Bought another PS3. Missed GT6.

• Thread starter MightyL
  • 8 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Mightylieven
My old PS3 crashed on me about half a year ago. Decided to wait for GTS and not bother buying another PS3. Didn't buy a PS4 yet either. Will see what price it goes whenever GTS is coming out :)... But now with the news of the delay and no news on a new release date, something was missing in my life :). So I bought another PS3! Going through all the GT6 updates right now before being able to fire it up might take about a day, but god I'm excited! Reminds me of the very first times I ever played GT1. Tried it once in store, then running from the gaming store where I did rent(!) the console and game... Nostalgia oh nostalgia. Thank you Kazunori, thank you!

Welcome back to :gtpflag:!

You may notice that the online multiplayer of GT6 has died down significantly and the quick matches are nothing to get excited for, really. So there are a few alternatives and ways to extend the life of GT6 here around this thread.

Duel of the Week would have to be my personal favourite around these forums. Great group of guys over there if you're interested.

Same goes with Beater or Sleeper? Another great thread with a similar premise of weekly cars, but this time consisting of single races and only one automobile. You can really post anything there and the variety is great.

The Photomode Forum is always around for you to dump photos and if you edit on Photoshop, rake in the views. It's slowing down a little so new photos are always a great thing, they also host competitions over there too.

@Cowboy 's GT6 Car Reviews Thread is a good place to inspire you to select a car you might have never thought of using. Taking the sub-par Standard Cars and race tuning them for the Nurburgring is always a fun way to waste half an hour.

So there are tonnes of things to do around here to extend the life of GT6 while waiting for the next GT title. If I hadn't found this website, GT6 would be collecting dust right now on my shelve. There's a variety of great things to do around here. Don't let the game die off too fast for yourself.

Thanks for the tips @MrWaflz55! The Duel of the week seems like a fun thing indeed! I ll come back once I'm through redoing the first phases of career. Takes some time ...
I actually never needed any other than just taking all them cars around every single track enjoying them in their stock form. feeling the weight transfer, where they want to go and how to gently push them around, improving lap times...
I had about every car in the game so I'm rebuilding again. It's a long process :).

Last edited:
Welcome back to :gtpflag:!

You may notice that the online multiplayer of GT6 has died down significantly and the quick matches are nothing to get excited for, really. So there are a few alternatives and ways to extend the life of GT6 here around this thread.

Duel of the Week would have to be my personal favourite around these forums. Great group of guys over there if you're interested.

Same goes with Beater or Sleeper? Another great thread with a similar premise of weekly cars, but this time consisting of single races and only one automobile. You can really post anything there and the variety is great.

The Photomode Forum is always around for you to dump photos and if you edit on Photoshop, rake in the views. It's slowing down a little so new photos are always a great thing, they also host competitions over there too.

@Cowboy 's GT6 Car Reviews Thread is a good place to inspire you to select a car you might have never thought of using. Taking the sub-par Standard Cars and race tuning them for the Nurburgring is always a fun way to waste half an hour.

So there are tonnes of things to do around here to extend the life of GT6 while waiting for the next GT title. If I hadn't found this website, GT6 would be collecting dust right now on my shelve. There's a variety of great things to do around here. Don't let the game die off too fast for yourself.
^ This, right here, is why I love this site. The members of this community go above and beyond to be helpful to posters.

Cheers Waflz, and cheers Jordan, for making this site possible. :D

Welcome back bro. Still a great game. I myself am waiting for release of GTsport but in the meantime still amusing myself with GT6.
I enjoying going through the Career races/stages (once I got through with updates) but what I most look forward to are the online Seasonal events updated every two weeks. Keeps me interested.
The log in winnings bonuses of Maximum 200% also keep me logging in every day to keep topped up.

If you'd like some online fun in addition to TT's, Beater or Sleeper has weekly races at 8pm PST Tuesday nights, and 1pm PST Saturdays. You can find them in the online lobby listed as "COTW" ( car of the week ). We'd love to have you join us @MightyL

If you'd like some online fun in addition to TT's, Beater or Sleeper has weekly races at 8pm PST Tuesday nights, and 1pm PST Saturdays. You can find them in the online lobby listed as "COTW" ( car of the week ). We'd love to have you join us @MightyL

Hey there, don't seem to be able to find it. would love to check the settings... I love to drive in full damage lobbies and ABS off...

Hey there, don't seem to be able to find it. would love to check the settings... I love to drive in full damage lobbies and ABS off...

It's not full damage ( sometimes none ) and its clean. We race completely stock vehicles and aids are available to keep the playing field equal. Check out the Beater or Sleeper thread at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...0-nissan-skyline-gt-r-r33-touring-car.295599/ and if it looks like something your interested in send me a PM and I'll get you set up. 👍

This week we'll be racing the Merc SLR '09.

It's not full damage ( sometimes none ) and its clean. We race completely stock vehicles and aids are available to keep the playing field equal. Check out the Beater or Sleeper thread at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...0-nissan-skyline-gt-r-r33-touring-car.295599/ and if it looks like something your interested in send me a PM and I'll get you set up. 👍

This week we'll be racing the Merc SLR '09.

Thx Dragon! I'm currently involved in setting up some at gtarena. If it doesnt seem to have the success we hope for, I'll check out the COTW!

Back