BOP Races for N cars.

  • Thread starter Thread starter aureliocr
  • 16 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
54
Mexico
Tijuana, Mexico
I’ve read some comments saying that every car that isn’t a group 1,3 or 4 are just a waste of space in this game (I kind of agree). So i thought of something.

I think it would be an amazing idea to make sort of BOP’d lobby for N (and X) cars. For example, Race #1 could be an N400 race in which any car within that range could enter, of course PD would have to make a good job of leveling the field (with BOP). That would make us use more of our garage N and X cars. Another one could be like a Midship race sort of like the one that’s in the GT League where you have to enter with your own MR garage car.

If correctly managed I think this would make the game much more interesting because PD really doesn’t do much for your garage cars, i mean every One Make the game gives you the car and makes you choose a color for it, even if you have the car and made a custom livery for it.

I'd love to hear your opinions about this, maybe we could make just enough noise.

Edit: I wanted to edit the title to be more specific but i guess you cant [?]
 
Last edited:
They tried that when the game launched. It worked horribly.
 
They tried that when the game launched. It worked horribly.
Really? I remember back in the closed beta when they had N300 races. During the first days, people were in whatever cars they have but later, they started using Evo X's since it was the best. The Evora was twitchy, the Focus and Megane understeered everywhere. Subaru was okay-ish but the Evo will always win the race. My first ever Sport mode win was with the Evo on Brands Hatch against other players such as @marvthegamer.
 
I opened a thread some time back asking for N cars in sport mode.

It appears I am one of the few who couldn’t care less about gr cars (especially gr4 which are absolutely boring to drive)

With regard to my experience, I race most exclusively in n500-600 lobbies and with Bop on and tuning open races are fairly balanced and surely much more fun than driving racing cars which are on rail and feel all the same.

I would also say that is quite natural for a a Focus or Megane to lose against a more sport cars, especially with stock setting.

Bop has is its limits but it does not mean tht you should expect to be competitive with the Samba bus vs a sport car simply because they might be in the same category simply due to handling.

If you don’t allow for tuning though things change a bit depending on which tyres you’re using.

Conclusion: add N500+ races in sport mode with open tuning (I know it will never happen).

Edit: title of my thread was N cars in sport mode or something like that
 
I would love this.
Make it open to any car, not just NXXX.
Just set a minimum weight and max power level, this would act as bop.
Allow tuning and im sure all types of cars would be competitive.
 
The reason it didn't work is people used the tuning option to 'detune' the M4 in to the class below, so it was a much more competent car and you simply could not win without driving it.

I don't 100% see why they can't do N class sport mode races without tuning enabled, but that's just my 2 cents.

I love Gr.4, am not too fussed by Gr.3 but don't see the point in Gr.1. The N class cars are more 'real' to me.
 
The reason it didn't work is people used the tuning option to 'detune' the M4 in to the class below, so it was a much more competent car and you simply could not win without driving it.

I don't 100% see why they can't do N class sport mode races without tuning enabled, but that's just my 2 cents.

I love Gr.4, am not too fussed by Gr.3 but don't see the point in Gr.1. The N class cars are more 'real' to me.
I don’t think you can de tune when BOP is on. Anymore at least.

I think (hope) PD will be doing N class races in Sport mode soon:cheers:
 
I’ve read some comments saying that every car that isn’t a group 1,3 or 4 are just a waste of space in this game (I kind of agree). So i thought of something.

I think it would be an amazing idea to make sort of BOP’d lobby for N (and X) cars. For example, Race #1 could be an N400 race in which any car within that range could enter, of course PD would have to make a good job of leveling the field (with BOP). That would make us use more of our garage N and X cars. Another one could be like a Midship race sort of like the one that’s in the GT League where you have to enter with your own MR garage car.

If correctly managed I think this would make the game much more interesting because PD really doesn’t do much for your garage cars, i mean every One Make the game gives you the car and makes you choose a color for it, even if you have the car and made a custom livery for it.

I'd love to hear your opinions about this, maybe we could make just enough noise.

Edit: I wanted to edit the title to be more specific but i guess you cant [?]

I think saying road cars are a waste of space is not understanding car culture and GT. If only sport mode cared they could just fill the game with racing cars and some people will be happy. I'm all about road cars so I would not be that happy and would have not even bought the game.

Maybe if they put a detuning limit with PP as it was in GT5 and 6 it could work. For now one make races are much more fair and to actually proove everyones skills. And since I dont like tuning I race most of time stock. Whats the point of race different cars that you can make them to feel nearly the same and as fast as each other?

Yesterday I was in a BOP N300 lobby and the advantage that tuning gave to some of the guys adjusting gear ratios and suspensions etc..was anything but fair. Maybe they could add both daily races stock and tuning for both worlds but I know developers are not in my head so I don't think it would happen.
 
Last edited:
The reason it didn't work is people used the tuning option to 'detune' the M4 in to the class below, so it was a much more competent car and you simply could not win without driving it.

