Extension of Daily Races (Poll)

Should the Daily Races be extended?

• Yes, I agree with the OP

Votes: 137 74.5%
  • Yes, but I have a better idea than the OP (comment below)

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • No, the system we have now is fine

Votes: 25 13.6%

• Total voters
United States
Indiana
pie4july
A lot of people have been complaining about the Daily Race selection this week. I haven't liked any this week either.

I've mentioned this idea on several threads, and rather than continuing to mention it elsewhere, I've decided to give it a single thread.

I want to know what you guys think of the following idea

I want to extend the Daily Races from 3 to 5.

Race A will be reserved for one make races.

Race B will be reserved Nx00 races.

Race C will be reserved for Gr4 races.

Race D will be reserved for Gr3 races.

Race E will be reserved for Gr1 races.

Length of races would rotate every day so that 2 races are your 10 lappers with fuel/tire wear, and the other 3 races are sprints. On Day 1, A and B would be long, on Day 2, B and C would be long, Day 3 C and D would be long etc...

The lobby sizes depend on the track.

--
What are the benefits of this system?

Some people enjoy Gr3 races, some people enjoy one make races. By having all the options available every day, more people are likely to play.

I've noticed several people mentioning on the forum that they haven't done a lot of racing lately due to the poor scheduling. We can bump the daily player number with this method.

I would be curious to see if this method would help reduce that awful number of ~70% of players who never tried sport mode as well...

What are the disadvantages of this system?

It's possible players could be spread too thin during FiA races because there would be 7 active races. It's also possible that the track roster will feel even more repetitive then it does now, but it already does feel pretty repetitive the way they select tracks so...

Also, I think it's okay to be repetitive if the tracks are fun. (Stop with the ovals PD) lol

If you like this idea be sure to like it up and vote in the poll. Who knows, maybe PD will catch wind.

Last edited:
Also, I think it's okay to be repetitive if the tracks are fun. (Stop with the ovals PD) lol

While I agree with the overall idea, the idea of "what is fun?" is very subjective. You can't really please everyone, or even the majority of people, consistently.

That said, your idea has merit. Especially if/when PD adds more tracks to the mix. I like it.

I don't know about that. When they were doing Gr3 and 4 before they added Gr1, I never saw a player count drop in Gr4 over 3.
Yeah because there was no other choice. I happily play Gr.4 when I have to but why would you play Gr.4 if you could play Gr.3 or Gr.1 instead?

Have 4 daily races.

Daily Race A is always a slow one make 6 minute race.
Daily Race B is a 10 minute race, varying between a special One Make and a Gr category.
Daily Race C is 25 minutes, Gr category. Tyre and Fuel Wear
*Daily Race D is 40 minutes, Gr category. Tyre and Fuel Wear. Including choice between Soft, Medium, Hard etc

B and C are just slightly longer versions of what we have now. Just because I'm sick of B being the same length of A. Plus 3-4 Lap Gr 3 races are just stupid. And I think having 15 minute races as the 'longest race' is also quite stupid, especially having to pit after 7 and a half minutes of driving.

D could maybe rotate every 2 days rather than daily. But would fill the gap of a longer, more tactical race.

There definitely shouldn't be more than 5 races though yet. Fields would be too spread out in terms of ratings if more than 5.

Last edited:
My take on the poor sport mode player base is that so many casual people bought GTS thinking it's something like NFS or something similar. When they actually play it they realize the learning curve and its realism, so they'd stop playing the game. I don't think this is a far stretch because I have 5 or so friends that had GT6 and never played it for more than an hour. But if playerbase count is no object, I'd definitely hop in to your idea :cheers:

make one of the longer races 20 laps with tyre choice

That would open up a whole level of strategy that we're currently missing, especially if tire wear was applied during qualification (so you can get a feel for how particular tires wear on that car/track combination before the race).

Longer races have their own problem, though. Fewer people have the ability to sign up for really long races due to time constraints. You might wind up with some sparsely populated, or very unevenly matched, races.

Last edited:
That would open up a whole level of strategy that we're currently missing, especially if tire wear was applied during qualification (so you can get a feel for how particular tires wear on that car/track combination before the race).

