BSpec...

• Thread starter woginzl
  • 14 comments
New Zealand
Wellsford NZ
Can anyone please assist me by showing me how to setup "my driver" for this option.....many thanks in advance...

If you are referring to "your driver" similar to GT5, that no longer exists. All you have to do is go into a career race, and before you start the actual race you will see a second start icon that now says B-Spec on it. 👍

.........The best you can do, is set your car up for a quick lap time. It's the only thing you can do, actually.
{shrugs shoulder}

I'm trying to win the shifter kart championship in IA. I've changed everything you can on a kart and my "Bob" just can't/won't win these races. I can't win them either which is why I chose B-Spec. There's no training and commands don't seem to do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? If not then what's the point of B-Spec? PD really blew it this time. They should have used the time for the course maker in my opinion.

I'm trying to win the shifter kart championship in IA. I've changed everything you can on a kart and my "Bob" just can't/won't win these races. I can't win them either which is why I chose B-Spec. There's no training and commands don't seem to do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? If not then what's the point of B-Spec? PD really blew it this time. They should have used the time for the course maker in my opinion.

I don't think the new B Spec took long, but it's such a half hearted effort I think it was just so they could tick the box.

The B Spec driver probably isn't good enough to win the Kart races so I think you'll need to do those yourself. I didn't use ballast, but some people used it on the karts. My suggestions are - only touch the brakes when in a straight line - the kart has no differential so is very sensitive. Lower the gearing for improved acceleration on the low speed, indoor circuits. Raise the gearing for the faster, outdoor tracks.

Good luck.

If you're using a kart with 1 gear move the top speed selector all the way to the left. Last time I raced cars I did that & I was able to keep up with the karts in A-Spec since acceleration was quicker & use push the pace or push it hard to make your driver more aggressive to the other AI.

I don't think the new B Spec took long, but it's such a half hearted effort I think it was just so they could tick the box.

The B Spec driver probably isn't good enough to win the Kart races so I think you'll need to do those yourself. I didn't use ballast, but some people used it on the karts. My suggestions are - only touch the brakes when in a straight line - the kart has no differential so is very sensitive. Lower the gearing for improved acceleration on the low speed, indoor circuits. Raise the gearing for the faster, outdoor tracks.

Good luck.

If you're using a kart with 1 gear move the top speed selector all the way to the left. Last time I raced cars I did that & I was able to keep up with the karts in A-Spec since acceleration was quicker & use push the pace or push it hard to make your driver more aggressive to the other AI.

I appreciate the input from both of you. I think the kart races are ones that I'll just let slide. I raced karts on dirt and have never been on a road course with one. I understand about the brakes, I hardly if ever use them with a kart because it does kill your momentum. The kart space track is the one I can't even get a podium finish. If could do that then I would win the championship since I can win the first two races. I've already pushed the final as far to the right as it will go. I even used @praiano63 trans tune guide to do the gearbox hoping that would help but it didn't. I don't need the frustration and I have no desire to be an alien. As long as I'm able to win seasonals and gold the TT's I'm happy. Maybe in another year I'll go back and try again. I'm hoping PD will continue to add content to GT6 since this is likely the last of Gran Turismo I'll play. Who knows maybe by the time GT7 comes out a PS4 will be less expensive. I don't play any other games other than racing.

I appreciate the input from both of you. I think the kart races are ones that I'll just let slide. I raced karts on dirt and have never been on a road course with one. I understand about the brakes, I hardly if ever use them with a kart because it does kill your momentum. The kart space track is the one I can't even get a podium finish. If could do that then I would win the championship since I can win the first two races. I've already pushed the final as far to the right as it will go. I even used @praiano63 trans tune guide to do the gearbox hoping that would help but it didn't. I don't need the frustration and I have no desire to be an alien. As long as I'm able to win seasonals and gold the TT's I'm happy. Maybe in another year I'll go back and try again. I'm hoping PD will continue to add content to GT6 since this is likely the last of Gran Turismo I'll play. Who knows maybe by the time GT7 comes out a PS4 will be less expensive. I don't play any other games other than racing.

Give it one more go! Go to your bogey track in single player (time trial mode). Once you've got comfortable with the track try the event again. The AI karts brake too early and lose momentum so you should be able to pass them on corner entry and exit.

Your comments sound like my thoughts - I've bought other games, but don't enjoy them. Shooting games - I just get lost and can't get to the second level. The cost of a PS4 is very difficult to justify for one game - even if it is my hobby!

Delete...

Last edited:
Wonder if you can upskill AI driver
Absolutely not. The only growth or manipulation is in-race and starts new with each race thereafter. B1 doesn't know this for sure, but I've tested it countless times since B-Spec has been released.

Would've been fun if PD allowed us to "train" our b-spec drivers, or give it some personality our something like hot headed, aggressive, etc.

I have used the B-Spec driver to win the Kart races (and a few Nascar races), but I had to work with him using the commands. Use Accelerate a little sooner and release a little later. Use Overtake thru corners and curves (seems he will cut corners where otherwise he wouldn't). If "stuck" behind someone, Accelerate to push them out of the way (Bobs too nice)! In most Kart races, I was pushing one button or the other the whole time. I know - why not just drive it myself? Because Bob is more precise than I am in the corners (usually) using my DS3. Also, I had to play with the tranny a bit to find the right max speed.

On one of the kart races, I noticed one guy always won, I exited out of the race, and re-entered, different line up - and I won (or Bob did). I don't use Push it Hard, just Push Pace, Own Pace is useless unless your car is really over powering.

These races are tough, it takes a team effort sometimes.

Yeah I notice in Nascar the ai driver was good.....with a few commands...but street and track races a bit airey fairy

Latest Posts

Back