of the images and you get a real sense of exhilaration watching it, that's how it is for me anyways.

Manny 👍👍

Feeling nostalgic already about the inaugural race of the championship at Monaco;

nostalgic_zpsa9a25f2f.jpg

I have changed the thread title from 'The BMW Z8 Championship' to 'The BMW Z8 Championship Club',
because there shouldn't be an emphasis on the really hard core competition part of motorsport in here.
I want to keep using the points system I have in place, and while that is all handled with extra care to attention it's still all made for fun, first hand.
It doesn't matter if you should miss a race or two or three, just chase after those points whenever you're willing and able. I'm just happy if anyone joins.

And with that I can announce the next step in the championship.
This Tuesday, September 23rd at 5:00pm EDT / 9:00pm GMT there will be a relatively short (and sweet)
'American Tour'.

images

images

indy3_zps889a2efb.jpg

images

indy2_zpscaba03b7.jpg

There will be a proper qualifying session this time after practice, however it will be very short.
I'm not sure what the online settings allow for as I write this but it will be the equivalent
to a 1-lap qualifying session. No mistakes will be a key factor. As it should.

The two events shouldn't take up more than ~60-80 minutes.
*If this should clash with another lobby held at the same time please do let me know so that I can
alter my own times.*

And don't forget FergusMik's Mini races on Wednesday!
Classic MINI Racing Club - Wednesday September 24th @ 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT - All Welcome

Last edited:
I will enter with a Z8 next time.:)
And i hope that i have time to race at monday with my new Z8
Next time will be Tuesday, Markus. Nice to see you here.
Hope you can make it, it is 11pm Swedish time.

332i
Anyway I can jump in on the next race as an exhibitionist? Big BMW but here!
Great. Liking the avatar, Hakkinen was my hero when he raced in F1.

I gave all of them female names, just to quickly name them;
Rahel (Raspberry Red Pearl)
Barbara (Banana Metallic)
Britney (British Green)
Veronica (Very Orange)
Tifa (Titansilver Metallic)
Lena (Light Blue Mica Metallic) my moms name
Gertrude (Gold Chrome)
Tammy (Tahitian Walnut Metallic)

Tifa looks very bashed and bruised! What have you been doing to her?

Lena, I'm pleased to say, looks pristine. 👍

I'm hoping to join you guys this week. Number 8 for me please.
And the colour - well I may be sometime deciding what's going to look good alongside Jocke's ladies. :)

I really hope I can join on Tuesday.
I hope so, too. 👍
IfAndOr
Tifa looks very bashed and bruised! What have you been doing to her?
Oh yeah, that. I think we went off somewhere around Metzgesfeld and Kallenhard.
But she still works fine, no worries.
IfAndOr
I'm hoping to join you guys this week.
You're very much welcome. Looking forward to it.
IfAndOr
And the colour - well I may be sometime deciding what's going to look good alongside Jocke's ladies.
I already have three new ones; Monique (Monaco Blue), Pamela (Passionate Pink) and Maggie (Matte Black). lol
Cu3e
Oh, we are having numbers. Is #33 still available?
Numbers and Team Names are optional/free choice.

Back