Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
PicsArt_01-18-06.41.31.jpg

If there's one thing I like about GT6, it's the chance to take the time to review the cars! This thread will be nothing but reviews from me, along with some added discussion from you guys. The reviews will go in dealership order, starting with Acura, and (hopefully) ending with Volvo. First review should be up sometime tonight, and I will try to review as often as time will permit.

Enjoy!

Note: For the duplicate cars such as the NA Miatas, I will do a group review since they are really close to the same performance. For the cars that are duplicates but come from different manufacturers such as the HSC and Dualnote/DN-X, I will choose one of the two and count that as a review for both.

Last edited:
Car #1: Acura RSX Type-S '04

NOiO4pFPfE5Et4ayT_0.jpg

Introduction

The RSX has been in the GT series since GT3, but the Type-S made its first appearance in GT4. Basically, its an American version of the ill faded Integra from Honda. The Acura version looks quite like a sleeper, so I'm not expecting anything special from it.

The Looks

Like I just said, it has a sleeper appearance compared to its Japanese brother. It looks more like a town car rather than a sporty looking car, and unfortunately was left for dead by PD because of its Standard quality.

The Specs

The RSX possesses a 1,998 cc, naturally aspirated engine that produces 200 HP @ 7,500 rpm and 143.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,000 rpm. It weighs a moderate 1,255 kg and has a very uneven weight distribution at 60:40.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 6.794 sec
0-100: 17.934 sec
400m: 14.984 sec
1,000m: 27.530 sec
Top Speed: 167 est.

The RSX starts off the line with a bit of tire squeal, and makes some accurate numbers in terms of 0-60 and 400m. The top speed is obviously too high because it switches to 6th gear at 145 mph :rolleyes:.

Road Test

I decided to drive this car at Autumn Ring. First thing I noticed on this one was its very noticeable understeer, which is what you get for driving front wheel drive. Anyways, this car is really a sleeper around this track as well because you basically just cruise around with no major problems. After a couple laps, I clocked a best time of 1:36.595.

I then took it to Matterhorn Dristelen. I figured I would give this car a challenge, and it did. This is where the understeer really showed, coming up in nearly every corner. Fortunately, climbing the big hill wasn't an issue because it held steady at mid rpm in fourth gear. After a couple laps, my best was 1:23.316.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Has a potential to surprise people
  • More powerful than the Integra (Honda)

Cons
  • Massive understeer
  • Annoying exhaust note
  • Very plain and boring looking
  • Untouched by PD since GT4
  • Unreal top speed

Final Thoughts

The RSX is a different vehicle that many people overlook. Like nearly every other vehicle in the game, it can probably be tuned to beat people online. In the end, I would probably save up for an NSX instead because there's something about this cat that I don't like. As bad and negative as I may sound, this does drive better than other vehicles in the game. My final rating on this car is:

7/10​

Last edited:
Wow @CowboyAce57, you're a busy guy! You have this thread, Duel of the Week, Forgotten Cars Thread, and your tunes. Thank you for contributing so much.
I like to be of some sort of help to the community :gtpflag:. But yeah I am a busy person, and really it's the first three threads that I post in regularly. I post my tunes whenever I make one, which is once about every month.

Index of cars

Acura

Car #1: Acura RSX Type-S '04

NOiO4pFPfE5Et4ayT_0.jpg

Initial Thoughts

The RSX has been in the GT series since GT3, but the Type-S made its first appearance in GT4. Basically, its an American version of the ill faded Integra from Honda. The Acura version looks quite like a sleeper, so I'm not expecting anything special from it.

The Looks

Like I just said, it has a sleeper appearance compared to its Japanese brother. It looks more like a town car rather than a sporty looking car, and unfortunately was left for dead by PD because of its Standard quality.

The Specs

The RSX possesses a 1,998 cc, naturally aspirated engine that produces 200 HP @ 7,500 rpm and 143.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,000 rpm. It weighs a moderate 1,255 kg and has a very uneven weight distribution at 60:40.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 6.794 sec
0-100: 17.934 sec
400m: 14.984 sec
1,000m: 27.530 sec
Top Speed: 167 est.

The RSX starts off the line with a bit of tire squeal, and makes some accurate numbers in terms of 0-60 and 400m. The top speed is obviously too high because it switches to 6th gear at 145 mph :rolleyes:.

Road Test

I decided to drive this car at Autumn Ring. First thing I noticed on this one was its very noticeable understeer, which is what you get for driving front wheel drive. Anyways, this car is really a sleeper around this track as well because you basically just cruise around with no major problems. After a couple laps, I clocked a best time of 1:36.595.

