• 6,108 comments
England
Colchester
Gedi69
Never!
Next Race Starts In
img.php
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_101.jpg

Welcome to series 3 "Shaken & stirred" presented by johnboy1112 & gik69.

STARTING 20TH FEB! Launch night 6th Feb

After the success of our first 2 seasons and by public demand we bring you S3, Season 3 will see most of the S1 cars with a few extra.
We will be dumping the PP limit and going back to 591bhp and 1420kg weight,2-3 cars will be at 1450kg to bring them all inline.
For full car lineup and spec (see post 2).

Qualification is now a 2 lap shootout! which will be held during the week from Tuesday-Sunday when either me,johnboy,cunny17,racerpaul or kingsakery are present to record your time.
You will get 1 warmup lap then 2 hot laps,so please get all your testing and tuning done before entering the room. if you do turn up on race night and you haven't put a Q time in then you will start at the back of D2!
Tyre wear will be off

Most Improved Qualifier - 1000 ticket
Best Qualifier - 1000 ticket

Winner Sprint Race Div 2 - 1000 ticket
Winner Sprint Race Div 1 - 1000 ticket

Winner Long Race Div 2 - 1000 ticket
Second Long Race Div 1 - Any ticket in the game
Winner Long Race Div 1 - Any ticket in the game + 1000 ticket

Driver of the day award will be awarded to one driver only. This can be from either Division.

Race night: !!very important so please read carefully!!

You will all enter the lobby but once the host resets the track under no circumstances should you enter the track until you have been called up!

once you have been called up you must go enter the track and stay in the pits.
once all the weight checks have been done and all drivers are in the pits you will then get called again to go on track in order of your Q time(Just drive to turn 1 and wait there) and you must stay in that order until the race has been started by the host.

We will still be doing the 2 races per night (sprint & enduro) but race 1(Sprint) will have tyre wear off and will be half points & false start grid!

Race 2 will stay the same apart from the start which will see a false start check! and reverse grid from race 1 results.
"Dont forget the 1 pitstop rule"

Race's will be held on a monday and times are as follows:

6.30-6.45 ~~ Lounge opens
7.15 ~~ Race order sorting
7.30 ~~ Sprint race will start
5 mins after sprint then the feature race will start

Real important! We strongly advise that you join the lounge as near to 7pm as possible on race night especially the Camaro and Corvette guys. The heavy cars must enter first in order for the weight regulations to work fairly. A Camaro turning up at 7.20pm for example will be a nightmare.

Racing Rules:

D,C'D DURING THE RACE! If you get disconnected from the race and you have completed over 90% you will get 1/2 pts for your place.

BLACK SCREEN AT START OF RACE! If we start the race and you get a black screen you must send a text via psn to the room host ASAP and they will restart the race.

Penaltys ~~ Off
Visual Damage ~~ Off
Mechanical Damage ~~ Weak
Driving line ~~Off
Skid recovery ~~ Off
Abs ~~ On 1
Traction control ~~ Off
Slipstream ~~ Weak
Grip reduction ~~ Real
All other aids ~~ Off
Tyre wear ~~ Off for race 1,On for race 2
Tyres will be unrestricted
Strictly no mics!!

*Bumping is a part of racing, however intentionally wrecking another car is not, and will not be tolerated.
*With regards to corner cutting issues:
!!!2 WHEELS ON TRACK AT ALL TIMES!!!

!! No cutting the white line after pit exit!! !!

*Any complaints with regards to somebody breaking the rules shall be sent via Personal Message on GTP to me or johnboy1112 and include what we should look for and what lap the incident happened on, so we are sure to keep a close eye for it.
A first offense will most likely result in a warning, but if the outcome of the race is drastically altered, a points penalty can and will be handed out for a first offense.

Point System: (Race 2,Race 1 will be half points)

1st. 26pts~~~13pts
2nd. 22pts~~~11pts
3rd. 20pts~~~10pts
4th. 18pts~~~9pts
5th. 16pts~~~8pts
6th. 14pts~~~7pts
7th. 12pts~~~6pts
8th. 10pts~~~5pts
9th. 8pts~~~4pts
10th. 6pts~~~3pts
11th. 4pts~~~2pts
12th. 2pts~~~1pt

Tracks:

Fuji F~~~Laps 10/23~~~COMPLETED
Suzuka(Weather change)~~~Laps 9/25~~~COMPLETED
Monza~~~Laps 10/23~~~COMPLETED
Tokyo~~~Laps 10/21~~~COMPLETED
Circuit de la sarthe 2005~~~Laps 4/12~~~COMPLETED
Grand valley speedway~~~Laps 9/23~~~COMPLETED
Nurb GP/D~~~Laps TBC~~~2nd April
High speed ring~~~Laps TBC~~~9th April

