Bread's GT7 Tunes

• Thread starter bread82
  • 32 comments
England
Oxfordshire
Bread_45
Bread's GT7 Tunes

Bread garage header pic.jpg

Welcome to my GT7 tuning thread. I will post tunes here as I make them in the game. I bought GT7 in late May 2022 so it will take me a while to get going with cars and credits. I am on PS4 at the moment.

Generally, I tune FR cars on relatively “street” settings. So low-ish power on CS-SH tyres. Due to space and time in my house I sadly use a DS4 controller, so that is what the tunes were made on; I don't know how they will behave on a wheel. I run TCS off and ABS off, and have driven this way in previous GT games, I just prefer the feel. The tunes might still be suitable with ABS on, but I haven’t tested this much.

I am more than happy to receive comments and feedback on my tunes. If there is anything you would like to see tuned, feel free to request it. Or if a car is giving you problems with tuning and you'd like me to take a look at it, drop me a line.

TUNES
Nissan Silvia S13 K's Dia. Selection 1990, 500 PP, CS Tyres
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) 1970, 450PP, CS Tyres
Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (AE86) 1983, 450PP, CS Tyres
Jaguar E-Type 1961, 550PP, CS Tyres
A112 Abarth 1985, 450PP, CS Tyres
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II, 1994, 650PP, SS Tyres
Golf I GTI, 1983, 450 PP, CS Tyres
Nissan Fairlady 240Z, 1971, 384.64PP, CH Tyres
BMW M3, 1989, 500PP, CS Tyres
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR, 1996, 550PP, SH Tyres
Toyota GR Supra RZ 2019, 600PP, SH Tyres

TECHNICAL
This section is for any observations, guides, or links to useful other threads/info.

Mechanical tuning upgrades
Brake upgrades
Gearing - when to shift (post I made in another thread, with graphs)
Motec telemetry in GT7 - link to a very useful post by gti_sdn
The Special Parts thread - post by ddm detailing what the parts do.
Neil Roberts' real life damper tuning guide (via Wayback Machine)
Wide tyres have longer life - post by Meythia

Last edited:
Mechanical Tuning Upgrades (irreversible)

This section deals with the mechanical tuning upgrades, such as Bore Up, High Lift Cam etc. These upgrades, once fitted, cannot be removed. To start afresh you will need to install a new engine. Some of the upgrades are rather expensive so it can be difficult to know if you should install them or not.

There is one case in which High Compression Pistons can be temporarily removed: if you fit a turbo or supercharger. The game states the HC Pistons have been removed, but when you remove the forced induction they automatically go back in. I have looked at a few turbo-from-the-factory cars and it looks like they cannot have HC pistons fitted to begin with.

Summary of findings (so far):
Stroke Up: favours low down torque, and decreases redline.
High Lift Cam and Racing crank: only increase peak power, not peak torque, and raise redline.
Engine Balance: favours top end and increases redline.
Bore up, port polish and HC Pistons: increase across the board, no effect on redline

I have not had time to investigate many cars, as I have not had GT7 long and so time, cars, and money are currently in short supply. Therefore this section may not be very accurate or applicable to all cars, I hope to revise it in the future. It also does not include the secret parts that can be won by roulette tickets. There is a forum thread analysing these parts.

Test cars were a Mini-Cooper S ’65 and a Silvia Q’s. Both came from the used car dealer. No oil changes or other maintenance were performed.

The Mini had all mech tuning parts fitted sequentially, and the percent increase in power and torque were noted along with any rev changes. The Silvia did not have parts fitted, but by selecting each in the tuning shop without buying, the power and torque improvements could be noted vs the stock car (but there is no info on any effect on redline or rev behaviour). Some parts increase engine redline, and only the Stroke Up decreases the redline. Some parts seem to increase the peak torque and peak power by the same amount, others favour top or bottom end of the rev range, usually the top end.

Remember the Mini had upgrades added sequentially, so one adds on to the previous, they are not vs stock.

Mini Cooper S ’65, sequentially added.
Part Name
BHP, Percent peak BHP increase (stock is 64@6400 rpm)Tq/kgfm, Percent peak Tq increase (stock is 7.6@5000 rpm)Redline change (stock is 7000)Comments
HC Pistons67, 4.7%7.9, 3.9%n/aBoth~4%
Bore Up69, 3.0%8.2, 3.8%n/aBoth~3-4%
HL Cam73, 5.8% (@ 6900)8.2, Nil% (@5400)7400, +400rpm (maybe 5.7%)Round 400 rpm increase may be a fixed value, not percentage? Power +500rpm?
R Crank75, 2.7% (@7100)8.2, Nil% (@5600)7622, +222 rpm (+3% revs)Peaks both +200 rpm
Port Polish77, 2.7%8.4, 2.4%n/a
Eng Balance82, 6.5% (@7400)8.5, 1.2% (@5800)8003, +381rpm (+5% revs)Favours top end
Stroke Up85, 3.7% (@7300)8.9, 4.7% (@5700)7843, -160 rpm (-2% revs)Reduces redline, may favour low torque but could be equal (~1% difference is within calculation uncertainties)

You can see that the rev-increasing parts really start to stack up. Note that upgrading the ECU (a removable part) gives a 3% rev boost too. With all mecha upgrades except Stroke Up fitted, and using only a sports ECU (and no filters, exhausts etc), the Mini now redlined at 8243 rpm, 87 BHP@7700, 8.8 kgfm@6000, vs its stock redline of 7000 rpm, 64 BHP@6400, 7.6 kgfm@5000. Quite a revvy little engine!

The Silvia Q’s did not have upgrades installed and so these are the predicted numbers given by the Tuning Shop, over stock. No RPM data is therefore available. The car is higher powered which gives better resolution for percentage increases. Some percentages seem a little higher than for the Mini, but this might just be rounding errors (the game does not give fractions of a BHP, only integers).

