Board Challenge Informations.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 109 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
GT3 Board Challenge V2 (Post #1)

BOARD TEAMS
The Boards have to set a team with 10 drivers who represent them in this competition.

CAPTAINS
Every Boad has to anounce with a captain with their sign up. His job is to create a team of his homeboard and contact the Race Admins when you have problems. He is also the contactperson for the Race Admins.

DRIVING RULES
Drivers must have the intention to drive clean. Any intentional wall-banging or going off the track for gaining an advantage will be followed with a DQ. So try always to stay at least with 2 wheels on the track and keep your car off the track.

_1-5 lap races
Here we expect a 100% clean run from every driver. No walltouches or off the tracks will be accpeted by the Raceadmins

_10 lap - endurence races
As all races in this category include tyre wear a 100% clean is prefered but not requiered. But your intention has still to be to drive clean. When you gain any advantage with getting off the track, for example shortcutting, your run is failed

REPLAY VERIFICATION
This competition will be the 1st 100% verified series of GT3 A-Spec. So Sharkport, X-Port or EMS need to be requiered in order to take part in this series. As we know not everyone has one of these tools we include the oportunity, that drivers also can sed their Memory Card to a "Portowner". He will upload and submit the replay to the Race Admins then. He has to send it immeadiatelly after his races deadline and also bears for the costs!

CHEATING
Cheating of any kind (using Hybrids for example) will be handled with an immeadiatelly DQ. The driver also is out of this and any further Board Competitons. They not only destroy their own reputation, if they have one, but also the reputation of their homeboard.

WHERE DO WE RACE?
Each board has to anounce 2 (1st choice and 2nd choice) race details consisting of car, racemode, track and restrictions). 1-shot races are not allowed to submitt. Unfortunatelly we can not verify these races for 100% that somebody has driven his run only once. License and Time Trial Tests are forbidden too.

SYSTEM OF RACES
The competition consist of 10 races. Each driver will participate twice. That means every Board will announce 2 drivers for every race. The Captain/Moderator of each Board has to send the list, in which races their drivers will participate, to the Race Admins. Please use this format then (example included):

Race1: DriverA, DriverB
Race2: DriverC, DriverD
Race3: DriverA, DriverE
Race4: DriverF, DriverG

and so on.

You see there will be 2 drivers per team in each race. That makes 2 rounds for every driver.
The sent list will be handled absolutely secret by the race admins in order not to give any other board to gain an advantage with seeing the list.

SHEDULE
Deadlines...
...for sign ups (with anouncing a captain!!!): 31.12.'02
...for submitting the driver list: 09.01.'03
...for submitting the race details: 09.01.'03

Competition starts on Sunday 12th January 2003.
Race deadlines:
#1 19.01.'03
#2 21.01.'03
#3 23.01.'03
#4 25.01.'03
#5 27.01.'03
#6 29.01.'03
#7 31.01.'03
#8 02.02.'03
#9 04.02.'03
#10 06.02.'03

TIME SUBMISSIONS
This competition is database supported. Please use it for submitting your times. As the database is still in work the link will be anounce when it is online. Submissions after deadline will not be accepted!

COMPETITION INFORMATION
As this competition is an amount of work all changes and discussions will happen in the Board Challenge Forum over at GTN. This is not for advertising, or seeking new members but for better organizing.

OK enough said. I hope we will enjoy this competition as we did the 1st one. Again thanks to Pedro and Wity for bringing season1 to us.

regards,
Race Admins

We shall post any further information about the series in this thread. Along with any questions and answers.

Once we get up and running with all of this, we should make a thread in Challenges and Races that all GTP members can view, to keep our peeps up to date.

I actually just had a conversation with Neon_duke about this, as he saw me in here via the "who's online".

Is there a way that Jordan can make this viewable by everyone, but only we can post in here?

My thoughts.

AO

Originally posted by Der Alta
I actually just had a conversation with Neon_duke about this, as he saw me in here via the "who's online".

Is there a way that Jordan can make this viewable by everyone, but only we can post in here?

My thoughts.

AO

Well, I don't think we should make this viewable to everyone, as we need a place where we can discuss in private away from the prying eyes of members that are racing for the other boards. As I suggested above though, we should certainly keep the other GTP members up to date with a thread that everyone can view, but of course this thread wouldn't contain any sensitive information.

Yeah , if we would make it viewable, then we could just as well give thise private forum up.
The whole idea behind this is that we have a safe place where we can discuss our plans for the board comp.

I agree, you can almost gaurantee that the other boards will have their own private discussion area too, and so should we . :D

I posted our 8 so far .

http://gtn.granturismo.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=707

Boom! I did notice that Ed99 asked for a spot at gtn but he has had no reply, and no mention of him in their team, he would be a good bet! only 11 but damn fast and has xport and he posts on just about every board there is :lol: a fast little bugger!! but I don't think he in a team yet , maybe we could try snap him up ?

DRIVING RULES
Drivers must have the intention to drive clean. Any intentional wall-banging or going off the track for gaining an advantage will be followed with a DQ. So try always to stay at least with 2 wheels on the track and keep your car off the track.

Off?

i noticed that too...damn krauts.

us logical people know what its supposed to mean though.

you should edit that billy.