Longer races have their own problem, though. Fewer people have the ability to sign up for really long races due to time constraints. You might wind up with some sparsely populated, or very unevenly matched, races.

I think if they did add this say 3/4 races per day on thu fri sat you might see a bigger yield of players. However they did it I would love too see this added

I love the idea of an Nxx race everyday
even if it allowed different N classes to race against each other, but with power/weight/tuning.
Is it just me? or does weight not seem to affect the rating of the car tho...

I would definately love more choice but how bout if Gr.4 and Gr.3's race keep rotating everyday but 1 or more of the additional races lasted longer? 2 to 3 days maybe? 1 could even last a week if it got the most likes or something.

Perhaps...

5 races a day, two being "arcade"style 5 - 10 minutes with optional qualifying and three "real" races.

Choosing one of the three "real" races you must qualify with you're average laptime from 4/5 laps as being the qualifying time. Some driving aids disabled like CSA and the ASM.
One of these races like we have now with the C race and one for lets say around 30 / 35 minutes with several strategy options (fuel mapping/tyre choices etc)
Third race a N class race with fixed settings?

I didn't want to choose "I have a better idea" cause it just seemed too snobby to me Lol.

This idea is legit! Only thing I would tweak is Race D and Race E.

Race D I think can be expanded out time wise. (Maybe 15 laps or so when it hits the endurance cycle)

Race E while it may be wishful thinking, could be Multiclass. Gr.3 and Gr.1, Gr.1 and Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.4. The only issue with this idea tho is I'd imagine matchmaking would be a nightmare. However, I'm sure they can calibrate the actual race to where it's just 2 10 grid races happening simultaneously. (Cause that's really all it would be)

On top of that, you gotta make those races no shorter than 10 laps. When the endurance cycle hits them, I'd expand it to 20 laps. (Tracks vary) .

I think they will add a season pass or dlc that you buy to give you more Sport races.
The problem that GTS faces right now is the lack of sport mode players; that's why adding more races is a difficult task. By doing that you're further segregating the playerbase because not everyone will pay for that. If that's applied then you might get into 5-player races

Good idea, yet not to keep all the same races for 3 days.

PD should also use rally now and then and have Nurb 24h way more often as well as Nx00 on Nordschleife.

Perhaps stagger the race changes

Day 1
A. Onemake on track 1 6 minute race every 15 minutes, starting at :05 :20 :35 :50
B. Nx00 on track 1 10 minute race every 15 minutes, starting at :10 :25 :40: :55
C. Gr.4 on track 1 8 minute race every 20 minutes
D. GR.3 on track 1 25 minute race every 30 minutes, 1 pit stop recommended
E. GR.1 on track 1 35 minutes race every 40 minutes, 2 pit stops recommended

Day 2
A. Onemake on track 2 6 minute race every 15 minutes
B. Nx00 on track 2 10 minute race every 15 minutes
C. Gr.4 on track 1 25 minute race every 30 minutes, 1 pit stop recommended
D. GR.3 on track 1 35 minute race every 40 minutes, 2 pit stops recommended
E. GR.1 on track 2 8 minutes race every 20 minutes

Day 3
A. Onemake on track 3 6 minute race every 15 minutes
B. Nx00 on track 3 10 minute race every 15 minutes
C. Gr.4 on track 1 35 minute race every 40 minute, 2 pit stops recommended
D. GR.3 on track 2 8 minute race every 20 minutes
E. GR.1 on track 2 25 minutes race every 30 minutes, 1 pit stop recommended

You never have to wait long to join a race with races starting every 5 minutes.
The first day a new track rotates for GR.1 / GR.3 / GR.4 it's a sprint race with plenty of time in between to improve qualifying
The next two days time in between races should be minimal and the races get longer. Qualifying time is already set and people have experience on that track to make the most out of the longer version.