Silvia Q’s, tuning shop figures.
Part Name
BHP, Percent peak BHP increase (132@6400 rpm stock)Tq/kgfm, Percent peak Tq increase (16.1@5200 rpm stock)Redline change (stock is 8000)Comments
HC Pistons140, 6.1%17.1, 6.2%?
Bore Up139, 5.3%17.0, 5.6%?
HL Cam139, 5.3%16.1, Nil%?Only top end
R Crank139, 5.3%16.1, Nil%?Only top end
Port Polish135, 2.3%16.6, 3.1%?
Eng Balance143, 8.3%16.8, 4.3%?Favours top end
Stroke Up137, 3.8%17.1, 6.2%?Favours bottom end

Notes:

Precision: Dealing with low BHP cars means the percent increases could suffer from rounding errors. e.g. for a 100 BHP car, if an upgrade gives 110 BHP then that is 10%. But as the HP figures are given to the nearest whole number, you could actually have had a 99.5 BHP car upgraded to 110.49999 BHP, which is actually an 11% increase. Or you could have had a 100.49999 BHP car upgraded to only 109.5 BHP, which is only a 9% increase. Therefore the percentages you see from an upgrade could be roughly plus or minus 1%. The Mini starts off with only 64 BHP so these uncertainties would be slightly bigger, and the Silvia is over 100 BHP so will have slightly smaller uncertainties! I have naughtily given the answers to 1 decimal place in case any further trends come to light, but they are roughly +/-1% so don’t read too much into small differences.

Order/Stacking of upgrades: My best guess is that the order of upgrades doesn’t affect the final result. For removable tuning parts (filters, exhausts etc), I have seen no difference in order applied, and the individual percentages seem to stack. I am assuming this also applies to the permanent upgrades; only by testing more cars can this be proven/disproven. In some earlier GT games, there were differences for turbo vs NA cars when applying exhaust upgrades (turbos got more % increase from an uprated exhaust). I haven’t tested this in GT7 yet.

Peak BHP/Tq @ rpm: My observation is that the dyno curves are “bent” by the various upgrades. This can lead to peak figures occurring at new RPMs. The peak figures are always given in 100 rpm increments, whereas the redline can be a specific number e.g. 7622 rpm. In some cases I have seen peak rpms move rapidly from adding an additional air filter, if and only if, certain other upgrades are fitted. I therefore think it is likely that at least some parts don’t always just carry a certain rpm peak shift, rather the dyno curve is operated on by a mathematical function for each upgrade, and these can sometimes tip the curve to where a peak is moved suddenly. Particularly if the torque curve is very flat, then a small change might shift the peak 500 rpm… but in effect the torque is basically the same the whole way across the flat portion, minor variations are moving the exact “peak”. If the "off peak" torque on the rest of the flat is 99% of "peak" torque, you aren't going to notice or care.

Idle RPM: The Mini seems to idle at ~800 rpm from the in game tacho no matter what upgrades are applied. Adding upgrades can extend the dyno curve to higher redline, but the lowest dyno figure also advances e.g. to 1500 rpm. My observation is that the dyno curve is just being abbreviated, you do not actually idle at 1500 rpm (which would kind of be cool and realistic for a very hot camshaft!).

Displacement increase: For both the Mini and Silvia, Boring or Stroking gave a 2.5% cc increase.

Last edited:
Great detailed write up. I will like to add that engine balance also improves the responsiveness of the engine.

Also, the high RPM camshaft may or may not be beneficial. As it can add unnecessary RPMs to where the engine is not making enough power to create constant acceleration. So once it's past peak HP RPM, the rate of acceleration decreases before you hit redline. This is evident in the BRZ/GT86 (pre-2021 models), the Nissan Fairlady Z 432, R32 GT-R, and the latest Suzuki Swift for example. However, this is the complete opposite if you install this in the Honda S2000.

Granted this can be mitigated a bit with adjusting the gear ratios and/or final drive. Or by making a mental note of where peak HP is made on the tachometer, and shifting near at/near this RPM.

Thanks alx, nice info on the cams, I shall watch out before installing (and you have a Z 432, I am jealous, lovely car!). I wish PD had made the cam installation reversible, it's doable in real life.

I shall have to check out some of the revvy upgrades on an S2000, its gonna make 10,000 rpm plus.

Port Polish seems a bit variable on different cars, I'm getting a couple of BHP on weak cars like the Mini, but some more powerful cars are only showing +3 BHP in the tuning shop even when they have 4x the initial HP of the mini. Maybe its not a straight percentage for all cars or is dependent on other upgrades?

Brakes

There are a range of brake upgrades in GT7 for both pads and discs. Pads are either Original, Sports, or Racing. Discs are either Original, Sports, Racing (slotted), Racing (drilled), or Carbon. Installing better brakes will raise the car’s Performance points, but the incremental effect for pads is smaller than for discs. On my Silvia Q’s test car, the PP increase steps meant that OE discs with Racing pads had a lower PP than Sports discs with just OE pads. Likewise Sports discs with Racing pads were outranked by Racing discs on even OE pads. So there is a continuum or ladder of Disc1(Pad1, Pad2, Pad3), Disc2(Pad1,Pad2,Pad3) etc.

Interestingly, both types of Racing (slotted or drilled), and Carbon discs have the exact same PP. The tuning shop advises that Racing slotted and drilled are equal in performance, but the Carbons being equal are a little surprising.

These PP differences are borne out in some “lock the wheels” braking tests I have done, higher PPs brake setups lock wheels easier/more quickly.

Summary:

Upgrade brakes as you upgrade tyres.
Pads are smaller upgrades than discs.
Don’t always just slap the biggest brakes on (especially if ABS is off).
High speed tracks will usually need bigger brakes.
Altering brake balance will overall weaken brakes, so you may need bigger ones to counter.

