Boost setting.

• Thread starter Emmcee
  • 19 comments
Australia
Australia
I can't get the boost setting to work when pressing the x button on my wheel. Nothing changes, using a g29.

No and my ps4 the g29 has a button to "cycle turbo" and apparently it's like an onboard boost controller to adjust the boost which is the x button but when I push it nothing happens.

I can't get the boost setting to work when pressing the x button on my wheel. Nothing changes, using a G29.
What car or cars are you trying to use it with? I have only tried the Sauber Mercedes-Benz C9 with that function.

Yeah but what's it do? Does it bring up menu or something and allow boost change or do you hold it down or what? Because for me, nothing.

Yeah but what's it do? Does it bring up menu or something and allow boost change or do you hold it down or what? Because for me, nothing.
Each time you press it the boost pressure increases by 10%, until it gets to 100% and then it rolls around to 10%.

It's worked for me on every car that should have adjustable boost so far.

What car is it not work for and I will give it a go on mine.

Well that bites, I know in real life, any turbo car can have its boost adjusted it just depends if you have an in cabin boost controller or the old school "t" type you have to adjust manually under the hood. I put this down and put PC back in my ps4, took it out to have a go of AC again and now Iam wondering why I even brought it tbh as I feel it has nothing on PC but that's my opinion. It was massively "over hyped" here prior to release and I couldn't wait as we get FA on the side of decent racing sims on PlayStation anyway. All was good and having a blast until I realised you can't adjust your lap settings, wtf is up with that? Even the basic of car games has this option, I know it's only a small development team behind AC and they did a stunning job but when a game tells me how to play and not taking into consideration of people can psically play it that way, really pees me off, concidwring with a few more bug fixes and adding a few more options, it has the ability to blow PC away but IMO ATM it hasn't.

Well that bites, I know in real life, any turbo car can have its boost adjusted it just depends if you have an in cabin boost controller or the old school "t" type you have to adjust manually under the hood. I put this down and put PC back in my ps4, took it out to have a go of AC again and now Iam wondering why I even brought it tbh as I feel it has nothing on PC but that's my opinion. It was massively "over hyped" here prior to release and I couldn't wait as we get FA on the side of decent racing sims on PlayStation anyway. All was good and having a blast until I realised you can't adjust your lap settings, wtf is up with that? Even the basic of car games has this option, I know it's only a small development team behind AC and they did a stunning job but when a game tells me how to play and not taking into consideration of people can psically play it that way, really pees me off, concidwring with a few more bug fixes and adding a few more options, it has the ability to blow PC away but IMO ATM it hasn't.
You pee'd off because you can't cycle boost on every car that has turbo?
Take the yellowbird for a spin and you might have more than pee to spare, sorry but i just don't get why the hate for the game and why not just sell it to someone who can appreciate it.

The only hate I have about it is the fact I can't psically sit there and do the laps required in larger races due to my medical condition. That's all i have with it really, the fact when I look at it from the angle that thought is only put into these games and devices that people can actually play, not only frustrates me but there's a lot of market they could be missing out on.

Does the RUF yellow bird have it? Haven't used the turbo once. Anyone know what button the Thrustmaster 599X or whatever it's called?:lol:

Does the RUF yellow bird have it? Haven't used the turbo once. Anyone know what button the Thrustmaster 599X or whatever it's called?:lol:

Yep it does, goes all the way to 90% last i checked, then resets back to 0%

The only hate I have about it is the fact I can't psically sit there and do the laps required in larger races due to my medical condition. That's all i have with it really, the fact when I look at it from the angle that thought is only put into these games and devices that people can actually play, not only frustrates me but there's a lot of market they could be missing out on.

sorry to hear about your medical condition, but surely race weekend has the option to select the number of laps?
bring up the issue to the attention of Kunos, maybe something can be done, at the end though, not everybody can be pleased.

Yeah I hear ya, see I can't just do a race weekend as it doesn't accomplish nothing towards the overall game completion, if they had a custom style championship atleast you have to be consistant to win the championship. See PC does this well by even allowing you to scale down 24hr races to just 2hrs. Still out of my reach but atleast the effort to try please everyone is there you know what I mean?

Yeah I hear ya, see I can't just do a race weekend as it doesn't accomplish nothing towards the overall game completion, if they had a custom style championship atleast you have to be consistant to win the championship. See PC does this well by even allowing you to scale down 24hr races to just 2hrs. Still out of my reach but atleast the effort to try please everyone is there you know what I mean?

Very true, let's hope such features are then on the way.

The Yellowbird can go to 100% boost. If you go past 100 back to 0, then you can only get back to 90% for some reason. If that happens, you have to leave the room and rejoin to get to 100% again.

This also happens with the Sauber C9, so it looks like a general bug with boost adjustment.

Back