British LightWeight Toscana Grinding

Italy
Rome
lozzo_er_mejo
Ok guys, i have a brand new grinding tune for the Toscana track on British LightWeights seasonal.

Premises:
1- You will probably need at LEAST 1.500.000 to begin.
2- You have to be a little skilled with drifting, not too much, only the basics (you will have to drift-alike with the standard brake. is not exaxtly drifting, but you will NEED to handle the oversteers, even if with this setup they will not be a big deal).
3-I was suffering of "broking in" issues, so some settings can slightly change.
4-This is based on Oink83 tune for the British Lightweight seasonal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YWl5lqwV0vo) specifically modified for the last track. All the credits goes to him.

PROs:
-You can earn up to 283.400cr without the multiplers and up to 566.800cr with multiplers in 5 to 7 mins.
-Is not even slighty hard, i manage to win approx. 20 secs ahead.

CONs:
-You will need some money to start up.

OK, now we can begin to roll:

-Buy a brand new Lotus - Elise 111R '04 from the dealer (or use one you already own of course lol)
-Go in GT Auto and buy all the Aero parts
-Go in the Customization Shop and buy:
Body/Chassis
Weight reduction (1, 2, 3)
Rigidity improvement
Windows weight reduction
Engine
Engine Tuning (1,2,3)
Sport ECU
Intake Sistem
Sports air filter
Exhaust
Titanium racing exhaust
Catalityc converter sports
Turbo kits
High RPM kit
Transmission
Fully customizable transmission
Drivetrain
Twin plate
Semi racing
Adjustable LSD
Suspension kit
Fully customizable suspension kit

Ok, now it is time to tune it!

Aero:

Transmission:
Max speed : 250 KM/H (i believe is 155 MI/H) -set this first of changing the gears-
1st gear- 3.498
2nd gear- 2.444
3rd gear- 1.824
4th gear- 1.424
5th gear- 1.163
6th gear- 0.993
last gear- 4.529

LSD:
20 - 45 - 35

Suspension:
-12 * -12
5.2 * 6.8
4 * 5
4 * 4
3 * 3

Now, you need to set the power limiter and the ballast.
I put this on the last becouse it can slightly change based on the other settings, and if you did it first, you could have no way to know how much you will need to custom it.
Actually the PP limit is the problem: as i was suffering of broking in (look here if you don't know what it means) you could too, so you need to customize this on your own, basic tips:
-The HP should be around 275
-The ballast should be from 100 to 105
Based on this, try to keep the PP on 500 without interfering too much.
The most you can do is reducing even more the ballast for increasing the PP, but at this point i am not totally sure what the car will do :P

Drive settings (in order):
On (it works as a point of reference, but DON'T do what it says!)
Comfort soft
Comfort soft
On
Off
On
Slight
On

And that's about it! actually most of this is part of Oink83 video as said in premises (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YWl5lqwV0vo), so from my side in addition to minor changes, i give you some tips:
Brake isn't that important!
In this race you will not need to brake in all the corners, just a little touch and then try to oversteer and keep accellerating.
Don't follow the Race Line!
Some times the race line can help you, but definetively not on this track, the only way you can use it is like a "hey, this is this corner, not the other" way, breaking when it say so is a suicide.
Use the break like a hand break!
You will not need the hand break, the standard one will do fine, and you will oversteer much more gently, unlike the hand one.
Pratice!
If you are not comfortable with drifting (not even a light one) you will probably need to pratice, but 500.000+cr/6mins is a pretty damn good price :P

I hope this was helpful :D

Cool, nice thread man. Thanks for taking the time to credit as well, most appreciated

Back