What brakes should I fit?

The most important factor when deciding which brakes to fit is: what tyres am I running? The reason is this; the brakes should be capable of locking the wheels (really this means overwhelming tyre grip - locking the tyres). Weak brakes with grippy racing tyres will never lock, the brakes will be at full capacity but still the tyre could take more. You are therefore under-braked for your tyre setup (or conversely, over-tyred for your brake setup). If you fit better brakes then the tyre will be used to a fuller extent and your braking performance will increase, your stopping distance will decrease, and this means faster lap times.

You can check if you are under-braked by doing some test runs and doing emergency stops. If you are using no ABS, then you will hear the tyres squeal, smoke, and eventually the tyre indicator on the HUD will turn red. If you have ABS on (weak or default), then the ABS light will flash to indicate you are locking the tyres and the ABS had activated. Be aware that the ABS will trigger quite easily, but with no ABS you can get a lot of squealing before the tyre indicators finally turn red; the ABS, if it were on, would already have activated. Straight line braking is a good default test (have a couple of decent straights on your track, or go to one of the speedways or SSRX if you have it unlocked). It’s a little unrealistic for most track uses, but it’s a good standard test under controlled conditions. If you are on a twisty track and trail brake then you will get different wheel lock situations as the tyre loadings are different and uneven. So it’s best to first get a ballpark brake setup on the straights, then you can put it to test on the twisty bits as a second stage. Watch those tyre indicators/ABS light!

As you fit and test better and better brake combos, you will move from:

i) Cannot lock the brakes at all. (this stage may not occur with CH tyres even on weak standard brakes).

ii) Brakes don’t lock instantly but as the car slows, they will lock.

iii) Brakes lock promptly, even at high speed.

iv) Brakes have a hair trigger (most likely on Comfort tyres with fully upgraded brakes, may not occur with Racing tyres even on the best brakes).

You generally want to be somewhere around iii). But it’s better to have too much brake than not enough (if using ABS). If your car can’t lock at high speed then that’s performance being left on the table, but if they lock quickly at high speed they will lock too easily at low speed. If you have ABS off, hair trigger brakes like this are especially problematic, you will lock wheels too easily and slide. With ABS on then you have a very good safety net, so won’t be punished severely by large brakes, but remember that it’s not perfect. If you just dump the brakes, let the ABS sort it out and steer into a corner at full brake with ABS flashing, you will partially lose steering ability (although you will still have some steering). Some pedal control is still useful.

Tyres still turn red even with ABS on, it’s just a lot, lot milder and slower to happen. I have not carried out durability tests but presumably with tyre wear on, cooking your tyres will drastically reduce tyre life (as in previous GT games)

You ideally want to be able to lock at full brake pedal but have a good range of sensitivity before that.

Minimum Required Brakes - Silvia Q’s

Results for my 100mph 0-mph brake test, default brake balance, no ABS, the fronts are always the ones to lock. These brake pad/discs will eventually lock but not straight away at 100 mph, so these are the bare minimum, go one or two pads better if you want better lock at high speed in a straight line. I don’t know how this will translate to other cars.

TyreMin Brake/Pad needed to lockTyreMin Brake/Pad needed to lockTyreMin Brake/Pad needed to lock
CHOE/OESHSp/OERHRc/OE
CMOE/OESMRc/OERMRc/OE
CSSp/OESSRc/OERSRc/Rc!!!

Brake Balance

If you are using the Brake Balance controller and adjust brake balance e.g rearwards, then this will work by weakening front brakes (the brake pedal bar meter has red bits at the top, indicating decreased overall power). Therefore you lose braking force overall and might need to use a bigger brake to begin with.

In general, I usually investigate brake balance with ABS off. You can see which tyres lock that way. Try adjusting rearwards to get your rear tyres to do a bit more work, then check the handling particularly at corner entry. You can then turn ABS back on if you prefer driving with it, and check handling again, but at least you know you’ve tried to maximise all four wheels’ braking ability.

If you just tune with ABS on, the ABS light will flash but you won’t always know which wheel(s) were trying to lock up.

Note that brake balance “zero” does not mean front and rears are equal strength, it’s just the factory starting position, which is front brakes stronger for every car I have heard of in real life (often 66% front 33% rear or similar). The +/- adjustments are just offsets from that factory default. So feel free to bias the rears in GT7, you’ll soon know if you’ve overdone it as the back end will come out when trail braking. Usually this is worse on MR drivetrain cars. If this happens after a brake adjustment then un-bias the brakes a notch (or tune around it with other settings).

Tyre G

Tyre max G will vary depending on car and setup. On my Silvia Q’s, stock, the lateral G (40 mph slow speed) ratings from the settings menu were:

CH0.82SH1.05RH1.25
CM0.90SM1.09RM1.29
CS0.99SS1.16RS1.33

These figures seem quite realistic. If a road car can pull 1G on its factory tyres it’s doing very well.

Notes

I have not tested aero cars. These can pull more G and so the tyres’ Max G increases and I think you will need bigger brakes. For Racing tyres (which you would expect aero race cars to be wearing), you will probably need the best brakes you can get).

I have not tested if brakes can fade, wear, or have an optimum temperature. There’s no telemetry for this in GT7 so it’s not possible to say if it’s even modelled. The fact that fuel and tyre wear are not always on means that I would probably turn both on before testing in case any brake model is linked to tyres.

Using OE stock pads with large aftermarket Brembo calipers is a little weird, but it is viable in game. In real life, applying stock pads to the abuse given in a typical GT7 “track day” would likely result in mega brake fade or even pads disintegrating.

Thanks alx, nice info on the cams, I shall watch out before installing (and you have a Z 432, I am jealous, lovely car!). I wish PD had made the cam installation reversible, it's doable in real life.

I shall have to check out some of the revvy upgrades on an S2000, its gonna make 10,000 rpm plus.