I then took it to Matterhorn Dristelen. I figured I would give this car a challenge, and it did. This is where the understeer really showed, coming up in nearly every corner. Fortunately, climbing the big hill wasn't an issue because it held steady at mid rpm in fourth gear. After a couple laps, my best was 1:23.316.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Has a potential to surprise people
  • More powerful than the Integra (Honda)

Cons
  • Massive understeer
  • Annoying exhaust note
  • Very plain and boring looking
  • Untouched by PD since GT4
  • Unreal top speed

Final Thoughts

The RSX is a different vehicle that many people overlook. Like nearly every other vehicle in the game, it can probably be tuned to beat people online. In the end, I would probably save up for an NSX instead because there's something about this cat that I don't like. As bad and negative as I may sound, this does drive better than other vehicles in the game. My final rating on this car is:

7/10​
THANK YOU, for making your thread in this format. It makes it so much easier to find the car you want to see and then it takes you straight to the reply. 👍

Thanks for the great original threads too! :)

THANK YOU, for making your thread in this format. It makes it so much easier to find the car you want to see and then it takes you straight to the reply. 👍

Thanks for the great original threads too! :)
Wow @CowboyAce57, you're a busy guy! You have this thread, Duel of the Week, Forgotten Cars Thread, and your tunes. Thank you for contributing so much.
Nice first review and also very formal structure. @CowboyAce57 :)
Thanks everybody for the appreciation :D.

Edit: Next review coming late Sunday or Monday.

Last edited:
Car #2: Acura Integra Type R '01

3umQtd0f3nVEE9OA_0.jpg

Introduction

I actually prefer the Acura Integra over the Honda version. Maybe it's from need for speed or whatever, but in stock form I'm not expecting much from this, like it's younger brother in the previous review, the RSX. This car has been in the series since GT2, and has sort of been left out from the others in its class. So what makes it different?

The Looks

This car doesn't look much different than the Honda version other than the front fascia. It does not look quite as aggressive as the Honda version and yet again does not look as though it has been touched by PD.

The Specs

The Integra produces 197 HP @ 8,000 rpm and 136.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,500 rpm. All this comes from a 1,797 cc, naturally aspirated engine. It is front wheel drive and weighs 1,197 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 7.200 sec
0-100: 17.933 sec
400m: 15.016 sec
1,000m: 27.383 sec
Top Speed: 164 mph

The Integra starts off with some wheelspin and reaches 60 mph in just over seven seconds. It eventually hits yet again an unreal top speed of 164 mph.

Road Test

I tested this car on Midfield Raceway reverse. Compared to the RSX, this car has quite responsive handling, which really helped. The understeer is there, but it is predictable enough so that you can correct yourself. After a couple of laps I managed to muster a 1:32.665.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Can easily be used for cruise lobbies
  • More domestic feeling than the Honda cousin
  • Predictable handling
Cons
  • Looks like it was imported right out of GT4
  • Able to be used in the "Fighting Muscle" event in career, which seems very wierd

Final Thoughts

Well the Integra proved me wrong by impressing me a lot. I'll have to keep this one and maybe make a tune for it. Feels a lot better than the RSX and its a shame that it's easily overlooked by the Honda version. But enough of Honda, my rating for this car is.....

8/10​

Last edited:
I do hope you only review one duplicate then move on! :lol:
I've thought a lot of how I'm gonna review the dreaded duplicates. I'll either review one and move on like you said or put all the duplicates of the same car in one review (for example: all the NA Miatas would be in one review).

I remember reading that the round 'bullet' headlights were not popular in Japan. And for all you cockpit drivers, it's left hand drive (if it matters). :)

Keep up the reviews. Looking forward to seeing car number 1000!

Is there any particular order you're going to review these cars? Or just whatever takes your fancy at the time??
I'll be doing these in manufacturer order, so Cadillac will be after Acura and so forth.

Cars #3-#4: Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '01 & Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03

ehYT4FWPLnXdtLGZ_0.jpg

Introduction

The first review that features two cars that are almost exactly the same. These two look like total sleepers, and they look heavy. Not expecting much out of these two.

The Looks

Neither of these two sport an aggressive look, but instead have a look that says "hey city person, come drive me". Not much else can be said other than the fact that these are also standard quality.

