Bring your real life car - autocross and time attackOpen 

Yeah I think they may have too much grip as well but with all the times already recorded I think its a bit late to change everything around now... I know my car corners really well for what it is but I don't think its quite that fast

Yeah, the problem is that everyone was still coming to grips with how this tire system worked. I was honestly guessing at what felt "right." Given that I have AWD, wheelspin is extremely uncommon - impossible, even, on flat, dry tarmac.

So, I basically had no idea what I was doing with the tires, to be honest. It is, by now, far too late to re-do things. Well, unless PD officially changes the tire model again :mischievous: which will leave the current data points invalidated.

i want to replicate my real life car in gt6

my car:

Skoda Fabia 2011 1.6 TDI Diesel
1204 kg
1598 cm³
66 kW (90 HP) at 4200 U/min
230 Nm at 1500 U/min
1. gear 3,778
2. gear 2,118
3. gear 1,269
4. gear 0,865
5. gear 0,660

R. gear 3,600
axis ratio 3,158

0 - 100 km/h: 12,6 s
high speed: 176 km/h
power/weightratio18,2 kg/kW - 13,3 kg/PS

front wheels 165/70R 14
back wheels 165/70R 14

which car in GT6 should i choose? Is there a 1.6 Diesel FWD?

I think so, then just reduce the power with the power limited, you could try and simulate the diesel characteristics by changing gear at the same rpm your car goes to as well.

I have a matt black fiat 500 street 1.2 69hp. It has been lowered cheaply (springs only). Rides on 17s with Continental sport contact tyres. Suggestions for suspension and tyres please. image.jpg

do they all have to be drivable at the instant ? :D im like Freiburger and Finigan :D i have many ; but few are instant ready :D

1 - i hate doing this ; but can i use an Merc 190e to replicate my BMW E30 ? ( its hard to write that for me lol )
the E30 has a euro M3 E36 and 6 speed tranny :D its set up and tuned for the track :D ( pzero nero slics on 17" )
2 - i will do one test with the M3 E46 but its full oem ( or close to ) its only derestricted and remaped.

3 - my 74 corvette as it will be ( it under restoration ) ?? i dont mind not doing it; but it could add times to the list based on a real specs futur build ( light cruiser no fancy crap excepte side pipes :D 350hp is what it should be outputting once done

4 - i also noticed no one put their own real wieght in to the car ... shouldn t we ? :D

5 - ill do a Triumph gt6 mk3 replica on the spitfire ( its done and even the torc is spot on ... 4 speeds but no over drive though )

cheers

I have a matt black fiat 500 street 1.2 69hp. It has been lowered cheaply (springs only). Rides on 17s with Continental sport contact tyres. Suggestions for suspension and tyres please. View attachment 125946
Everything looks better without bras. (Out of context quote FTW) it is quite a nice looking FIAT, though. :) I'd say stock suspension is closest (lowering springs do next-to-nothing for performance), but with sports medium tires.

@Greg330im:

1: Could you find a more accurate car than your car's worst rival? If not, go ahead... But that's just the inner "that's so wrong" speaking.

2: Excellent

3: excellent

4: Maybe for GT7 I will

5: excellent

Conti SC's would be SH by the original post description - they are a top quality road only tyre, similar to a MPS 👍

Conti SC's would be SH by the original post description - they are a top quality road only tyre, similar to a MPS 👍

:dunce: I'm just glad he didn't say "ProContact" :lol: I've got ExtremeContact DW, and I know ProContact. The rest of their line-up, I don't know at all really. :lol:

cool; i just did a few fast test will update them if i retry ;)

i will get the vette on the ring as soon as i fugure out the proper power band and weight. and majorly when i get the chassis specs to what is to fit the car ; i dont intend to leave the rear suspension as is :D im not dumb-dumb ;)

i am not going to do the E30 for the moment as i can not do something based on a car that as said is a rival :D and i know the chassis are different.

the cars IRL :

M3 E46 '04 ( the game sayys 04 but its 02 !! ) on 19" evo rims ( oem m3 rims in 19 you know the CSL rims in the game )
100% stock ( its a recent purchase to replace the E30 on dailly and track ;) ) its going to get blown in after i do up the chassis this mounth or the next: but ill run it stock in the TT
Conti SC M3 tires all round
remap
derestricted ( ecu and gearbox )
no useless options ( satnav and heated seats and all the wieghr wasters are out i didnt want any; the best gps is my droid :D or an updated android ICE.

CL500 "01
stock 306hp 58mkg
1971kg
18" ( option ) AMG rims ( ill get pics tomorow when the sun is out ( its going to rain as i said that )
no mods any.

GT6 "71 :
spitfire front bib ( deflector )
carbs upgraded and tuned by my dad ( he a motor engineer :D )
but still is the light and nimble 2L blck not the heavy 2L5 lump people swap.
but we consider it stock as it only does the 105hp its supposed to ... ( didnt before :D and seems it never did )

so here are the times for the :
M3 E46 SMG2 ( flappy ) 1635kg with driver
on conti sport contact M3 ( yes its written M3 on the tires ) on sports hard ( tried med but its like if i had Pilot sport cup tires of the csl.

19" ( +1 last version rims that look as close to oem as can get )
RH
no mods any as the car is oil changed and runs 7hp wich is allready over the remap values !
+65kg ( me )
ABS 1 'as it cant be turned off easy irl '
TCS 0 ( Easy and i dont use Mtrack mode irl excepte to drive on the road )

the laps times on GT arena 2nd lap on

the ring :
7.51.476 ( one lap test on 2nd lap afeter pit exit )
if it seems close to the cls ; its because of the power output it stupid 361hp to many over stock wich many dont even do in the first place )

that would be : 7.51.436+30.657 = 8.22.093

CL500 ( Auto ) with driver
based on the CL600 ; 1971kh + 65 kg
306hp 58mkg
sports hard
18" amg wheels
TCS 0 ( allways on tracks )
ABS 1

GTarena :

Ring :

total : 8.33.857 + 34.143 = 9.08.000.