Port Polish seems a bit variable on different cars, I'm getting a couple of BHP on weak cars like the Mini, but some more powerful cars are only showing +3 BHP in the tuning shop even when they have 4x the initial HP of the mini. Maybe its not a straight percentage for all cars or is dependent on other upgrades?
That Z is awesome (the sound alone is worth the money). I wouldn't go out of your way to buy it, as it's a prize car for getting all golds in the Human Comedy mission races. So now I have two of them. :lol: But yeah, the high-RPM camshaft can be useful. Personally, I tend to stay away from it as it doesn't increase the torque in the engine (at least the ones I've added it to). I think the racing crankshaft works the same way.

I think you should be able to get the S2000 to rev to 10K rpm if you don't increase the stroke. Same with the NSX Type R (latest version), and it can definitely be done with the RX8. I need try it with the 90's Civic and Integra Type R.

I think you're correct about the port & polish. It can vary. I know there's a noticeable increase on the latest Camaro and Corvette, yet smaller on the NSX Type R. So it could be determined by engine displacement and cylinder count

Bread S13 Silvia K’s Dia Selection 1990, PP500(499.05) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 499.05

Max. Power: 233 BHP @ 6600 rpm

Max Torque: 30.1 kgf.m @ 4200 rpm

Weight: 1048 kg

Parts

Fully Custom ECU: 81%
Power Restrictor: 100%
Ballast: N/A

Turbo: Medium RPM
Intercooler: Racing
Anti-Lag: N/A

Air Cleaner: Racing
Silencer: Semi-Racing
Exh. Mani.: Racing

Clutch & Flywheel: Semi-racing

Traction & Braking

TCS: 0

Tyres: CS

Brake System: Racing (slotted)
Brake Pads: Sports
Brake Bal: 5 (rear)

Suspension (f/r) Fully adjustable

RH: 110/115 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.95/1.85 Hz (note this had a bigger effect on taming oversteer than ARB)

ARB: 5/2

DampC 35/35 %

DampR 45/45 %

Camber(-) 2.5/3.0 deg

Toe 0.00/In0.30 deg

Aero

Downforce: 0/0

LSD

IT: 5

Accel: 10

Decel: 5

Transmission (shift at redline 7416 rpm)

Gear: Ratio/speed kph

1st: 3.000/60

2nd: 2.251/80

3rd: 1.688/107

4th: 1.266/142

5th: 0.949/196

FD: 4.600 (adjust for specific track)

Notes: My first tune in GT7, consider this a beta test as I will likely revise it, comments welcome. In particular I have not yet investigated the best way, in terms of parts, power and weight tuning, to hit 500PP. Compared to GT Sport, this car handles differently, power oversteer is easier to achieve which required different suspension settings to tame. She is still easily driftable, especially as turbo lag is now modelled, so feed in the throttle gently. In case of the damping percentages, the available ranges are around half of GT Sport, clearly PD have changed their settings.

Last edited:
Bread S13 Silvia K’s Dia Selection 1990, PP500(499.05) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 499.05

Max. Power: 233 BHP @ 6600 rpm

Max Torque: 30.1 kgf.m @ 4200 rpm

Weight: 1048 kg

Parts

Fully Custom ECU: 81%

Clutch & Flywheel: Semi-racing

Traction & Braking

Brake System: Racing (slotted)

RH: 110/115 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.95/1.85 Hz (note this had a bigger effect on taming oversteer than ARB)

DampC 35/35 %

DampR 45/45 %

Camber(-) 2.5/3.0 deg

Toe 0.00/In0.30 deg

Aero

LSD

Transmission (shift at redline 7416 rpm)

1st: 3.000/60

2nd: 2.251/80

3rd: 1.688/107

4th: 1.266/142

5th: 0.949/196

FD: 4.600 (adjust for specific track)

Notes: My first tune in GT7, consider this a beta test as I will likely revise it, comments welcome. In particular I have not yet investigated the best way, in terms of parts, power and weight tuning, to hit 500PP. Compared to GT Sport, this car handles differently, power oversteer is easier to achieve which required different suspension settings to tame. She is still easily driftable, especially as turbo lag is now modelled, so feed in the throttle gently. In case of the damping percentages, the available ranges are around half of GT Sport, clearly PD have changed their settings.
Excited about this. I’ve got a S15 engine in my catalogue that can be swapped into this chassis.

I’m thinking I’ll pull the trigger and use your suspension settings and aim for 600pp or so.

I’ll let you know how I go……. Need to make a livery before hitting the track, so could be a day or 2.

Wow, I didn't realise that engine swap combo existed, sounds nice.

You might want to drive the S13 unswapped first to see if my tune fits you. But I have tried my tune with the high rpm turbo on and it's still driveable, so I think it can take more power to some degree.

Transmission or shift points might need a tweak if the powerband is a different shape, mine is set for ~5500-7400. Good luck :cheers:

Wow, I didn't realise that engine swap combo existed, sounds nice.

You might want to drive the S13 unswapped first to see if my tune fits you. But I have tried my tune with the high rpm turbo on and it's still driveable, so I think it can take more power to some degree.

Transmission or shift points might need a tweak if the powerband is a different shape, mine is set for ~5500-7400. Good luck :cheers:
What
a
blast

Its got 440Bhp and weighs the same as yours..... plenty of mid corner oversteer, which is so much fun at Tokyo. A little too fun perhaps as I got two 5 second penalties for pushing the limits and having the back end hit the barrier quite hard.

Had to get used to driving this car different. Its not fast through the twisty section, so you just have to keep momentum up and keep it smooth. Managed 2:12 when I got it all right. Fastest sectors say I can get it to a 2:11. Its fun having all the power on the straights. I'm able to hit 300kph before the braking zone of T1

4th with a margin of 16 seconds...... Would have got Gallo, but the penalties were too much to overcome.

