Borna12345' s snapshots -REHAUL-

• Thread starter Borna12345
  • 29 comments
Nice pictures Borna! I think you'll get the hang of taking better-looking shots soon.

Cool pictures again 👍

And OK, I'm going to the thread and try to answer again, I'm interested in seeing who will get the answer correct :lol:

Pretty good shots, much better than I can do!

Also, you can embed the pictures so there aren't links. Like this.

drift2.jpg

There's a way to make them thumbnails, but I have no idea how. :P

Have you set your settings to output at superfine resolution? Some of the pictures seem more compressed than I remember. Otherwise, nice start.

Well, posting just links will filter out the casual viewer because you are asking us to click numerous links....

Just sayin' 👍

Plus the GT4 photomode section doesn't get a terrible amount of traffic now...

Some of your shots are good. :)

Like 80Y mentioned, links aren't the best for drawing in people. Try posting thumbnails so they have at least a small idea of what they're in store for :).

Your shots show promise, so I'll offer some advice I was told early on; give your subjects some breathing room. It's fine to be zoomed in, and it can create some drama, but try to make sure they aren't too close to the edges of the image, or the corner. A personal addition to this advice is to get a feel for where the watermark is added to the image and avoid having it ever even touch the subject. For example, picture 5 in your Jag set is a really nice angle, but it feels a bit off since the splitter on the LM is being eaten by the border.

Another tip just for variety, since your gallery is predominantly non-edited, is to slow down your shutter speed to give the images a sense of speed. The wheels during races are flat 2D textures; a lower shutter speed will increase the blur and get rid of that. You may have to zoom out or use a further away camera though to minimize car blur. Unless you're doing a shot like #6, which are interesting shots every once in a while. It looks like you manually focused on the background, but try lowering the shutter speed even more to give more a sense of speed. Also in pic 6, it seems your image compression was set back to a lower level.

Weird that the rims are switched around on the dual-car shot! Do it in Photoshop with Franz' tutorial? Have fun? It can be addictive!

The rims on the dual-car picture aren't swapped, the race car has ''OZ'' rims which I bought for it. I bought them for the road car too, but used the wrong tires in the photoshoot. Have you looked at the other edits? Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
Gallery rehaul!
Remember, * means edited

Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V 2001

Chaparral 2J Race Car 1970

Renault 5 Turbo 1980

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car 2002
Also included:Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car 2003

I personally like the Chaparral most, every gallery needs one and mine seems to have that RL look at the turbines.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
New pics:
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) 1983

With a Stage 1 turbo, race-ready exhaust, Stage 2 weight reduction and a chip, this a great drift car. Oh, and oil change, wash and no AIDS.

The first one of the z with El Capitan in the background is my fave, it captures the moment, I picture is worth a thousand words. Just the right amount of movement is captured. Good one keep em coming please!

A micro-sized rally machine:

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 1992 Rally Edition
:P

Can you spot the changes to the car on the edited picture?

PS:I've got a tune for this car, if anybody wants it I'll share.

Yeah, I see you blanked out the license plate , or should I say Name plate. By the way, that is a good capture too of you busting up onto the tarmac. I don't own the car myself but send me your tune for it and I'll scoop one up after my Endurance race at grand Valley. Good work thanks for keeping the pics coming.

Some nice shots; I'm liking 2, 3, 4, and 6 most. It's a fun little buzz-mobile, isn't it? Does make a surprisingly decent rally car too, if you don't mind the lack of speed. Nice job!

There are more changes than the plate. Three changes in total.

I will post the tune soon.

EDIT:Here is the tune.
Mazda Autozam AZ-1

Parts
Everything except rollcage and refresh, optional oil change,
1.5 way LSD

Settings
Transmission
tranny trick (more about it in 200pt threads), all gears max right, auto 1

Suspension
2.0-2.2
135-136