Bob drives better than me...

TEAM_XXI
I've seen a lot of complaints about Bobs driving. I'll be the first to admit I've seen my drivers do some pretty slick stuff. Example: Zonda R @ Cape Ring. I tell Bob to pass, he floors it going into the circle commencing a full on drift. He held the drift halfway through the circle while passing 2 cars on the outside.
:drool:
Call me inferior, but I can't do that. My drivers are better than me. Anyone feel the same?

I don't know if my bspecs are better drivers than me... as far as overall. If only because sometimes they tend to miss opportunities that I would not miss.

But sure, in some circumstances, they're better than me because they know the track better or are better at handling some cars that I don't like at all. So they'll appear smoother, where I might be more herky jerky.

They seem to excel best in the top end race cars. And since I'm not great with the race cars, in race cars they seem sometimes better than me. But in road cars, it seems they're not usually better than me.

My guys miss opportunities all the time but what surprised me with my bob was in Formula GT championship:

he got spun out and went to last place with 5 laps left, i thought great he's lost, so i went downstairs to get a drink and when i came back up he was 1st.
He had went from 12th to 1st in 2 laps with a 32.9 second gap between him and the 1st person.

My guys miss opportunities all the time but what surprised me with my bob was in Formula GT championship:

he got spun out and went to last place with 5 laps left, i thought great he's lost, so i went downstairs to get a drink and when i came back up he was 1st.
He had went from 12th to 1st in 2 laps with a 32.9 second gap between him and the 1st person.

Was this on Fuji? On that track in the FGT series the AI always seems to pit on lap 35 or 36. Your Bob probably passed them when they were on pit road when you weren't looking. If this was on a different track then props to your Bob!

My Bob is either worse or better then me, depending on the situation. I tend to have a "Suicidal" driving style, which lets me pass well and do insanely stupid things with multi-million dollar cars. Bob is a lot better at "real" driving, and he does complex tracks better. It has to do with the fact you know you're in a video game., and he doesn't. He does real racing techniques, whereas you probably don't (no offense if you do)

Was this on Fuji? On that track in the FGT series the AI always seems to pit on lap 35 or 36. Your Bob probably passed them when they were on pit road when you weren't looking. If this was on a different track then props to your Bob!

Urm, it was the last race, wet and the AI where pitting AFTER my guy got back into 1st :D i wish i saved the replay to show everyone and myself lol

do a bob test with the x2010 and see if he better. i wondered about that. on a road course though

Bob is certainly better with the X1 2010 than I am unless the track is Daytona./QUOTE]

I can consistently get better lap times than any of my Bob's even the level 35 or higher ones. They tend to get lazy once they have gotten any lead at all.

In some time trials, I'm SURE my bspec would be better than me. Depending on the track & car.

Bspec's weakness is in missing opportunities to pass or opportunities to close gaps.

Hahaha!
My bf had his bspec do this race yesterday. He did JUST an oil change on the car he bought.
He put his bspec on RS tires, but all the competition AIs were on RH tires.

My bf had his bspec pit about halfway through... changed tires and took on a tad of fuel (just as much went in during tire change). And wound up back in 12th place.

Laps later - my bf was saying "Look at the AIs!" checking their tires - were all black! And he was wondering if they were just going to not pit at all.

By this time bspec was back to about 6th place.

Lo & behold, 2 laps before the finish, they all started heading into the pits.
So as they went into the pits, my bf's bspec wound back up in 1st, and the AI competition never caught up.

My bf gets all riled up every time bspec races are like this. LOL

My bf would NEVER say his bspecs drive better than him. And I guess I agree, my bf is quite good, and he chose odd personalities for his bspecs. I think his bspecs are not as good as mine, frankly. I think his bspecs have unstable personalities. LOL

My bspecs are often much much smoother & consistent than me in higher end cars (race cars, performance, touring, etc.) Though I could probably beat my bspecs if I raced against them, only because I'd know their weaknesses! LOL

(I wish there was a way to set up a race where you can race against your bpsecs instead of just random AI competition. lol)

Bob drives one hell of a Formula GT. I struggle in this series but Bob wipes out the competition. One thing BOB sucks at is slamming the AI into a wall and holding his line. He also does a lot of unnecessary braking.

I'm not sure. My original Bob drives like an idiot. I tell him pass, a corner comes up, he holds the brake all the way around the corner. But one of my lower level Bobs, drives like a demi-god. I tell him pass, from 7th place, he ends up in first. Only problem, is he doesn't pass on his own, for one reason or another. So, at the beginning of a race, I have to spam the Overtake command. And my third Bob, a VERY low level, like, 2, drifts EVERY car I have. When he drifts, the car's nose is pointed at the apex, the whole way through. Every corner. Every time. Except in the X2010...

Back