I don't 100% see why they can't do N class sport mode races without tuning enabled, but that's just my 2 cents.

I love Gr.4, am not too fussed by Gr.3 but don't see the point in Gr.1. The N class cars are more 'real' to me.

I see, maybe they could be a bit stricter with how much you can tune ir detune an engine, maybe +/- 50hp if its any more or amy less you can’t use that car for that race. Also lock tunes for everything except for the engine so you can enter that class of racing. Or better yet, Just lock everything like in group cars, PD would have to balance every car though.
 
The only way, I think... is a complete overhaul of the N classes concept.

It should be something based on kinda GT6's Performance Points, not just Power Output.

The cars are just too different to make a BoP work, added to that cars being able to be upclassed and downclassed, it would be a mess.
Putting it simple... Imagine BoP on N700 class, leveling and Hellcat with a McLaren 650S or a Enzo Ferrari?
Added to that, considering the lap times in Suzuka East made by MidFieldMaven and posted on a thread here, every N600 car is faster than the Hellcat, add to that the possibility to put about 100hp to make them N700 cars... The Chevy Nova and the Hellcat are N700 but they just marginally faster than the N400 field (excluding the S-FR Concept). The KTM X-Bow is a N300 car faster than both.

Even Performance Points would be hard to handle, but definitely the N"hp" categories don't let you go anywhere, performance balance related.
 
I'm with you on adding back the higher N-Class cars in Sport Mode but unless it's one makes only its probably never going to work right. The problems with it before are touched on in a post above but even if that's fixed you will still have one dominant car per class just like the Gr.3 group. So it would become a one make race anyway as everyone will only use that dominant car. I just don't think BOP will ever make it completely balanced.

Now they could make it to where you have no choice as to what car you get in that class and cars would be randomly assigned to players. The slower cars start up front and the faster cars start in the back ( No qualifying ). This would make it harder for anyone who gets the dominant car.
 
Yesterday I was in a BOP N300 lobby and the advantage that tuning gave to some of the guys adjusting gear ratios and suspensions etc..was anything but fair.

Sorry but on this I can’t agree.

Setting the car for you should be a fundamental part of the game otherwise this game would reach a new epic low.

Fairness would be a car that in bop has a tons more hp or weighs way less.

The issue with NO tuning is that you create cars for each track.

For instance on a fast track everyone would pick the one car, while for another track the opposite.

If you allow tuning people can be free to adjust settings based on the track qnd hence you have more diversity as well on the field.

Think about the cayman in gr4. If you could adjust gear settings it might be competitive but now no one uses it.
 
They should do BoP races in Sport mode, but only with certain sets of cars instead of a class/wide NX00 race. You would only be allowed to enter cars within a set list, like 90’s Japanese sports cars or mid-engines supercars. That way they can focus more on balancing a smaller portion of the cars and the races would be thematic too.
 
I'm not a Nx00 fan, but I can see why others would be. I created a thread kind of similar to this where I suggested an extension of the daily races from 3 to 5 so that we can have dedicated races every day for the major series (Gr1,3,4, Nx00 and a slot for one makes) (see poll and thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/extension-of-daily-races-poll.375180/)

It seems a little silly that PD would add all these street cars, but then do little with them besides one make races
 
Sorry but on this I can’t agree.

Setting the car for you should be a fundamental part of the game otherwise this game would reach a new epic low.

Fairness would be a car that in bop has a tons more hp or weighs way less.

The issue with NO tuning is that you create cars for each track.

For instance on a fast track everyone would pick the one car, while for another track the opposite.

If you allow tuning people can be free to adjust settings based on the track qnd hence you have more diversity as well on the field.

Think about the cayman in gr4. If you could adjust gear settings it might be competitive but now no one uses it.

I think tweaking a race car has more sense and it's more common in real life when in a race. The guy I was talking about apart of being really a nice driver had a R32 fully tuned but downgraded via BOP. I still think fully tuned cars but downgraded are faster than stock, the same way some downgraded N400 could be faster (power capabilities) than most N300.

I much prefer(my opinion):

1. Compare the driving skills of each driver equaling cars performance via proper BOP or same car. Unless we have a tuning sheet that works for each track and car combinations, driver skills would not be really evident and sometimes would reward the best mechanical tweaker not the best driver. I'm not against some adjustment at all before the race, but power tuning cars would have advantage.

2. Compare real life cars specs without tuning. Not always trying to be first just enjoying similar real life car behavior and racing in online lobbies. (Not sport mode)

I know some people just want to max out some hatchback, JDM or any other and just beat any car at the track but that's just not my thing at all.

My solution would be to add two more daily races one for stock of very similar performance cars(We had them in Gt5/6) and one for all out tuned cars and people who can get most of tweaking the specs.
 
Last edited:
Damn that really sucks, how could it not work?

It wasn't well balanced as stated above, everyone ended up using the same one or two competitive cars. Wish they brought back shuffle racing
 
Back