Bond back in action

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 219 comments
It's a gift I guess.
Well whatever problems he faces he will obviously overcome, the trick is making it unpredictable and interesting, something the writers aren't very good at. Sorry but I feel that bond films are all the same in general structure. There must be a joke flow chart somewhere outlining this.
If the bad guys don't catch and temporarily detain him in this film they'll do it in the next one.

I know there's a bike chase on a rooftop, some smashing through a window, Aston Martin screentime, M dies, the traditional espionage/investigation scene etc. I don't need to flush $18 to see 5 minutes of gunfight choreography I haven't seen and some dialogue, it's not that I mind wasting money, but it'd be nice to get something out of it...
I may have gone to see it if they hadn't devalued it with throat-ramming over promotion and exposure.

If the bad guys don't catch and temporarily detain him in this film they'll do it in the next one.
Which is basically an element of every film ever made: at some point, the villain attempts to prevent the hero from accomplishing something. Have you given up watching films entirely?

I know there's a bike chase on a rooftop, some smashing through a window, Aston Martin screentime
All of which are absolutely critical to the plot.

I don't need to flush $18 to see 5 minutes of gunfight choreography I haven't seen and some dialogue, it's not that I mind wasting money, but it'd be nice to get something out of it...
Again, this is practically every film - at least every film in the genre - ever made.

We could have a director for Bond 24, and his name is Christopher Nolan.

Actually, I am jumping the gun a bit here, but The Daily Mail(by way of Super Hero Hype) is reporting that EON has entered informal talks with the Dark Knight director to direct Bond 24. Previous reports have indicated that the screenplay is currently being worked on and that MGM is hoping for a release in the next three years, or 2016.

If Nolan is indeed selected as the director, a scheduling conflict may occur. Nolan is currently working on Interstellar, which should hit theaters November 7, 2014, however he is known to churn out big projects in less than two years, so that 2016 date is still viable.

Nolan is an outspoken fan of James Bond, and has gone on record that he wanted to direct one of his films in the past, but until anything solid comes forth, consider this as rumor for now.

The Daily Mail is a notorious tabloid rag, but in the wake of some of the rubbish that was going on during filming of QUANTUM OF SOLACE, the producers appear to have adopted a different strategy whilst shooting SKYFALL, by controlling the flow of information to one of the Mail's reporters. Almost every single prediction he made turned out to be true, which is very unusual for a "newspaper" that is only ever guessing at best (and just making stuff up at worst).

Anyway, EON would be mad not to talk to Nolan, seeing as how he's one of the most in-demand directors around. But he also has his choice of project these days, and usually has a lot of creative control when filming, which is something EON don't usually give up.

You know what, I don't give a rat's buttocks. If it was good enough for my regular sources, then it was good enough for me. Don't you dare lecture me on the "facts" when in truth, you are insecure. Time to grow up.

Okay, I have no idea what I did to deserve that.

My point still stands, though: The Daily Mail is not to be trusted. It's not a source; it's a yellow rag with a history of brazenly making up rubbish for the sake of getting readers. And just because I refuse to believe anything they post, that does not make me insecure.

I've already seen it.

He grasps at straws a few times, like the part about Silva knowing exactly where the oncoming train would be to kill Bond with the explosion in the tunnel. Silva planted those charges in advance and could have blown the roof at any time. Eventually, a train would have crashed, drawing an emergecny response from the city and redirecting police away from the government inquiry into M's actions, thereby making it easier for him to attack.

Back