<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Kent
rolo912011
LOGO_2_BTCC_Cars.JPG.png

Thursdays @ 7pm (UK Time) - in rolo912011's lounge
(Lounge normally open by 6.30pm UK Time)

To guarantee a place in Race 1, please arrive no later than 6.55pm UK Time!

BTCC Online Championship Hall of Fame:

Season 1 (Drivers): johnboy-1975 - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 - Piss Heads Racing
Season 1 (Teams): Piss Heads Racing - RacerPaul, johnboy-1975, gedi69 & cunny17

Season 2 (Drivers): killa_kandy - BMW 330i '05 - eBay Motors
Season 2 (Teams): eBay Motors - BMW 330i '05 - killa_kandy, JulleGaard & SKD420
Season 2 (Manufacturers): Audi - johnboy-1975, gedi69, cunny17 & JoeTruckV8
Season 2 (Independents): JoeTruckV8 - Audi S3 '02 - Gran Turismo All-Star

Season 3 (Drivers): gedi69 - Audi S4 '03 - Team V8 Turbo
Season 3 (Teams): Team V8 Turbo - Audi S4 '03 - cunny17, gedi69 & rolo912011
Season 3 (Manufacturers): Audi - rolo912011, gokartman, cunny17, gedi69 & johnboy-1975
Season 3 (Independents): karsten_beoulve - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 - Scuderia Fronzini

Season 4 (Drivers): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek (I)
Season 4 (Teams): Team IVTec - Honda Civic Type R '01/'04 - skengdigi, Weezy_7 & driftking18594
Season 4 (Manufacturers): Honda - skengdigi, Weezy_7, Strawman__Andy, MSTER232 & driftking18594
Season 4 (Indepedents): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek
Corsa Cup: skengdigi - Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01

Japanese Sports Coupé Cup (Drivers) - skengdigi - Subaru BR-Z S '12
Japanese Sports Coupé Cup (Manufacturers) - Subaru - skengdigi, priesty_lfc, Third_Reign & Dimse91

---------------------------

Car List, Rules & Regulations:

Maximum 4 entries per manufacturer!​
(including reserves)​

logo.jpg
BMW <<<<Unavailable>>>>

• 330i '05 (305 BHP, 1400KG)
  • 120i '04 (305 BHP, 1350KG)

ford-logo-big.jpg
Ford <<<<Unavailable>>>>

• Focus ST '06/ST170 '03 (305 BHP, 1200KG)
honda_logo.png
Honda <<<<Unavailable>>>>

• Civic Type R '01/'04 (305 BHP, 1200KG)
  • Integra Type R (DC5) '03 (305 BHP, 1200KG)

vw_logo.jpg
Volkswagen <<<<Unavailable>>>>

• Scirocco R '10 (305 BHP, 1320KG)

Hyundai_Logo.jpg
Hyundai

• Tuscani CCS '03 (305 BHP, 1250KG)

1_f15749293444da29c14a341338179fcf.png
Alfa Romeo

• GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 (305 BHP, 1200KG)

nissan-30x30.jpg
Nissan

• Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 (305 BHP, 1400KG)

mazda_30x30.gif
Mazda

• Atenza Sport 25Z '07 (305 BHP, 1219KG)

All cars must use Sports: Soft tyres.
Aero is permitted but not mandatory.
All tuning allowed so long as the cars fit the regulations.

Teams are allowed to use different cars, and these teams must use the same paint colour on their cars. Teams using the same car must have different-coloured wheel rims.

Race Rules & Regulations:

Driving Aids: Prohibited except for Driving Line and ABS.
Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Normal
Damage - Light
Slipstream - Weak
Penalties - Off
Boost - Off
Grip - Real
Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds (you will not be classified if you do not finish within 3 minutes of the race winner)

Three approx. 20-minute races per week. 8 rounds over 8 weeks. Drivers', Teams', Manufacturers' and Independents' Championships.