Didnt even think about testing stock settings........ oops.

Thanks for the tune

Bread Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) 1970, PP450(449.76) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 449.76

Max. Power: 174 BHP @ 7200 rpm

Max Torque: 19.3 kgf.m @ 5700 rpm

Weight: 1100 kg

Parts

Fully Custom ECU: 100%

Turbo: None
Intercooler: None

Exh. Mani.: Normal

Clutch & flywheel: Sports

Traction & Braking

Brake System: Sports
Brake Bal: 3 (rear)

RH: 120/150 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.80/1.80 Hz

ARB: 4/3

DampC 25/28 %

DampR 35/35 %

Camber(-) 3.0/3.0 deg

Toe: Out 0.20/In 0.30 deg

Aero

LSD

IT: 8

Accel: 12

Transmission (shift at redline 8240 rpm)

1st: 3.000/63

2nd: 2.160/87

3rd: 1.555/122

4th: 1.120/169

5th: 0.806/252

FD: 4.800 (adjust for specific track)

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba. This car was actually very nice to drive stock. I have elected for a few power upgrades to reach 450 PP, but no weight reduction (the car is quite low powered and a reasonable weight from stock, so I felt spending the points on power was the way to go). There is a little power oversteer but I hope the settings have helped. The LSD is about on the limit for aggressiveness, any more and I’m lighting up the rears and drifting too easily. You could set it lower for more stability but then will lose tractive force from inner wheel spin.

I am looking to make a 500-550PP version of this car sometime on SH tyres, but want to play with her as-is for the moment before committing to engine upgrades.

Last edited:
Bread Corolla Levin 1600 GT Apex (AE86) 1983, PP450(449.08) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

GT Auto parts

Front: Type A

Side: Type B

Rear: Standard

Wing: Type B

Alloy Wheels: Work Meister M1R, 15”

Base Performance

PP: 449.08

Max. Power: 165 BHP @ 7600 rpm (Redline 8688 rpm)

Max Torque: 17.0 kgf.m @ 5900 rpm

Weight: 874 kg

Tyres

CS/CS

Suspension (FC)

RH: 105/115 mm

DampC 25/25 %

DampE 35/35 %

Nat.Freq: 1.75/1.85 Hz

Camber(-) 2.5/1.0 deg

Toe: Out 0.05/ 0.00 deg

LSD

IT: 7

Accel: 20

Aero

Downforce: 10/100

ECU

Fully Customisable: 100 %

Transmission (shift at redline 8688 rpm)

1st: 2.347/93

2nd: 1.733/127

3rd: 1.379/159

4th: 1.144/192

5th: 1.000/23

FD: 4.100 (adjust for specific track)

Nitrous/Overtake

N/A

Supercharger

N/A

Intake & Exhaust

Air Cleaner: Sports
Silencer: Sports
Exh. Mani: Normal

Brakes

Brake System: Normal
Handbrake: Normal
Brake Balance: Brake Controller, 0 (no adjustment needed for these tyres and brakes)

Steering

N/A

Drivetrain

Clutch & Flywheel: Sports
Prop. Shaft: Normal

Engine Tuning

Engine Balance
Polish Ports
High Lift Cam
Racing Crank Shaft

Weight Reduction Stage 1

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba and Suzuka. I have elected to make her, in this guise, as an NA ripper, hence all the mechanical tuning upgrades. The engine is peaky in that it doesn’t fall off much before redline, and the gears I decided to use are based on a real life Quaife gearset (Wikipedia has Quaife and TRD gearset information).

In an effort to get the most from the car I experimented with high (for me) LSD Accel. I find this manageable but it required zero toe to work. Adding rear toe in (which is usually thought to stabilise the rear of a RWD car) gave a more sudden transition to red outside tyre and power oversteer. This seems new to GT7 and occurs on several cars. It is hard to say if there is any more grip, up until the point the rear lets go. Possibly the initial slip angle from the toe means the ultimate slip angle of the outside wheel becomes too large, or maybe this is a quirk of GT7 physics. The stability index shows less understeer for either toe in or toe out, reinforcing my feelings from driving that zero toe is the most stable.

Bread Jaguar E-Type Coupe, 1961, PP550(549.49) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 549.49

Max. Power: 359 BHP @ 6000 rpm

Max Torque: 44.8 kgf.m @ 4500 rpm

Weight: 1181 kg

Parts

Ballast: 11 kg @ 0 pos

Silencer: Racing

Clutch & flywheel: Semi-Racing

High lift cam
HC Pistons

Weight Red. Stage 1

Wheels: Enkei 92, 16 inch, wide rim, wide offset (the nicest looking “spoke” alloys I could find)

Traction & Braking

RH: 100/135 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.75/1.75 Hz

ARB: 7/4

DampC 29/ 24 %

DampR 37/39 %

Camber(-) 1.7/2.0 deg

Toe: In 0.10/In 0.15 deg

Aero

LSD

Decel: 10

Transmission (shift at redline 7004 rpm)

1st: 2.500/90

2nd: 1.690/134

3rd: 1.300/174

4th: 1.000/227

5th: 0.769/346

FD: 3.310 (adjust for specific track)

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba, Suzuka and a little on other tracks. This car was a challenge from the start, as it had severe oversteer when starting to apply throttle (seems kinda common in GT7…), doubly so at high speed. This is not completely gone, but the main settings that helped were some rake in the ride height, and overall stiffening the ARBs. The ride height rake made the car oversteer on entry but tamed exit behaviour. The anti roll bars helped add a little understeer back, to give decent corner entry, and overall stability. Just adding anti roll bars made the car unwilling to turn in and only helped cure the power oversteer a little.

Trying other settings to add understeer, gave understeer everywhere except corner exit. This was nasty as the car would be tame or even lazy on entry and mid corner, before having a personality change and spinning the second you touched the throttle.

