Brabham BT62

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
a7de5104b13d6ef32efe3ad3d16246ab.JPG

Dry weight of 972kg, 5.4-litre V8 making 740bhp, and 1200kg of downforce

70 cars at a price of £1 million

The first deliveries will arrive later this year

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/brabhams-new-track-car-has-740bhp-and-1200kg-of-downforce/

Double post, but:

The Brabham BT62, launched in London on Wednesday evening, signals the return of the most famous names in motor sport. The mid-engined, track-focused hypercar is limited to a run of 70, in honour of Jack Brabham's first race 70 years ago, and will cost £1 million with delivery expected later in 2018.

The first 35 BT62s will bear special liveries, celebrating each of the manufacturer's F1 victories, and the name itself is a continuation from Brabham's last F1 effort: the 1992 BT60B.

The carmaker may not be returning to its winning F1 ways, but a Le Mans 24 Hours entry may be on the cards.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/road-cars/brabham-launches-bt62-hypercar

It's got that knockoff GTA sports car vibe to it and I can't seem to find anything I truly like about it. I do like the idea of painting them in a way reminescent to the old Brabhams, but the whole thing just looks like a hodge-podge of every supercar currently available put together.

I'm with others that it looks rather generic. At the same time though, there's still a certain charm about it that helps it stand out. Might be that it's a full-fledged race car; road car would likely lose a lot of its necessary aggressiveness for racing, and be easily forgotten.

Honestly, I think if that had a Pagani or Lamborghini badge on it, it wouldn't be labelled as generic. An unknown or not yet successful manufacturer or a name being revived after being long dead will almost always be called generic at first.

Does it look like a GTA car? Yeah, a little bit. But some GTA cars look great and they take their styling cues from successful, real world cars.

/opinion

Looks like a mutant cross between the new Alpine and the Ford GT with Veneno rear lights. Looks less generic and more vaporware.

I think it looks reasonably good for a startup's effort. It doesn't look very 'man in shed' like most of them do. It actually reminds of a Ridge Racer car, it's quite derivative at the rear but the rest kinda works.

I do wonder if this is actually going to become a reality because we all know the track record with new UK supercar companies!

I think if that had a Pagani or Lamborghini badge on it, it wouldn't be labelled as generic.
It doesn't really bear design language from either, so it probably would. For good or ill, both of those are steeped in particular identifying styling cues.

If this looks anything like either, I'd say it's most like a Lamborghini that's had a go in an oversized rock tumbler.

A car that is pleasurable to look at from all angles. Looks like an amazing combination between Lamborghini and Ferrari visual elements (also the rims appear slightly aggressive and abstract, but not too crazy), along with the front air scoops and resembling the AMG Project One. And look at that engine! Absolutely beautiful car! :)
If this is what we (Australia) can achieve in the hypercar industry, then we're off to a very solid start indeed.

Fittipaldi EF7 mates with McLaren Senna.

With all of these cars coming out named for famous multiple F1 world champions, I wonder when we're going to get a Mercedes Lauda (perhaps Mercedes will rename the Project ONE), or a 650hp Lotus Hill.

From the very beginning, I've been very fond of Brabham cars, so I'm glad to see this one. I once built a winning racing kart with the power to weight ratio of a BT19 F1 car, and if I had the dough I'd buy a BT8 for historical racing!

upload_2018-5-3_13-36-11.jpeg upload_2018-5-3_13-36-11.jpeg upload_2018-5-3_13-36-11.jpeg

Good to see them keep the tradition of the Aussie V8, and good to see Brabham back in the spotlight. Here's hoping thy can generate success from this

Also, does this mean Australia will have a car industry again? :P

Amazing, not a single styling clue that is original or stands out. The bottom front end could be Lamborghini, the top front end Ferrari, the sides and rear end recent McLaren... The color scheme and number maybe?

Back