DROP SCORE SYSTEM - each driver's 2 worst scores of the season will be dropped, meaning 6 scores out of 8 will count for the Drivers' Championship. This allows drivers to miss two rounds without disadvantaging themselves. Drivers must be registered for the championship for at least 7 rounds in order to qualify for drop scores.
Independents' Championship: each driver's 2 worst scores will be dropped. Drivers must be registered for at least 7 rounds in order to qualify. Only race results count for points (i.e. no poles, laps led or Fastest Lap points).
Teams'/Manufacturers' Championship: No drop scores. The best 2 scores at each meeting for each Manufacturer will count for the Manufacturers' title.

Grid/Qualifying Procedure:

Arrive on time! Due to the new 3-race format, the schedule is tight. In general, the organisers are not obligated to wait for latecomers. The only instances in which we will wait to start (and we will aim to start no later than 7.10pm) will be in the case of unexpected DCs/black screens/game freezes. If you are well aware of your connection problems, then we may not wait for you!

- Race 1 grid determined by reverse championship order, and will be completed manually in the lounge. The order will be published in post #2 long in advance. When you are called, you should enter the track and drive a sensible distance before stopping. Drivers should spread out and leave gaps in front and behind them. The grid for the first round will be determined by reversing the Japanese Sports Coupe Cup championship results. New drivers will be placed in order of sign-up. There must be no chat during the grid procedure. All drivers must wait in the pits until called.

- Race 2 grid will be determined by a 10-minute qualifying session. Qualifying will begin when the Automatic Race Start Delay is set in the lounge. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as a non-start/DNF - the automatic countdown will not be turned off. Collisions and slipstreaming will be enabled.

- Race 3 grid will be set to reversed based on Race 2 results. DCs in Race 2 will be treated as a DNF and therefore you will start Race 3 from the front of the grid. Anyone who purposely retires, whether or not in an attempt to start Race 3 up front, will be forced to start at the back, and will be further penalised after the race. The grid will then be completed manually.

Manual reverse grids will be used as a backup procedure in case of any problems.

Notice: Please do not obstruct other drivers during Race 2 qualifying! If you're not on a fast lap, either get off the track or drive way off the racing line and slow down/stop if you see a driver coming. Please stop in a sensible place!

During the Race:

This series follows the GTP OLR Rules for acceptable conduct in racing, and these must be followed at all times!

Mandatory pit-stops and pit windows. Make sure your pit entries and exits are fair and safe! Any kind of incident must be avoided.

2 wheels on track at all times. No exceptions! 'Track' is defined as being between the white lines.

Bumpdrafting is legal, so long as you do not risk a crash. Avoid when nearing a braking zone.

You are not allowed to purposely retire from Race 2.

Unnecessary in-race chat is not acceptable, and will be penalised!

Penalty System & Stewards:
By signing up to the series you agree to accept and observe the series rules.

Stewards are rolo912011, skengdigi and Scaniabebe. Please PM the stewards via GTPlanet or PSN regarding on-track incidents. Do NOT publicly address the issue with the other driver(s) involved. In general, the stewards will only view what is reported to them via PM, although action may also be taken if any non-reported incidents are seen.

For any stewards' decision to stand, at least 2 of the stewards must agree to it, else no action will be taken, or the most lenient penalty available will be applied. The reasons for penalties will not be made public - please PM the stewards if you want an explanation for your penalty/penalties.

You will be issued a warning if your driving is perceived to be unacceptable in a certain incident - this means you are automatically given 2 penalty points.

You will be banned for one race meeting if you earn 8 penalty points during the season (i.e. 4 warnings). Race bans do not count as drop scores. If you earn enough points to be banned due to an incident or incidents at the final round of the season, then your ban carries over to your next BTCC event/season.

You will be banned for the rest of the season if you earn 16 penalty points during the season. (i.e. 8 warnings). New drivers may be placed on probation after their first meeting if they earn enough penalty points/time penalties in their debut round. If their standard of driving is continued at their second meeting, then they will be removed from the series.