Driver's List:

Please stat GTP name,PSN name & Car. All car entries must be in by the 7th Feb mid-day 12.00PM

Final Results

1st. Sail ic~~~~256.5pts (CHAMPION)
2nd. Jonzster~~~~211.5pts (Human Champion):)
3rd. Johnboy1112~~~~210.5pts
4th. Cunny17~~~~207pts
5th. Strawman_andy~~~~180pts
6th. Gik69~~~~174pts
7th. Akmuq~~~~149.5pts
8th. Toffe~~~~145.5pts
9th. Neljack~~~~142pts
10th. Haitch40~~~~110pts
11th. Syjones1~~~~98.5pts
12th. Matty~~~~39.5pts

Team Table

1st. Team Toad~~~~381pts (CHAMPIONS)
2nd. Wild Cats Racing~~~~357pts
3rd. Team Tractor Racing~~~~352pts
4th. I C R T~~~~149.5pts
Message for Reserves

In order to make the Q system fair and workable we will need to know wether you wish to race on any given monday by midday on the Sunday the line ups will be announced soon after this cut off.
If we hear nothing we will take it as a NO show!
If your Q time is a D1 time you will recieve your 10 bonus points even if you dont race, if you cannot make the races the best time from D2 will step up to D1 and recieve 10 points respectively.

Team's: (Single makes only)

Last edited:
Back By Popular Demand The Season 3 Line Up.
Lexus ISF'07
552bhp 1450kg All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed.
aec37fe234419ef09759dad799bc51d9c0fccd174f552ec8788530c21ed7e8085g.jpg
BMW M3 Coupe'07 591bhp 1420kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed.
803f955b1fad0ef9dcf0c0ac64b2881e9f7a7c2259a18284ab0420b587fbe8845g.jpg
Jaguar XKR Coupe'10 591bhp 1420kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed. Supercharger NO we will notice/check!!
9f4c56be504d95267f0ae31036d7137b447ccf2993aada2d09ed96a24d46bc8e5g.jpg
Maserati Granturismo'08 591bhp 1420kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed.
64852ee678e205e9b08c7f8ea1c115d79b80cbbf8697c3d98c7c4cbd521f4cb75g.jpg
Dodge Challenger SRT8'08 591bhp 1420kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed. Supercharger No.(we will check)
afc3e3014c31dd80312ac59accff351f3ba1ba24ff97896d9edeaea6888fd01e5g.jpg
Camaro SS'10 552bhp 1450kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. Wing B. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed. Supercharger No.( we will check)
12033376f2dd95777569999c941237223464bb54bf28eabe1a711eb8a27ade285g.jpg
Mercedes SL55 AMG (R230)'02 591bhp 1470kg (Bottom weight after modifications) All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed. Supercharger Yes.
043a544751bff02030f82679dd7de635e2e6ee4ef52724a0971f8b23417a31615g.jpg
Corvette Z06 (C6)'06 552bhp 1450kg. All available GT Auto Aero must be fitted. Wing B. All available mods in Tuning Shop can be installed. Supercharger No.(we will check) Weight Reduction Stage 1 only in order to make weight.
a2ffa3c63f9c73c104df62c47fb0fcbdd7fe29d70472fc24d5df0d47f0f59ee65g.jpg
Please dont quote this post when posting. CARS ARE TESTED AND ABOVE SPEC IS CONFIRMED. SMALL WORD OF ADVICE YOU MAY FIND SOME EXTRA PERFORMANCE LIMITING YOUR TUNING SHOP MODS MEANING SMALLER SLIDER USE..........MAYBE?? Please reset your ingame clock via ps3, use internet in settings(post#737 for ins) before each race meeting and clear your cache via options in the GT5 menu. IF WE CATCH ANYONE WITH AN ILLEGAL CAR YOUR POINTS TO DATE WILL BE LOST AND A BAN FROM THE SEASON/RACES IS POSSIBLE THERES NO REASON TO CHEAT YOURSELF OR THE REST OF YOUR COMPETITORS DONT CHANCE IT WE WILL CARRY OUT RANDOM CHECKS.

Last edited:
Guys we have added you based on pms sent/social group interest to hold your places if you could confirm 100% your in that would be great.👍

Looking very professional, at the moment it's looking like IS-F(yeah, yeah I know) M3 or Z06. One thing though, are turbos allowed? Because the IS-F has a huge one which might give it more of an advantage, my drag-tuned IS-F has over 800BHP!

Looking very professional, at the moment it's looking like IS-F(yeah, yeah I know) M3 or Z06. One thing though, are turbos allowed? Because the IS-F has a huge one which might give it more of an advantage, my drag-tuned IS-F has over 800BHP!