Even lowering the LSD accel was of limited help, usually this cures power oversteer. But for this car the telemetry app was showing inner wheel spin, the diff was opening but yet the car still power oversteered. The outside rear tyre gets very hot regardless.

Bread A112 Abarth, 1985, PP450(449.97) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 449.97

Max. Power: 148 BHP @ 6900 rpm

Max Torque: 16.1 kgf.m @ 6600 rpm

Weight: 710 kg

Parts

Ballast: 46 kg @ 50 pos

Exh. Mani.: N/A

Clutch & flywheel: Racing

Weight Red. Stage 1

Traction & Braking

Brake Bal: 2 (rear)

RH: 145/175 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.90/1.95 Hz

ARB: 3/7

DampC 24/ 24 %

DampR 34/34 %

Camber(-) 2.0/1.0 deg

Toe: In 0.10/In 0.10 deg

Aero

LSD

Accel: 15

Transmission (shift at redline 7725 rpm)

1st: 2.600/68

2nd: 1.850/97

3rd: 1.300/139

4th: 1.000/181

5th: 0.830/233

FD: 4.100 (adjust for specific track)

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba, Suzuka and a little on Deep Forest. The toe in is critical at high speed >100 mph as the steering becomes super twitchy otherwise, but you could set toe to zero all around if you’re on a low speed track and want to have fun tossing the car around. It will initiate a drift if you jump off the brakes and chuck her in. Try to catch her with medium throttle and steering.

The weight is a little over standard but the ballast was added to neutralise the weight distribution which started at a hefty 60:40. Coupled with the rear anti roll bar, this helps to remove any understeer typical of a FF car. The LSD is reasonably understeer resistant and will pull you round the corner with a little throttle control. A bit of front camber was added to help initial turn in slice and stabilise the car under power application when you are still steering.

To be honest the stock LSD was very good, I mainly fitted the FC LSD as it drops the PP rating allowing further mods. The stock gearbox was also not bad but ran out of revs in top gear with the car’s added power.

The flywheel was added to round out the PP but actually has a very good effect on the acceleration stats. Possibly it was a better bet than adding more power parts, given the PP limit of 450.

The turbo, on this tiny 1 litre, pumps a whopping 1.5 bar of boost. Enjoy the spool hiss as it propels your little metal box down the next straight.

Bread Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II, 1994, PP650(649.90) SS Tyres TCS off ABS on DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 649.90 PP

Max. Power: 586 BHP @ 7200 rpm

Max Torque: 67.0 kgf.m @ 6200 rpm

Weight: 1500 kg

Parts

Ballast: 0 kg @ 0 pos

Turbo: High-RPM
Anti-Lag: Strong

Silencer: Racing

Weight Red. Stage 1

Wheels: Enkei 92, 16 inch, wide rim, wide offset (the nicest looking “spoke” alloys I could find)

Traction & Braking

Tyres: SS

Brake System: Racing
Brake Pads: Racing

RH: 110/140 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.90/2.10 Hz

ARB: 4/6

DampC 35/ 35 %

DampR 45/45 %

Camber(-) 3.0/2.0 deg

Toe: 0.00/In 0.20 deg

Aero

Downforce: 100/152

LSD

Accel: 30

Decel: 10

Torque-Vectoring Centre Diff: Default

Transmission (shift at flashing bar ~79 00 rpm)

1st: 2.720/99

2nd: 1.900/142

3rd: 1.333/202

4th: 1.000/270

5th: 0.785/365

FD: 3.750 (adjust for specific track)

GT Auto Parts

Front, Side, Rear, Wing: Type A

Roll Cage: Type C

Wheels: 18” (+1), Wide Rim. (I chose Work Meister M1R, they look similar to the stock wheels)

Notes: Tested at various tracks. She should oversteer slightly at full throttle. If you lift, this will become understeer so it’s often best to keep the gas floored and use the steering to adjust course. The given final drive will be pretty much max speed if you’re going for Wangan/LeMans/SSRX.

Bread Golf I GTI, 1983, PP450 (449.05) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 449.05

Max. Power: 144 BHP @ 6800 rpm

Max Torque: 17.5 kgf.m @ 4200 rpm

Weight: 792 kg

Parts

Fully Custom ECU: 99%

Turbo: Medium N/A
Intercooler: N/A

Clutch & flywheel: Semi Racing

Bore Up

Engine Balance

HL Cam

Weight Red. Stage 2

Traction & Braking

Brake Bal: 0

RH: 110/125 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.70/1.85 Hz

ARB: 4/7

DampC 31/ 31 %

DampR 34/34 %

Camber(-) 2.0/1.0 deg

Toe: 0.00/Out 0.10 deg

Aero

LSD

Transmission (shift at redline 7354 rpm)

1st: 3.500/60

2nd: 2.485/84

3rd: 1.764/119

4th: 1.250/168

5th: 0.860/253

FD: 3.667

GT Auto Parts

BBS RS Wheels, 14”(+1), Wide, Offset

Roll Cage Type C

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba/Suzuka. The gearbox just allows wheelspin in 1st from a standing start, and has a portion of additional revs above top speed for drafting/downhill, so should be suitable for most tracks without further adjustment.

Last edited:
Bread Nissan Fairlady 240Z, 1971, 384.64 PP CH Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 384.64

Max. Power: 164 BHP @ 5700 rpm

Max Torque: 22.5 kgf.m @ 5100 rpm

Weight: 1010 kg

Parts

Turbo: Medium N/A

Clutch & flywheel: Semi Racing

Increased body rigidity

Traction & Braking

Tyres: CH

RH: 110/160 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.90/1.50 Hz

ARB: 7/5

DampC 25/ 31 %

DampR 33/41 %

Camber(-) 1.7/2.0 deg

Toe: Out 0.10/Out 0.10 deg

Aero

LSD

Accel: 15

1st: 3.780/54

2nd: 2.320/88

3rd: 1.620/126

4th: 1.270/161

5th: 1.000/205

6th: 0.790/278

FD: 4.110

GT Auto Parts

Work M.C.O Racing CS Wheels, 15”(+1), Wide, Offset

Roll Cage Type C

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba/Suzuka/The ‘Ring. The gearbox has ratios from a 350Z, just for fun, as someone did this in real life. Springs and dampers provided by the GT7 Tuning Calculator.

