Boring interviews/reports...

  • Thread starter Thread starter cb1021
  • 11 comments
  • 1,253 views

cb1021

(Banned)
Messages
352
Messages
WainmanRabbit
There's magazine and video interviews with Kazunori about the game. But the same boring ass questions are being asked which mainly focus on features.

It's so boring. He doesn't even see it as a game with features, release dates, etc which he doesn't even want to reveal. It's his life and passion. Why doesn't anybody ask him how are you, or how many hours do you sleep at night, how would you describe your production team, etc.

Why doesn't anybody ask more questions about his vision and his mentality. PD has no issues with technology and technical domains. The special thing they have going on is synergy and passion, that's what makes them great. So why not focus on that?

Take Toyota for example, their foundation for the company is not in technology, suppliers, R&D, innovation etc. Their foundation is in corporate ideology or something much more deep.

I wonder what Japanese interviewers are asking. Americans just seem too simple, materialistic, and noob. :ouch:
 
It's interesting that you decided to single out "Americans" in your comments when he is often interviewed by journalists from other countries, but I digress. :rolleyes: The answer, of course, is simple: these "interviewers" are just doing their job - they're gamers who also happen to be into journalism. They don't know what has and has not been asked before, and they really don't care. It's just something that they've been asked to do.

By contrast, the best interviews are conducted by people outside the press or by a personal friend of Yamauchi's. Such interviews are few and far between, however, as these real fans rarely have the access or resources to follow Yamauchi around the world.
 
Seems to me the interviewer is always type of "common" game journalist with no passion in GT at all. When you can see them driving, it's a disaster and the interview continues in the same manner. This is just life the same way like guy with interest in bikes usually works in an electronic store and you are awaiting professional advice from him. You are not going to get it mostly.

Another barrier is coming from Kaz alone. They are hiding the GT5 like top confidential materials of CIA, they are showing only few tracks and cars to us again and again.
 
Last edited:
i m tired of all interview .Kazu says same things forever.
 
Well of course they keep asking the same questions, he has yet to answer most of them. I personally think it's because he has no say in the final product, etc, but either way, he doesn't give much info out, because there is apparently something much more difficult about making a PS3 game then making 2 XBOX games. I just don't know exactly what that is yet - because he won't tell me ;)
 
There's magazine and video interviews with Kazunori about the game. But the same boring ass questions are being asked which mainly focus on features.

It's so boring. He doesn't even see it as a game with features, release dates, etc which he doesn't even want to reveal. It's his life and passion. Why doesn't anybody ask him how are you, or how many hours do you sleep at night, how would you describe your production team, etc.

Why doesn't anybody ask more questions about his vision and his mentality. PD has no issues with technology and technical domains. The special thing they have going on is synergy and passion, that's what makes them great. So why not focus on that?

Take Toyota for example, their foundation for the company is not in technology, suppliers, R&D, innovation etc. Their foundation is in corporate ideology or something much more deep.

I wonder what Japanese interviewers are asking. Americans just seem too simple, materialistic, and noob. :ouch:

While I agree, you obviously don't get it. He's usually interviewed by gaming magazines/sites or tech sites. They need the skinny on the product because that's what their readers want to know.
 
i m tired of all interview .Kazu says same things forever.

Thats hardly a criticism of the man....I mean would you rather him contradict himself?

As for the OP, as has been said, an interviewer is not there for a pleasant conversation or to write a biography. If you took the time to look, you would actually find there have been questions on the background of how he came about to make Gran Turismo which do go into the human aspect of developing the game and he has duely answered. But unlike asking a release date for the next game, the answer will never change and its not what everyone is interested about.
 
It's so boring. He doesn't even see it as a game with features, release dates, etc which he doesn't even want to reveal. It's his life and passion. Why doesn't anybody ask him how are you, or how many hours do you sleep at night, how would you describe your production team, etc.

Why doesn't anybody ask more questions about his vision and his mentality. PD has no issues with technology and technical domains. The special thing they have going on is synergy and passion, that's what makes them great. So why not focus on that?
Being selfish, I'm here in my life waiting for a game to be released. He is living his life, developing the game I am waiting for. I really don't care how many hours a night he sleeps, or how he would describe his production team, because it tells me nothing about the game.
 
My perception of the guy is that he is a mastermind, though among other masterminds in his team.

That said, asking simple questions with one word answers (even though the response is in a well structured "press release" format, they contain very little information) to a mastermind, I would be ashamed and embarrassed to approach him with such questions.

I'm not saying im smart or he's smart. I'm saying, if ONE publication who interviews PD can ask something DIFFERENT, then they will have an edge, like exclusiveness (which all media want right?).

In the end, none of this matters. I'm just really bored of boring stuff.
 
My perception of the guy is that he is a mastermind, though among other masterminds in his team.

That said, asking simple questions with one word answers (even though the response is in a well structured "press release" format, they contain very little information) to a mastermind, I would be ashamed and embarrassed to approach him with such questions.

I'm not saying im smart or he's smart. I'm saying, if ONE publication who interviews PD can ask something DIFFERENT, then they will have an edge, like exclusiveness (which all media want right?).

In the end, none of this matters. I'm just really bored of boring stuff.

I doubt people would read an interview over others just because it went into the spirit of the game. People are after facts like release dates, as is evident in this very forum.
 
My perception of the guy is that he is a mastermind, though among other masterminds in his team.

That said, asking simple questions with one word answers (even though the response is in a well structured "press release" format, they contain very little information) to a mastermind, I would be ashamed and embarrassed to approach him with such questions.

I'm not saying im smart or he's smart. I'm saying, if ONE publication who interviews PD can ask something DIFFERENT, then they will have an edge, like exclusiveness (which all media want right?).

In the end, none of this matters. I'm just really bored of boring stuff.

A wise man once told me that only boring people get bored. That said maybe you should take a look at the kind of person you are and then take a look at the kind of personalities you are posting to and realize that you saying that you are bored is realy of no concern to the majority of us. We already know more about this game than KY wants us to right now.
 
I'm saying, if ONE publication who interviews PD can ask something DIFFERENT, then they will have an edge, like exclusiveness (which all media want right?).

I've actually worked in journalism & you can ask all the question that you like, but when it comes time to write an article (or a script for a TV news package), you always start with the most important facts first and what is relevant today.

Of course, the most important & relevant answers will relate to what KY & PD are doing with GT5.

The interviews are boring to you because KY's answers don't reveal much about the upcoming game. However, the exclusive will be determined by who gets those answers first. You won't get those answers by asking about "synergy."

BTW, they'll keep asking those same questions until they get the answers that they want.
 
Back