The problem that GTS faces right now is the lack of sport mode players; that's why adding more races is a difficult task. By doing that you're further segregating the playerbase because not everyone will pay for that. If that's applied then you might get into 5-player races
Perhaps they can make Sport mode more attractive by having larger pay outs. I think its a myth that there will be a low player count if they expand the races. I have no trouble finding races in any racing game on PS4 and most of them have not sold what GT Sport has

I would like to see more races, being able to play in the setups of the cars, some with damage and without this freshness of ghost mode and automatic respaw.

Perhaps they can make Sport mode more attractive by having larger pay outs. I think its a myth that there will be a low player count if they expand the races. I have no trouble finding races in any racing game on PS4 and most of them have not sold what GT Sport has
That could help, especially that GTS is a low payout game

More slots means more money spent on dedicated servers.

I dont think PD will increase the 3 options we have. Would love that.

More slots means more money spent on dedicated servers.

I dont think PD will increase the 3 options we have. Would love that.
I was also wondering about server capacity.
As it stands, at certain times of the day there are 5 events being held.
I've no idea if it's actually a factor or not though.

I didn't want to choose "I have a better idea" cause it just seemed too snobby to me Lol.

This idea is legit! Only thing I would tweak is Race D and Race E.

Race D I think can be expanded out time wise. (Maybe 15 laps or so when it hits the endurance cycle)

Race E while it may be wishful thinking, could be Multiclass. Gr.3 and Gr.1, Gr.1 and Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.4. The only issue with this idea tho is I'd imagine matchmaking would be a nightmare. However, I'm sure they can calibrate the actual race to where it's just 2 10 grid races happening simultaneously. (Cause that's really all it would be)

On top of that, you gotta make those races no shorter than 10 laps. When the endurance cycle hits them, I'd expand it to 20 laps. (Tracks vary) .

I think multiclass race would be fantastic in a private lobby with people you know. I am picturing public races being an absolute wreckfest with Gr1 cars ramming Gr3/4 off the track, and with Gr3/4 drivers failing to yield to Gr1 cars. Lappers love wrecking the leaders, don't see why it would be any different.

If you can get with the right people, I think multiclass racing could be so much fun. I've strongly considered looking for leagues which do that on GTS, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I would only have 4 slots, because the current player count can barely even support 3 races in some regions like the Americas.

- Gr.1 or Gr.3
- Gr.4
- mixed bag (Nx00 races, one make, Gr.X, etc)
- weekly race

I put 1 and 3 together because those are more suited to experienced drivers. 4 is a racing class most anyone can jump into and should be there every day.
The weekly race would be the most popular daily race from the previous week. I miss our weeklies before they turned into dailies; the racing got more exciting as the week went on, and I think having one race that the majority really enjoyed and can enjoy for a longer stretch would be good.

As for increasing Sport mode player count, one idea I had would be to remove the ability to grind for credits offline. This would push people who are stuck in old GT car collection habits into participating in Sport mode. Over half of GTS owners are those people; PD needs to incentivize them to play Sport mode. They might actually enjoy it once they tried it like many of us did.

My ideal scenario has 6 dailies and goes like this :

Daily 1 : N categories below N500, comfort - sports tyres.
Daily 2 : N categories above N500,
sport - racing tyres.
Daily 3 : Gr4 race > 10 laps
Daily 4 : Gr3 race > 10 laps
Daily 5 : Gr1 race > 15 laps
Daily 6 : Nurburgring with car categories cycling.

Do you think it's a bit too much?
Regardless we need a few more dailies.

Im not gonna lie, I see myself playing drastically less due to the poor track/gr selection. Like, honestly who buys this game to race suzuka swift? then another one make and Ovals... I usually tend to play at around 8-10 and most of the time i dont not have time for the FIA races and if I see dailys this bad I immediately switch off the game. I dont particulary enjoy gr1, altough it could change once I play more of it I want to be able to races what I want not what the game tells you what to race. Switching between gr4, gr3,gr1 every days means I cant be good at any of those categories, I dont have time to spend couple of hours a day practising. If you add reverse track to this equation I honestly wonder how do people find time to play this game as it usually takes 1 hour practising and getting a decent qualifier. I would much rather choose one category and stick to it for at least a week or two, then switch it around. I think 5 daily races a day isnt too much considering we get 2 one makes and 1 ovals today.

Back