The Specs

Spec wise these two aren't far apart. The '01 has 259 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 232.1 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. It has a 3,200 cc, naturally aspirated engine and weighs 1,592 kg. The '03 has 262 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 234.4 ft-lbs of torque and weighs 1,563 kg. It has a 3,210 cc, naturally aspirated engine.

Acceleration Test

'01 CL 3.2 Type-S

0-60: 6.367 sec
0-100: 15.917 sec
400m: 14.500 sec
1,000m: 26.550 sec
Top Speed: 176 mph (est.)

'03 CL 3.2 Type-S

0-60: 6.567 sec
0-100: 15.950 sec
400m: 14.583 sec
1,000m: 26.367 sec
Top Speed: 178 mph (est.)

Both cars yet again have unreal top speeds. The '03 appeared to have more get up and go to it and felt like it had the more comfortable acceleration. The '01 has only 5 gears, yet proves to be faster than the '03 by a very slight margin.

Road Test

Both cars were driven at Deep Forest Raceway. The '01 was the less pleasing of the two, by having the most understeer and that annoying front wheelspin when cornering. The '03 again felt like more of a pleasure by having only verly little less understeer from its brother and better hearing. Yet both felt like a drag to drive, and just didn't have that wow factor you'd expect from a car.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • '03 model has smooth gears
Cons
  • Unbelievable top speed
  • Uncomfortable to drive
  • Heavy feeling
  • Kinda ugly looking

Final Thoughts

You're not missing out on much if you've never driven either of these. Nearly everything about these two just has something negative for me to say about it. I personally wouldn't recommend these two if you're looking for an easy or fun caf to drive. My rating for bothbof these is:

5/10​

Last edited:
I recall getting one of these early on in GT6 and being totally disappointed. But why should I be, it's an Acura! But alas, it's sluggish, handles like a tank and has an odd transmission. The other con is PD seemed to have used the same engine sample as the NSX, so if you compare the drivability to the NSX you're going to be asking why you ever bought this thing.

Win some, lose some! :)

The other con is PD seemed to have used the same engine sample as the NSX, so if you compare the drivability to the NSX you're going to be asking why you ever bought this thing.

Win some, lose some! :)
I also noticed that both of these had pretty much the same engine note as the NSX.

Cars #5-#6, Acura NSX '91 and Acura NSX Coupe '97

x1Ks6ghc2UdJAm6hq_0.jpg

zx3u7Ahm24j0DqqSp_0.jpg

Introduction

These two are true classics of the GT series so I am expecting nothing short of a fun drive. There aren't very many differences between these two, the major one being the standard versus premium and the specs.

The Looks

The NSX has one of the best body designs of all time in my opinion. Quite the streamlined body derived from formula one. It was one of the last major sports cars to feature the pop up headlights.

The Specs

As stated before, these two have different performance stats. The '91 NSX produces a 2,977 cc naturally aspirated engine that produces 266 HP @ 7,000 rpm and 209.0 ft-lbs of torque @ 5,500 rpm. The '97 on the other hand boasts a 3,179 cc naturally aspirated engine producing 288 HP @ 7,000 rpm and 224.2 ft-lbs of torque @ 5,500 rpm. The '91 weighs 1,365 kg and the '97 weighs 1,392 kg.

Acceleration Test

NSX '91

0-60: 5.583 sec
0-100: 13.550
400m: 13.610
1,000m: 24.927
Top Speed: 188 mph (est.)

NSX Coupe '97

0-60: 4.684 sec
0-100: 11.817 sec
400m: 12.958 sec
1,000m: 23.784 sec
Top Speed: 198 mph (est.)

As you can see, the '97 is clearly faster than the '91 in every field. Interesting thing about the '97 is that it has zero wheelspin when taking off, while the '91 does. But the true deciding factor on which is best will be decided by track performance.

Road Test

Route 5 Clubman is the destination for the road test in this review. Starting off with the '97 Coupe, it felt like any other MR car by having the usual oversteer. The slightest tap on the gas in the corners will kick the tail end out, but can usually be corrected when letting off the gas. After a couple laps I got a 1:02.709.

The '91 NSX. Basking in its premium glory, this was a little slower than the '97. To me, it actually felt more comfortable to drive. Not because it was better handling than the '97, which it wasn't, but maybe because of the car sound. The '91 has a more muffled note compared to the '97, but after a couple laps, I raked in a 1:04.040.