This was a mild tune with no specific PP target. Enjoys being steered with throttle and aggressively chucked into corners, grip/drift or a bit of both.

Last edited:
Bread BMW M3, 1989, 499.92 PP CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 499.92

Max. Power: 253 BHP @ 7500 rpm

Max Torque: 25.9 kgf.m @ 7000 rpm

Weight: 1104 kg

GT Auto Parts

None

Parts

Turbo: N/A

Engine Balance Tuning

Weight Reduction: Stage 1

Traction & Braking

RH: 110/130 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.75/1.66 Hz

ARB: 4/4

DampC 23/23 %

DampR 31/31 %

Camber(-) 1.5/1.0 deg

Toe: 0.00/In 0.10 deg

Aero

LSD

Accel: 22

Transmission (shift at redline 7786 rpm)

1st: 2.778/95

2nd: 2.084/127

3rd: 1.563/170

4th: 1.250/213

5th: 1.000/273

FD: 3.250

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba/Suzuka. The car fells pretty well balanced and likes to be steered with the throttle. It’s therefore quite fun to drift with too.

As an option, I was also testing more aggressive LSD settings. If you’d like to try these, set Nat freq to F1.91/R1.74 Hz, and the LSD to 12/32/5. This is usually higher than I’d go for an LSD on CS tyres but it feels OK. It will be a little more sluggish to turn in tight corners, and a little more oversteery at full throttle, than the normal version.

Hi Bread! Thanks for the tune posts, they have been a very interesting read. I am currently working my way through the starter list of cars and now on to finding a balanced 550pp tune. Interested to see your progress of the “cheap” obtainable cars in GT7.

Just finished tuning on the Civic (EK) Touring @550 using Sport Hard and will start the Integra Type R (DC2) ‘98 (stock) in next few days.

I’ve heard good things about the BMW E30, GR Supra RZ and Lancer Evo IV but waiting for credits before diving too deep into either. Would be cool to see your take on these.

Thanks in advance bud

I think I've got a half complete Evo IV tune somewhere, will have to dig it out, not sure what PP it was at. I'll post it here if I get to a point where I'm happy with it.

For an E30 BMW, my M3 tune above is probably upgradeable to 550 PP by going to sports hard/medium tyres and a few more power tweaks, Stage 2 wt reduction. It's not a big jump in power so the suspension should hold up OK as is, or only need a minor tweak. Nat freq to 1.84/1.74 should stiffen her up enough for sports tyres. (The SM tyres have about 10% more G force capability than CS, 5% more frequency should give ~10% more stiffness, so should end up about evens).

I think I've got a half complete Evo IV tune somewhere, will have to dig it out, not sure what PP it was at. I'll post it here if I get to a point where I'm happy with it.

For an E30 BMW, my M3 tune above is probably upgradeable to 550 PP by going to sports hard/medium tyres and a few more power tweaks, Stage 2 wt reduction. It's not a big jump in power so the suspension should hold up OK as is, or only need a minor tweak. Nat freq to 1.84/1.74 should stiffen her up enough for sports tyres. (The SM tyres have about 10% more G force capability than CS, 5% more frequency should give ~10% more stiffness, so should end up about evens).
Edit: Wide body, Tires and Offset both Wide
Nice one! Yeh that Evo IV is a weapon, got one from UCD while it was limited stock today and bumped it to 649pp with body mods and custom wing on RS. Needs a few tweaks with diff etc but solid on Bathurst so far.

E30 should be simple from what you are telling me. Nice little all-rounder that’s also fun to throw around, not driven it yet though.

Appreciate any help with them

Last edited:
E30 working like a dream! 1.84/1.74 is spot on with Sport/Mediums and the 2nd and 3rd gear ratios are great! Peel outs have been awesome to watch on replay. Currently reduced the ECU to 95 to bring it under 549pp.

Nice job Bread thanks pal I’m onto the Evo now 🤩

Bread Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) 1970, PP450(449.76) CS Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

Parts

Traction & Braking

DampC 25/28 %

DampR 35/35 %

Camber(-) 3.0/3.0 deg

Aero

LSD

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba. This car was actually very nice to drive stock. I have elected for a few power upgrades to reach 450 PP, but no weight reduction (the car is quite low powered and a reasonable weight from stock, so I felt spending the points on power was the way to go). There is a little power oversteer but I hope the settings have helped. The LSD is about on the limit for aggressiveness, any more and I’m lighting up the rears and drifting too easily. You could set it lower for more stability but then will lose tractive force from inner wheel spin.

I am looking to make a 500-550PP version of this car sometime on SH tyres, but want to play with her as-is for the moment before committing to engine upgrades.
Hi Bread,
Is it worth getting two of these when it’s available as one could remain stock?

Yeah if you're not short on cash, no harm in doubling up if they're in stock. I have multiples of some of my fave cars.

I've been having a play with the Evo4. Reckon I've got her mostly where I want her to be. Gonna play with dampers then I'll post her if I'm happy.

Yeah if you're not short on cash, no harm in doubling up if they're in stock. I have multiples of some of my fave cars.

I've been having a play with the Evo4. Reckon I've got her mostly where I want her to be. Gonna play with dampers then I'll post her if I'm happy.
Cheers bud appreciate it, M3 is now a great daily, I’m running your R32 build next up on the Turbo cafe mission I’ll let you know how it goes.