Originally posted by lotus350
I posted our 8 so far .

http://gtn.granturismo.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=707

Boom! I did notice that Ed99 asked for a spot at gtn but he has had no reply, and no mention of him in their team, he would be a good bet! only 11 but damn fast and has xport and he posts on just about every board there is :lol: a fast little bugger!! but I don't think he in a team yet , maybe we could try snap him up ?

Good call Lotus. Drop him a line. Use your womanly talents on that youngin to sway him this way!

Ok I'll pm him here and gtn, also I'll e-mail him! I'll try not to sound like his mother too much :P

I kind of figure engwishh is not his first language. (being german and all)

He will upload and submit the replay to the Race Admins then. He has to send it immeadiatelly after his races deadline

Submissions after deadline will not be accepted!

Partail edit.

GT3 Board Challenge V2 (Post #1)

BOARD TEAMS
Each participating board must provide a ten member team

CAPTAINS
Each board must state who among its team is the captain; the captain's job is to create the team for the board he represents and contact the Race Administrators for assistance regarding the challege and vice versa.

DRIVING RULES
Intentional wall-banging or going off track inorder to gain an advantage will result in disqualification. Contact Race Admins

_1-5 lap races
Here we expect a 100% clean run from every driver. No wall touches or off the tracks will be accepted by the Raceadmins

_10 lap - endurence races
As all races in this category include tyre wear a 100% clean run is prefered but not required. The drivers' must have the intention of driving within the confines of series' rules. Driving incidences that result in an advantage for the driver involved will result in the failure of his run. Contact Race Admins

REPLAY VERIFICATION
This series requires that all participating boards can provide full verification for each of their drivers' runs. Acceptable forms of verification are: SharkPorts, X-Ports, EMS, or a memory card which can be sent to persons with these forms of verification available to them; he is to upload and submit the replay to the Race Admins; he has to send it immediately after his races deadline (?) and also bears for the costs! (?)

CHEATING
Cheating of any kind (using Hybrids, for example) will result in disqulification. Drivers will be barred from later Board Challenges as well. They not only destroy their own reputation, if they have one, but also the reputation of their homeboard. (Talentless note: Partially true, but primarily so only if a board contains infants who cannot discern the singular from the whole)

WHERE DO WE RACE?
Each board has to anounce 2 (1st choice and 2nd choice) race details consisting of car, racemode, track and restrictions). 1-shot races are not submitable. Unfortunatelly we cannot verify these races for 100% that somebody has driven his run only once. License and Time Trial Tests are forbidden, too.

SYSTEM OF RACES
The competition consist of 10 races. Each driver will participate twice. That means every Board will announce 2 drivers for every race. The Captain/Moderator of each Board has to send the list, in which races their drivers will participate, to the Race Admins. Please use this format then (example included):

Race1: DriverA, DriverB
Race2: DriverC, DriverD
Race3: DriverA, DriverE
Race4: DriverF, DriverG

and so on.

You see there will be 2 drivers per team in each race. That makes 2 rounds for every driver.
The sent list will be handled absolutely secret by the race admins in order not to give any other board to gain an advantage with seeing the list.

SHEDULE
Deadlines...
...for sign ups (with anouncing a captain!!!): 31.12.'02
...for submitting the driver list: 09.01.'03
...for submitting the race details: 09.01.'03

Competition starts on Sunday 12th January 2003.
Race deadlines:
#1 19.01.'03
#2 21.01.'03
#3 23.01.'03
#4 25.01.'03
#5 27.01.'03
#6 29.01.'03
#7 31.01.'03
#8 02.02.'03
#9 04.02.'03
#10 06.02.'03

TIME SUBMISSIONS
This competition is database supported. Please use it for submitting your times. As the database is still in work the link will be anounce when it is online. Submissions after deadline will not be accepted! (?)

COMPETITION INFORMATION
Discuss at GTN board. Not intended as spam.

OK enough said. I hope we will enjoy this competition as we did the 1st one. Again thanks to Pedro and Wity for bringing season1 to us.

regards,
Race Admins

I've been trying to get an answer out of JMR over at GTN about these races being kept secret from every board except his it seems :confused:

I am not happy with this as it's not in the interest of fair play and we won't have a chance to choose our drivers depending on the race , I just see this as plain stupid, where's the competition in that ? and what about GTN drivers knowing the races how can they not? Whats your opinions on this... team?
I am just trying to make sure all is fair from the start but I think they lost the power to understand English all of a sudden :rolleyes:

I know i haven't been following the events around the boards comp lately, but you don't have to be a genius to see that this isn't fair.
This gives GTN a big advantage.

Yeah, it does seem to tip the scales in favor of GTN. I'm not a fan of the way this is being done either.

You think JMR will reveal the races to GTN early, huh? Maybe. Well, I anticipated this. This is why you need balanced racers.

Well, I suggest you guys start up on rally soon. I know lotus is pretty good.

Correction: I anticipated that we might not get to choose who races where. I think I did?

Yeah I'm leaning towards a rally now too I know most hate rally but with 2 to enter would he choose the rally one ? I don't think so ... maybe 2 rally races.... real hard ones too!!

Back