Dont think you can upgrade the Turbo Luke but i will check again.:dunce:

That ISF that cant corner hehe your words, Nope cant upgrade.

We forgot that! jb your area lol.

What i meant was.. we forgot to say no turbo's.

No need none of them can be upgraded with a Turbo only a supercharger dont worry i done my homework..........checking again though!!:nervous:

Yep all fine the C63 from season 1 had the Turbo option nothing else strangely has.

Last edited:
Carbonox
Umm, why are there half points? That's not exactly a clear system.

Because race 1 will have tyre wear off and people have suggested it before.

Yes but it would be a more clear system if there were only full points (i.e. no 1.5 or 0.5 as the halves make it confusing)...

A minor suggestion, how about 15-14-13-12-11... etc... etc... for the sprint race?

Carbonox
Yes but it would be a more clear system if there were only full points (i.e. no 1.5 or 0.5 as the halves make it confusing)...

A minor suggestion, how about 15-14-13-12-11... etc... etc... for the sprint race?

Only confusing for me as I will be doing the adding up. It has been talked about.

To clarify the rules/ point systems/cars/regulations etc etc have been discussed and decided unless we have missed something major this is how things will be.

I thank you and goodnight.

JB for and on behalf on BST V8 series 3.:D

johnboy1112
To clarify the rules/ point systems/cars/regulations etc etc have been discussed and decided unless we have missed something major this is how things will be.

I thank you and goodnight.

JB for and on behalf on BST V8 series 3.:D

Lol

Please can you put me down as a reserve!

Couple of questions:
Is tyre restriction unlimited in both races and is there a mandatory pitstop? Could qualifying be done one night in the week if a room was available? May save rushing everyone through on Monday night.

Also I think halving points for sprint race is a good idea but would it be.better to have this as second race otherwise the people who did well in qualify and win race are penalised in second by starting at back for the main event where more points are available!

Hancock

Couple of questions:
Is tyre restriction unlimited in both races and is there a mandatory pitstop? Could qualifying be done one night in the week if a room was available? May save rushing everyone through on Monday night.

Also I think halving points for sprint race is a good idea but would it be.better to have this as second race otherwise the people who did well in qualify and win race are penalised in second by starting at back for the main event where more points are available!

Good point hanc will see what jb says

Couple of questions:

Yep tyre choice open for both:tup: Whoops yep forgot 1 pitstop minimun for feature race we will update:guilty: If qualifying dosent workout your idea is an option Hanc:tup: Your point about the sprint race is valid although the thought of the quick guys working their way through the field with only a few sprint laps and after a long feature race (personally im knackered!:crazy:) is a little scary:scared: I also feel we may lose a few guys after the feature race who are simply tired or cant be bothered. The sprint was always ment to be a warm up to race 2 hence the half points this season.:nervous:

Just to add we are not running a mini series between events so a launch night will be sorted before the first race in order to test qualifying/rolling start its new to me for one. Akmuq Luke 101 which one is it cant remember would be good if you could make that to help us through it.

Last edited:
Wow this is stunningly similar to that series I was planning which I think I discussed with you JB. Might not run it at all as many of the cars and tracks are the same as here, we'll see. Can't make it but good luck fellas 👍

Wow this is stunningly similar to that series I was planning which I think I discussed with you JB. Might not run it at all as many of the cars and tracks are the same as here, we'll see. Can't make it but good luck fellas 👍

Did you Tom? Oh when was that then?:dunce: This is more or less the same as our opening season which was a year or so ago now.:nervous:

I will announce that Death by Carbon Racing will remain among the teams for Season 3 with BMW being the likely car of choice (as of now). Hoping for the team title now that it's a full season for us 👍

Also, teammate revelation likely coming within the weekend... ;)

I'm in! This should be fun! I'll probably be using the M3 just to let you know. And you said no mics?

Blazing99
I'm in! This should be fun! I'll probably be using the M3 just to let you know. And you said no mics?

No mics at all as it stops lag.
Still waiting on some of our regulars as they get 1st dibs for there commitment over the last few months, but it shouldn't be a problem.
Welcome blazing! Youve come to the right place.

TomMcD

You sure you didn't nick our idea from S1?? As jb says weve been going a fair few months now.

You sure you didn't nick our idea from S1?? As jb says weve been going a fair few months now.

To be fair i vaguely remember someone asking if they could do something similar a while ago but i guess it never got off the ground anyways not to worry.:dopey:

johnboy1112
To be fair i vaguely remember someone asking if they could do something similar a while ago but i guess it never got off the ground anyways not to worry.:dopey:

The only idea we've nicked is our own lol.

@hanc... Do you not want a full slot?

New pic jb!

Back