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Legendary (Senna had one :bowdown:)
  • Great to drive once worked with
  • Very competitive for online racing
Cons
  • Both are close to the same performance, thus eliminating the need for two of these

Final Thoughts

These two performed just as I expected, sonnow the real question is "should a duplicate like the '97 be in the game?" That's a tough question. In my opinion, no, because even though it's faster, we already have one that's in the game. I don't mind the '97 being in the game, though it would be nice if PD worked on the quality of it a little bit *cough*. Anyways, my rating for these two is:

9.5/10​

Last edited:
When you say unreal top speeds, you mean unrealistic, right?

But I absolutely love this idea, really makes me want to do the same, with Every car doing a comfort soft power lap around midfield, but then I tried the Saleen s7 on comfort softs and it was an undriveable amount of oversteer.. So I kinda left it there

Anyway keep it up I'll be following this post :)

Car #7: Acura NSX '04

zgUB6gaj68y4PxkYe9_0.jpg

Introduction

I have driven the '04 NSX numerous times in GT6, and right off the bat I can say that it's good. I had one tuned for 500pp nd it proved to be very competitive. You might say that this is a duplicate of the '02 Honda Type R, but this one is different, trust me.

The Looks

The third gen NSX received a major exterior update from the previous version. It now has permanently exposed headlights, a sportier looking body, and six spoked rims. Though this one does appear to be more aggressive looking than the previous generation

The Specs

Right, the specs. This car produces 280 HP @ 7,000 rpm and 224.0 ft-lb of torque @ 5,500 rpm. All this comes from a mid mounted, naturally aspirated, 3,175 cc engine. The car weighs 1,430 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.884 sec
0-100: 12.317 sec
400m: 13.174 sec
1,000m: 24.067 sec
Top Speed: 196 mph (est.)

The '04 had the same attitude as the '97 in the previous review. It had no wheelspin at the start even though it has comfort softs. Eventually, it reached an established top speed of 196 mph, which seems a little too fast for this one but I'll accept it ;).

Road Test

Decided to test this car at good old Laguna Seca. This car requires a little bit of skill if you want to get the most out of it. Punch it in the corners and you're guaranteed to get the tail to kick out. It's really just a matter of working the brakes and throttle, and then it becomes qite fun. After a couple laps, I cranked out a time of 1:44.240.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
  • Competitive
  • Fun car once dealt with
Cons
  • Easily overshadowed by its premium cousin
  • Lesser detailed standard car

Final Thoughts

Once again the NSX showed nothing short of pure excitement. Nothing else can be said because it's about the same as its older brothers. It comes down to if you like new or old, and I'm torn on that decision. My final rating for this car is.....

8.5/10

Last edited:
Car #8: Acura HSC '04

0BjOGFwbKQtHVLMSH_0.jpg

Introduction

So in the GT6 description, it says that this was a possible prototype for a future NSX. That does make sense because the front looks a little like the '01-'04 generation. Not expecting too much from this except maybe a feeling of an NSX.

The Looks

This car has a slightly aggressive look, with the emotional front bumper and a four tailight rear. The rims look like they suit this car, and the side doors have an interesting look as well.

The Specs

The HSC deals out 324 HP @ 7,500 rpm and 260.3 ft-lb of torque @ 5,500 rpm. All this comes from a mid mounted, unknown displacement, naturally aspirated engine. It weighs in at a fairly light 1,150 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.900 sec
0-100: 9.116 sec
400m: 11.933 sec
1,000m: 21.783 sec
Top Speed: 216 mph (est.)

The HSC had some wheelspin at the start, and from there it really took off. Acceleration is pretty quick on this one and I was quite surprised it got to 200 mph so soon. Still, it seems unrealistic that it can hit 216.

Road Test

Decided to test this at none other than Tokyo R246. After three laps, I got a 1:53.510. The feeling of this car is basically that of a modified NSX. It does have the kick of the tail in the corners, it still has the controllable oversteer, and it still has the quickness of a regular NSX, just a bit faster.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Drives much like an NSX
  • Kinda overlooked
  • Good acceleration (I know I'm stressing this)
Cons
  • Hefty price ($750,000 to be exact)
  • Unpaintable
  • Can't change rims or add a wing

Final Thoughts

Well this one kinda surprised me. It drove better than I expected and it felt willing to take on any situation. Main downside is that you could buy a few Ford GTs for the price of this one, but hey, it's a concept. I've only come across this car once online, but that's about it. My rating for this car is.....

8/10​

Last edited:
I personally found the HSC concept (the one from the seasonals) to be incredibly grippy for an MR configuration. I thought I'd have to be much more careful on the throttle through the bends, but found that I could throw this thing around like a 4WD when I took it for a few laps around Deep Forest and Midfield.

Back