Bought T300 RS GT, why am I slow?

• Thread starter Mateusz90
  • 41 comments
I'd connect your pedals to a PC and calibrate them to how you want your braking to feel. Keep an eye on your brake and throttle meter to see if its acting as you'd want it to act.

Updating the wheel is a good idea either way.

It seems controllers may have counter-steering set regardless of settings. Try changing your settings a bit - turning on/off TCS, counter steering, other assists. And/Or post your wheel settings so the t300 people can chime in.
If hes not using the T-LCM then theres no calibration needed.

It takes weeks or even months to get used to using a wheel. I remember when I first used a wheel I was way slower than using a controller

Hi, after 7 hours playing today I still do 1:31:500 on circuit experience at Laguna seca (2 seconds slower as on controller).

I'm not sure why? Could someone provide info how to imptove? I feel like I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but I have not idea what.

The steering wheel is new, should it be updated on PC?
You should have bought hax

The issue I can see is when I am using the wheel I can’t seem to hit 6th gear it stays in 5th, on the controller no problem the car will go to the 6th gear, why is there a issue when using a the wheel on automatic ?
Good question. Can't help as on mine it just changes up with the paddles....:confused:
Are you plugging the wheel into the front port?
That's where mine is. Once I'd updated the firmware on PC, the wheel just works. switched into PS5 mode; red light on base.

Hi, after 7 hours playing today I still do 1:31:500 on circuit experience at Laguna seca (2 seconds slower as on controller).

I'm not sure why? Could someone provide info how to imptove? I feel like I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but I have not idea what.

The steering wheel is new, should it be updated on PC?
Its been like 10 years since I made the switch but I think the main difference for me was the way I entered and exited corners.

When using a controller, I was playing in a way where I was either full lock with steering or in a straight line.. this changed the way you enter and exit corners and how I controlled slides.

The main thing that helped me get quicker on a wheel was to focus on easing into corners and steering out of them.
Then I started working on controlling the throttle better and trail braking :)

Hopefully that helps :)
-Ps: as others have said - it takes time to learn. Thankfully learning on a wheel is good fun

If I only have a Mac, would I be able to update this? I may need an adapter but I wonder if I can still update it via Mac.
Seems like you can but it's a pain in the butt
one guy wrote "Why not install virtual system such as Parallels? I use it every day for work and have been using if for a decade. No issues with it and this is how I update my T300 RS GT."

Seems like you can but it's a pain in the butt
one guy wrote "Why not install virtual system such as Parallels? I use it every day for work and have been using if for a decade. No issues with it and this is how I update my T300 RS GT."
Maybe I’ll do this. But from what I remember someone recently saying, the new M1 laptops can’t run Parallel, but I could be wrong. I may have misread it.

Update:

I've sold the T300... Because I felt in love with this experience. But Thrustmaster was too weak for me. I want more and I am ready for fanatec. Unfortunately GT DD Pro 8nm with LC is still "sold out", so I am waiting to place an order.

My lap times improved a lot on the wheel in comparison to controller.

II will never ever play on controller, it's not fun at all.

IIf someone consider buying a wheel but is not sure if he'll enjoy it I suggest buying g29 instead.
T300 is pricy, g29 is 2x cheaper, and the experience with both wheels will be similar. Both are entry level wheels. If someone fell in love with steering wheel experience than the shift to fanatec may be the right path.

The sad part is that I am without the wheel right now. Hopefully fanatec will be available soon in stock.

Back