Bread Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR, 1996, 550 PP SH Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 549.28

Max. Power: 387 BHP @ 6700 rpm

Max Torque: 43.7 kgf.m @ 4200 rpm

Weight: 1327 kg

GT Auto Parts

None

Parts

Ballast: 112 kg, Pos 50 (rear)

Silencer: Semi-racing

Traction & Braking

Tyres: SH

Brake Bal: 3 (rear)… 4 is good fun but tends to lead to drifting!

RH: 120/140 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.90/2.84 Hz

DampC 30/ 30 %

DampR 37/40 %

Camber(-) 1.5/1.0 deg

Toe: Out 0.20/ 0.00 deg

Aero

Downforce: 0/20 (default)

LSD (F/R)

IT: 5/5

Accel: 15/30

Decel: 5/5

Torque-Vectoring Centre Diff: 35:65

1st: 2.736/67

2nd: 1.956/93

3rd: 1.400/131

4th: 1.000/183

5th: 0.715/274

FD: 4.529 (adjust to track)

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba/Suzuka./Deep Forest. Tuning this car from stock showed lots of the traditional 4WD understeer, and upgrading to SH tyres meant it was harder to throw her into the corners fully rotated, to then get on the power early and “draw a straight line” out with the understeer. The front tyres were getting shredded mostly on exit but also a little on turn in and mid corner.

I decided against going for a very rear biased differential as whilst this can work, it basically becomes a FR conversion and some of the character of the car is lost. Nonetheless, changes were needed. I ultimately used a combination of:

• Ballast to get the stock 60:40 wt dist to a kinder 55:45.
  • Rear biased springs and ARB to reduce understeer.
  • Rear brake bias to help turn in (also front toe out)
  • Slightly rear biased centre diff to ease the abuse the front tyres were taking.
The car will now wear tyres much more evenly. The points i-iii above are standard practice on FF cars, but I like to use them on 4WD too.

Note that I believe the stock centre diff on this car is identical to the custom 40:60 one. There was no change in PP when selecting the custom one (which came as 40:60 default). The real EvoIV has a viscous coupling in the centre which should divert torque away from a spinning axle based on rpm difference…. Here in GT7 I think it is only modelled as a straight torque split… and even 40% to the front was too much for my taste.

Bread Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR, 1996, 550 PP SH Tyres TCS off ABS off DS4

Power & Weight Overview

PP: 549.28

Max. Power: 387 BHP @ 6700 rpm

Max Torque: 43.7 kgf.m @ 4200 rpm

Weight: 1327 kg

GT Auto Parts

None

Parts

Ballast: 112 kg, Pos 50 (rear)

Silencer: Semi-racing

Traction & Braking

Tyres: SH

Brake Bal: 3 (rear)… 4 is good fun but tends to lead to drifting!

RH: 120/140 mm

Nat.Freq: 1.90/2.84 Hz

DampC 30/ 30 %

DampR 37/40 %

Camber(-) 1.5/1.0 deg

Toe: Out 0.20/ 0.00 deg

Aero

Downforce: 0/20 (default)

LSD (F/R)

IT: 5/5

Accel: 15/30

Decel: 5/5

Torque-Vectoring Centre Diff: 35:65

1st: 2.736/67

2nd: 1.956/93

3rd: 1.400/131

4th: 1.000/183

5th: 0.715/274

FD: 4.529 (adjust to track)

Notes: Tested at Tsukuba/Suzuka./Deep Forest. Tuning this car from stock showed lots of the traditional 4WD understeer, and upgrading to SH tyres meant it was harder to throw her into the corners fully rotated, to then get on the power early and “draw a straight line” out with the understeer. The front tyres were getting shredded mostly on exit but also a little on turn in and mid corner.

I decided against going for a very rear biased differential as whilst this can work, it basically becomes a FR conversion and some of the character of the car is lost. Nonetheless, changes were needed. I ultimately used a combination of:

• Ballast to get the stock 60:40 wt dist to a kinder 55:45.
  • Rear biased springs and ARB to reduce understeer.
  • Rear brake bias to help turn in (also front toe out)
  • Slightly rear biased centre diff to ease the abuse the front tyres were taking.
The car will now wear tyres much more evenly. The points i-iii above are standard practice on FF cars, but I like to use them on 4WD too.

Note that I believe the stock centre diff on this car is identical to the custom 40:60 one. There was no change in PP when selecting the custom one (which came as 40:60 default). The real EvoIV has a viscous coupling in the centre which should divert torque away from a spinning axle based on rpm difference…. Here in GT7 I think it is only modelled as a straight torque split… and even 40% to the front was too much for my taste.
Great work Bread! I’m looking forward to seeing this in action. I had similar questions with the Evo III which you answered for me regarding the diff as stock or custom so this is great to know as I can run them parallel now. Thanks for all the details you have added in too it really does help the fine tuning points

Thanks man, let me know how you get on with her.

Yeah I think the Evo III has the same default diff, later Evos have a 30:70 diff which I guess is made to mimic the real life changes to the Mitsi active yaw control and active centre diff. This is a bit odd as older GT games had a yaw controller for the Evos, I don't know why this is missing in GT7.

The R32 GTR in game has "--" for the default centre diff, my guess is they have a more detailed 4WD model for it's ATTESSA system.

EDIT: EvoIII has a -- for it's default diff, now I'm really confused!

You mentioned the GR Supra in an earlier post... I don't drive many modern cars but I think I have one so will give her a going over. The new Supra is a lovely shape, I've seen a couple on the road.

Last edited:

Power & Weight Overview

Parts

Traction & Braking

DampC 25/28 %

DampR 35/35 %

Camber(-) 3.0/3.0 deg

Aero

LSD

Works equally well at 700pp with the Swap. Just adjust the gearing. Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back