Breaking the AI

United States
El Cajon, California
This is how to break the AI cars and make them spin around.

1. Go to Options.
2. Go to Arcade Mode Settings and set the number of laps to more than 5 and the tire wear to Strong.
3. Exit the Options and go into Arcade Mode.
4. Select any track (not street or dirt tracks). Super Speedway, Nürburgring or Le Mans works best.
5. Select a GT1, LMP or Group C car.
6. In the Driving Options, set the tires to Super Soft.
7. Start the race in either A-Spec or B-Spec and enjoy!

And here's a video.

Last edited:
Hahaha good idea!:lol: My theory that the ai is actually not ai and blindly follows preset driving lines is correct. The AI are pathetic drivers. This is satisfying to watch after having them ram me in rallies and give me the penalties for their mistake:tup:

Hahaha good idea!:lol: My theory that the ai is actually not ai and blindly follows preset driving lines is correct.

That's how AI cars work in basically every racing game - there are lines that they follow, either preset or calculated. They're not actual artificial intelligences observing and reacting to the track and physics engine.

That's how AI cars work in basically every racing game - there are lines that they follow, either preset or calculated. They're not actual artificial intelligences observing and reacting to the track and physics engine.

I guess it would take up too much space in the code to program and AI that changes behavior based on varying conditions like and would be feat in programming in and of itself. I mean it would be great if some sim racing game development team managed to somehow pull it off. In regards to the penalties the computer opponents should have received them as well especially when they were at fault.

EDIT: Wait a minute I just thought of something AI in some racing games do indeed react to conditions in the game changing. Mario Kart for one the AI will try to block you from passing them(as it knows when you're coming close) will set traps to mess your lap up or blast you with shells. Also rubberbanding AI means that the AI will behave differently in some games depending on your standing in the race in this case slowing down or speeding up.

Last edited:
AI awareness is different from pathing. Most games nowadays have the AI constantly check for stuff around them, but they'll still follow a preset trajectory

I tried to add the Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car to Super Speedway 150 Miles Endurance via cheat engine and emulation software. After 25+ Laps and the AI tries to drive the Escudo on the pitstop with tires almost worn-out, it continues to steer on left side until its speed is almost 100+km/h 😂😂. (Sorry I cannot explain well but you can try it on yourself using emulation software and Cheat Engine 😂, there are some tutorials on how to create a custom race on YouTube.)👍

Back