Time penalties are not normally associated with a warning, but it is at the stewards' discretion. If you have already received a warning in a single race, you will be issued time penalties for any further rule breaks during that race (of at least 5 seconds each). It is possible to receive 3 warnings in one race night!

Pitting too early or too late incurs a 10-second penalty. Failing to pit at all means a 60-second penalty.

It is not possible for us to record and re-play instances of drivers being blocked in Race 2 Qualifying. However, if the stewards receive persistent complaints of blocking from several events, or if any incidents are seen on-track by a steward, then the driver at fault will be penalised with warnings and/or time penalties.

Off-track behaviours can also be penalised. Please respect other drivers off the track (on GTP or PSN), as well as on it. Championship points will be deducted if a drivers' behaviour is considered disrespectful or offensive, or if a driver persistently attempts to stir up trouble in discussion. There are no maximum limits to the points deductions, and you may face a season-long or even permanent ban! We're all here to have fun and ultimately, we're all playing a video game. Let's all have good-spirited racing. :) 👍

All drivers are welcome to appeal any penalties given to them, provided they do so within 24 hours of the race results being published. If your appeal is successful, any changes to your penalty points total, or the points standings, will be included in the tables published after the next round of the series.​

Points System:

1st - 20 points
2nd - 17 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 11 points
6th - 10 points
7th - 9 points
8th - 8 points
9th - 7 points
10th - 6 points
11th - 5 points
12th - 4 points
13th - 3 points
14th - 2 points
15th - 1 point

1 point for the Fastest Lap in each race
1 point for Pole Position for Race 2
1 point if you Lead a Lap
(only one point per race no matter how many laps you lead!)

---------------------------​

Calendar:

1. Monza - 23/05/13

2. Laguna Seca - 30/05/13

3. Fuji GT - 06/06/13

4. Cape Ring South - 13/06/13

5. Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Night Race) - 20/06/13

6. Rome - 27/06/13

7. Indianapolis Road Course - 04/07/13

8. Nurburgring GP/F - 11/07/13

Drivers and Teams:​
(Last Update: 04-07-13)​

please add rolo912011 on PSN in order to race

- rolo912011 / rolo912011 / Honda Civic Type R '01 / SimTek

- wiseguy007 / Weezy_7 / Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 / SimTek

- Strawman Andy / Strawman__Andy / Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 / SimTek

- Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe / Ford Focus ST '06 / Humberside Racing

- Esco87 / mosendtner / Ford Focus ST '06 / Humberside Racing

- SkengD / skengdigi / Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 / Team IVTec

- Gedi69 / gedi69 / Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 / Team IVTec

- ROB 256R / Red_Leader / BMW 330i '05 / Rebel Alliance Racing

- hurleyman24 / hurleyman24 / BMW 330i '05 / Rebel Alliance Racing

- azidahaka / karsten_beoulve / Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 / Scuderia Fronzini (I)

- sibbystiggy / TheOldStig / Ford Focus ST '06 / Focus-Energy_Racing (I)

- DK / driftking18594 / VW Scirocco R '10 / Privateer (I)

- kk20 / killa_kandy / BMW 330i '05 / eBay Motors (I)

- Ian_83 / PleaseD1e / VW Scirocco R '10 / Privateer (I)

- mrbrendon999 / Mrbrendon999 / Ford Focus ST '06 / Privateer (I)

Maximum 4 Independent entries!​
(excluding reserves) - Independents marked with (I)​

Total Drivers: 14 / 16
If you miss 3 consecutive rounds of the series (or both of the first 2 rounds) without any reason or comment to let us know, either before or during your absence, then you will be removed from the series, and your space will be freed up for another driver. You can re-apply to join, but you will sit at the back of the queue.

