Body Rigidity Questions

• Thread starter ALB123
  • 26 comments
United States
Massachusetts
When you go in for Pit Work, from the main menu, there is a setting that tells you how your cars body rigidity is holding up. I am curious as to how that decreases. I know that GT6 doesn't have a true "damage system" buit into the game. When you smash a car up against the walls of a track from pushing it too hard, does that truly have an effect on your cars' body rigidity over time? Is there a counter or something that keeps track of each collision on each of your cars? Or is it just tied to total mies driven?

I have been using my Aventador to grind out a few easy bucks on the Like The Wind segment on SSX and I've accumulate almost 1,000 miles on that car. By chance, I went into the pit area today and even though I had paid money to "improve body rigidity" when I first bought the car, my meter was already in the yellow and it said I was suffering from body rigidity issues already. So, I dropped the cash to improve that, obviously.

If anyone truly knows how this is determined by the game I would appreciate some information. Also, does Arcade Mode affect your car in this manner? or is it just Career Mode and Online Mode?
Thanks!

Can't. Remember where I saw it, possibly the FITT Physics thread in the tuning forum but I'm sure @CSLACR has done some testing with the pit service options.

From experience though, I have quite a few cars which have done way more than 1000 miles and still don't show a yellow status shown for body rigidity in there. However having said that in a couple that I regularly use I have noticed slight changes to the handling of the cars which has made me go check, but they're both still green.

My Audi R8 LMS Phoenix has over 12.000 km.
I had to restore body rigidity several times.
Each time the car behaved worse and worse. Afterwards it was OK again.
Cost some bucks though...

i had a gtr that I raced over and over again in dirty ssx in 2 lap races i had to do body rigidity nearly everyday and after a massive smash it needed repairing

No it will have no effect only if you saved it after crashing to many times and it all depends how many times you use the car.

Does that include running Time Trials in Arcade Mode? Or is it just Career Mode and Online Mode usage??

Does that include running Time Trials in Arcade Mode? Or is it just Career Mode and Online Mode usage??
It is only just Career Mode and Online usage and free run because arcade mode time trials it does not register on how many miles you do. The body rigidity only take affects when you do miles in a car.

It is only just Career Mode and Online usage and free run because arcade mode time trials it does not register on how many miles you do. The body rigidity only take affects when you do miles in a car.

Good to know! Thank you...

I think it does because that's where I go test NASCARs, and after a while I lose HP and need an oil change.

Arcade Mode Time Trials will, by default, not register any mileage changes....however, if, before quitting the session, you go to car set up and change something (such as brake bias) or change settings at any point in the session before quitting, then it will register the mileage done...I have over 1200 miles on my Lotus Elise Race Car and I have only ever run it in Arcade Time Trial mode

I knew crashes and hits were factored in, not just mileage. I've never had a car last more than 1200 miles or so, before it needed rigidity restored. I've been wondering how the hell I haven't had to do it yet with the Lotus 97T. Then I realized that I've not really hit much with the car. It's got 15xx miles on it right now, too. Every track I spin off at, the sand traps or tarmac slow the car down before I wail a barrier. Half the mileage is from Monaco, too. Definitely. I've always been good with monaco, so I usually just tap a barrier at most in GT6. I used to tune all of my cars on the ring and that was definitely a factor into them degrading so quickly. Going off at 180mph+ in a C63 or M5, with basically no runoffs...just steel barriers = massive ping-pong style crash, usually.

Last edited:
i do 30 minute short endurance lobbies with tyre and fuel wear on fastest setting and i have come to notice i need to do oil change every 3-4hours ,body restore once a day, and engine rebuild every 2 days give or take
i dont crash often to be honest yet i still have to do a body restore once a day so i personally think it goes by mileage and crashes as i have a regular racer who joins and crashes ALOT lol and ive known him to do 2 restores in one day a few times

as for oil change im not sure how it works but like i said 3hours yup you guessed it... needs a oil change
Endurance lobbies are pricey fun ... running cost of my car for a full day playing is just over 800.000cr (ouch i know)

@Damo The Don
You don't need to apply body rigidity/engine rebuild as soon as their respective message appears! As for oil, your HP/torque will start dropping after 200 km/125 miles.

The rigidity ‘begins to deteriorate’ at 500 km and ‘rigidity restoration is recommended’ at 19,500 km.
- Rigidity has no influence on HP

et_
Body rigidity starts to deteriorate after 500km.
and I'm pretty sure crashes dont have an effect, as it is always 500km, regardless if I've crashed or not.
Same findings here...

@hall90 at about 2500 - 3000 km you have to restore body rigidity, or the laptimes suffer.

Indeed no influence on HP.

Last edited:
Well it should have and effect on body rigidity as well or there is something wrong with this game.
Yes.

However, I don't really care if crashes dont affect it. there is literally a million other things that should have a higher priority.
And if you're looking for realism then the crashes should wreck the cars. Body rigidity is like a drop in the ocean after that.

@Damo The Don
You don't need to apply body rigidity/engine rebuild as soon as their respective message appears! As for oil, your HP/torque will start dropping after 200 km/125 miles.

yeah i know but i play long hours and dont like having to go back mid session to do either of them when it does get to the point it really needs doing so i tend to just do it whenever i see its there , i only own 3 cars since the game came out as im a tune snob and dont move on till im 100% happy that the tune is final so money is no issue =)

If I were rich and changed the oil, restored rigidity and restored the engine after EVERY race would that keep my car at optimum performance or would natural wear and tear on other parameters become involved ?

If I were rich and changed the oil, restored rigidity and restored the engine after EVERY race would that keep my car at optimum performance or would natural wear and tear on other parameters become involved ?
Well it would keep your car at optimum performance I would say. Let's take a body of a person that does not eat or drink water after a marathon race what is going to happen to that person he or she body is going to deteriorate. PS I am not a Doctor.

Latest Posts

Back