bring back Multi Monitor support to GT

• Thread starter menos | M6
  • 16 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamaica
Jamaica
boesermensch
The very only feature, I am entirely missing in GT6, making it an overall lesser experience when racing, compared to it's predecessor GT5 is multi monitor support.

Please bring back the Multi Monitor feature quickly - it is the one most advanced feature, making racing simulators on video game consoles stand out and it is a feature elevating immersion when racing immensely.

GT6 runs on the PS3, making it likely mandatory to arrange a setup where for each additional monitor one additional PS3 and a copy of GT6 is required (as in former GT versions in the series).

Please bring Multi Monitor support at least to the same level, as it has been in GT5 and additionally EXTEND usability of multi monitors into all parts of the software (automatically extending its use in the menu system, demos, replays, during setups, etc …

The very only feature, I am entirely missing in GT6, making it an overall lesser experience when racing, compared to it's predecessor GT5 is multi monitor support.

Please bring back the Multi Monitor feature quickly - it is the one most advanced feature, making racing simulators on video game consoles stand out and it is a feature elevating immersion when racing immensely.

GT6 runs on the PS3, making it likely mandatory to arrange a setup where for each additional monitor one additional PS3 and a copy of GT6 is required (as in former GT versions in the series).

Please bring Multi Monitor support at least to the same level, as it has been in GT5 and additionally EXTEND usability of multi monitors into all parts of the software (automatically extending its use in the menu system, demos, replays, during setups, etc …

I've been using a triple screen setup for many years with the first four Forzas, and the immersion is fabulous.

From what I've seen, GT5 did possibly an even better job than FM4, and if GT6 supports triple screen, I'll be buying two or three new PS3s and two more copies of GT6.

The ability to see into the next corner and see the car next door is wonderful. I recommend it 100%. Especially now that monitors are much cheaper and so are PS3s.

According to Jordan's sources, it will be in at some point. In GT5 it was not available at release but came later in an update. I'm guessing we will get it in GT6 when we get 3D support (I think these two came together in the GT5 update). I'm anxious for it as well but we have many updates left, hopefully it will be in sooner than later.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/multi-monitor-support-in-gt6.282477/page-2#post-8939414
Thanks for the confirmation that it will be added at some point.

For me though it probably falsely was a given, that this would be a feature so essential and so implemented into the series since already from way back, that you could connect several Playstation units via Ethernet and run a multi monitor setup, that I expected this feature to be there right from the start.

I pre-ordered and purchased three copies of GT6 at the moment, it was confirmed to run on the PS3.
I struggle a lot when racing GT6 now with just this very, very narrow, limited vision of using just one monitor.
It really feels like having to race with one eye shut and the other eye severely limited in it's field of view.

On most cars you cannot even see the rear view mirrors at a glance of an eye, so for a natural thing like checking your mirror or looking over to the side of your car you have to press extra buttons, taking a lot from the immersion of a simulation racer.

I hope this feature does not make it late into the game. I consider it more important than any further bug fixes at the moment.

@menos | M6 I agree. I have 3 23" monitors and together they're gray and I can see so much but with just one it's quite small and constricted feeling. I've resorted to bumper cam and scooting my monitor way closer but when racing two-wide I feel like I have blinders on.

I have faith that it will arrive at some point and try to remind myself we're barely a month into the game's life. Not many people use it so I doubt it's high on their list but hopefully it won't be too long.

I am surprised this isn't higher up the list. Multi screen is fantastic. Is it just me that has gone OTT with three 7 foot projector screens and a whole room dedicated to Yamauchi,s genius?
No, this is not OTT - absolutely natural and normal decision ;-)
I run triple monitors with the PS3 and XBox for some time now. I have given up completely on the XBox though as Microsofts implementation of necessary profiles, online status, installed DLC, etc … was simply unbearable.
I was busy more time, fixing a broken triple screen setup than actually racing.
For this very reason, there will be no new XBox or Forza in my future - a shame, as the Forza franchise has a lot to offer.

With Gran Turismo I have high hopes for the series, having enough good experience now with triple screens, that I definitely want to add more screens, once the upgrade path is clear.

My questions for now are:

When will multi monitor support for GT6 be ready?
Will the next generation Playstation still need one unit per screen to run Gran Turismo?
Which monitor standards will be supported (upgrade path for 2 more or even 5 entirely different monitors).

I am not sure about the monitor format for now, as I run three Asus wide screens (26" ?) and find personally, that the vertical angle of view could ideally be larger, so a different monitor format for multi screen simulators would be better - even mixing formats like one large center screen and 4x 4:3 format screens for the sides, …

For this all to work out, we need to know which options multi monitor support in GT6 will offer - just the same as GT5 or will we enjoy an even more elaborate level of multi monitor support - maybe even a solution for parallax issues, when sitting close up to large display panels?

The online GT6 manual has yet to be updated. I'm hoping we can use the GT5 guide in GTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back