Triumph GT6 Mk3 1971 no driver
manual but cant use that with moded GB on the spit ( http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/gt6/GT6specifications.htm)
105ck 158NM
920kg ( could not add myself ass i am at 189kg extra weight. and set in proper place for wieght distrib to match up )
gear box set on 4 speed and diff set on oem settings.. MaxSpeed 200kmh downhilll the wind in your back ;) )
Confort Med tires ( 1971ish style 13" wheels are not what you can call ..grippy but they are not winter compound ;) )

GTArena :

Ring :

total : 9.38.881 + 36.187 = 10.15.068

Last edited:
I don't currently own this vehicle but i did drive it for over 4 yrs, and it was my very first vehicle i drove and paid for myself.

Chrysler PT cruiser- mine was the five speed Touring Edition, so unfortunately they don't have a button to disengage the turbo that is on the automatic version inside gran turismo. BUT my car did not have abs so i did turn that off and ran the lap time completely stock ON COMFORT MEDIUM TIRES since i had all seasonals all year round. so these are what i came up with.

GT Arena - 35.726

Nurb Nordschliefe - 9.36.278

not the most impressive time, but its a lot of fun to drive around the ring and i would do it over and over again 8)

Last edited:
well you probably can get better lap times if you feel you can drive it harder; i know that irl i would not drive like i did in the game on the ring ; i respect le track and car to much to let it loose like in gt. cause you might get it right in gt but irl youll just end up in the rails if not dead.

Official Nurburgring laptimes :

8:22BMW M3 E46Horst von SaurmaSport Auto (12/2000)

just to prove what i said; i dont even come close to driving as fast as the best lap times drviers and still went faster in gt. its too esay to forget Gforce; grip change of the ring is specific; lighting ; people and real life issues ( brake fading, engine not making paper HP (no way a M3 E46 does 367hp stock with a oil change :D , most allready dont make the standard 343 figure...)

i blasated the time ; i think either the tires we base ourselvs on are to soft ( but i still doubt that on pilote sport cup i get 30sec gain irl ) or the cars make way to much power ( i will redoo with the exact power spec but it kills the rev limit and make you have more transmission loss. ) then again 10hp is still not enough for 30sec on the ring.

to many real parameters enter in acount; heat being one; brake fading; and other light problemes you can encounter irl that dont allow a dailly driver car ( out the factory ) to be constant as in gt6.

Again, it's not a perfect science. If it were, well, we'd still be here just to have fun comparing our real life cars and our driving skills.

...Which is the plan for what I'm announcing now: coming soon, we'll be having a tournament style series of bracket races here. We'll be organizing for-fun races. To the ultimate winner, goes the crown of having GTP's fastest car.

Brackets will be decided by me. We'll have 4-6 cars on track, online, at a time. They will be based on the overall times. We'll have splits based on 4-6 cars within (normally) approximately a 2-10 second window. In the most popular brackets, we could even have 4-6 cars within one second.

For example:

@hazzy - Vauxhall Carlton 2.0i '90 - 09:09.113
@hayzues874 - Mazda 3 '08 - 9:09.908
@jsjakesaid - MINI Cooper S '11 - 09:11.357
@bikerbob951 - MINI Cooper S Clubman '10 - 09:14.025
@ITCC_Andrew - Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sport Wagon '05 - 09:14.842
@Slalom - '97 Honda Civic - 9:18.280

That is a 6-car bracket with ~10 seconds between them. We could put Slalom in a different bracket, potentially, to ensure that things are somewhat equal in all brackets, but it seems to be the closest bracket. Everyone takes their replica of their real life car.

For an example of a typical race:

We might have the races organized in a timeslot which tends to work well with all GTP members. We'll announce the race a week in advance, so that there's plenty of time to "opt out." The circuit will be selected (let's say, Motegi) and everyone will show up on time (hopefully). We'll have a bracket each week. Some brackets may have high-horsepower cars with low grip, and may have low-horsepower cars with a lot of grip.
That is to be expected. Drive courteously. Each week, a different bracket/group can be chosen, and - if there's interest - multiple brackets can be run in a week.

We'll also have rallies (organized as proper rallies) and maybe drift events.

I'm hoping to bring together GTP's collection of car guys for some GT6 fun, and maybe start a tradition for in GT7 and so on. Making a racing series/group/club beyond what we've already done (which was successful in itself) will be an excellent "next-step."

Hopefully, eventually, we'll have enough interest to have 16 car brackets with brackets for every second.

So, Phase 2 is beginning here: post your thoughts! :D

Tried this out to see what was up with my real car, 2000 Sub Impreza RS2.5 sedan with SH/17" and reinforced suspension... most unimpressive 00:09:37 Ring time. I'll try my Dodge truck next time.

I'll stick to the virtual cars that I will never ever get to even breath on. And I've driven Viper, Vette, Porsche, Ferrari, Muscle car etc.

Last edited:
Tried this out to see what was up with my real car, 2000 Sub Impreza RS2.5 sedan with RH/17" and reinforced suspension... most unimpressive 00:09:37 Ring time. I'll try my Dodge truck next time.

I'll stick to the virtual cars that I will never ever get to even breath on. And I've driven Viper, Vette, Porsche, Ferrari, Muscle car etc.

That's right on par with what I got in my Impreza 2.5RS wagon. Excellent! :)

Back