bottoming out

If he Ring seems too long course to tests bottoming out, another good place to test if your car bottoms out is the fifth corner (=corner before the straight to corkscrew) of Laguna Sega. If this tight lefthander is driven properly (brake before the little bumb, then tight turn and flooring it) the weight transfers downwards is pretty high. Actually this corner can bottom out stiff suspensions too, when driving flat-out

slowman
Bumpiest track in GT4 is easily the Nurburging. I find a soft suspension with a slight oversteer bias is best for the Nurburgring.
i can never find a right set up for that track:indiff:

Another good bumpy one is Paris Opera. I've just had a thought about testing for bottoming out: soften everything as much as possible; drive at a bumpy track; see how the car behaves; then stiffen gradually until bad behaviour disappears!

I've just thought of that! :dopey: Feel free to flame if I've said something dumb...

I'm just going to try that out myself!

I personally find that Deep Forest is a great place to try out settings for bumpier tracks, its (obviously) far shorter than the 'ring and setting developed at Deep Forest need only small adjustments when transfered over to the 'ring.

I'm moving this thread over to the Tuning & Settings forum as it will be more appropriate there.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - yes the 'ring is that bumpy in reality.

Scaff
I personally find that Deep Forest is a great place to try out settings for bumpier tracks, its (obviously) far shorter than the 'ring and setting developed at Deep Forest need only small adjustments when transfered over to the 'ring.

I'm moving this thread over to the Tuning & Settings forum as it will be more appropriate there.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - yes the 'ring is that bumpy in reality.

I do that too. It has a variety of corners, including a couple off-camber ones.

If the car bottoms out normally without catching air, you will see sparks if you look backward. Unfortunately you cannot see sparks in the mirror like you could in GT3.

I don't think bottoming out affects the car at all in GT4 though. You can test any affects after the tunnel in Trial Mountain on the back straight. Right as you begin to go up hill a lot of cars bottom out there. Ride height does have some weird affects on turns like the last on at Midfield. Low, stiff cars tend to be jerky there.

Back