Series Reserves:

If the series is full, you may still be able to race, as there will always be one or two places open each week due to people not attending. Sign-up as a reserve and we'll call you if there's space (first reserve has highest priority). 👍

- paulmac2k9 / paulmac2k9/GTP_PaulMac / VW Scirocco R '10 / Pirtek Racing (I)

- Quintin03 / stiegsallander / Honda Civic Type R '01 / Privateer (I)

- Furinkazen / Furinkazen / VW Scirocco R '10 / Team RPM (I)

- X-DEVIL7675 / acelera / BMW 330i '05 / UBERacing (I)

Last edited:
Put my name down please. I'll go with the Alpha for now 👍

You guys must really like Grand Valley:sly:

Last edited:
The 120 is that either or petrol?

Building a petrol car looks like its going to be massively at a disadvantage :/

I'm guessing you've tested it?

I've run all the cars, and the 120i is pretty much exactly as fast as the 330. Incidentally I have been doing some BMW running today and the 135i Coupe isn't a bad back-up if the 120i doesn't match up. The 120d may possibly be OK too if we need to rely on it.

Any testing times would be great. I'm doing pretty similar times in all 4 BMWs, but I still think somebody else could go quicker than me.

I've run all the cars, and the 120i is pretty much exactly as fast as the 330. Incidentally I have been doing some BMW running today and the 135i Coupe isn't a bad back-up if the 120i doesn't match up. The 120d is definitely too fast though.

Really?

It's 20pp down on my focus build!

I've not ran with it yet but I know the 147 was also around that much pp down and it was uncompetitive.

Being a premium snob tho I'd take the 135 if it was allowed.

Really?

It's 20pp down on my focus build!

I've not ran with it yet but I know the 147 was also around that much pp down and it was uncompetitive.

Being a premium snob tho I'd take the 135 if it was allowed.

The 330 only registers 460/467 depending on the Aero settings, and in the right hands that does alright.

If you want, do some running for me and let me know your times? Maybe have a run with the 330, 120i, 120d and 135i? The 120i is 1350kg but the others are all 1400.

As I say, times were basically the same at GVE and Deep Forest, but the 120d had the edge at Monza.

Well my experience running FR is pretty awful hence why I might run BMW just to mix it up abit.

135 is lower PP than the 120, at 1400kgs I was high 11's on GVE at 1350kgs I managed to hit 11.2 and reckon I can get v high 10's I know that's slow soooo (135)

My PB in the ST was high 9's.

I wont trust the pp system, it doesnt always work out right.

The 120i was matching the 330 but its a bit tricker with the rear although if you get a good lap together it can be quick

I've run all the cars, and the 120i is pretty much exactly as fast as the 330. Incidentally I have been doing some BMW running today and the 135i Coupe isn't a bad back-up if the 120i doesn't match up. The 120d may possibly be OK too if we need to rely on it.

Any testing times would be great. I'm doing pretty similar times in all 4 BMWs, but I still think somebody else could go quicker than me.

Ok,

Not going to be running a BMW, although they handle nice the extra weight is killing me. In the right hands, yes there fast but in mine there slow haha

Looks like I'm FF again, going to try and stay away from. The Fords tho.....

Edit. Ouch, triple post :/

Last edited:
I did some testing in Rome. 1:17:0 seems to be best time if you get perfect lap I reckon 1:16:7 but that will be hard

I've put a track called 'Touring Car Park' on share. Have a go on it with a BTCC car, see what you think. 👍

I've put a track called 'Touring Car Park' on share. Have a go on it with a BTCC car, see what you think. 👍

Cool,

Will have a look later. Never really been a fan of the custom tracks as the elevation normally seems over the top.

Anybody made car choices yet?

I wanna go away from everybody else but it's difficult to choose at the mo!

There's hopefully no elevation that will prove too annoying with this one. It uses Eifel as its layout 👍

Think I'm sticking with Ford, I seem to get most speed from it.

VW most likely for me, looks amazing and fun to drive, more difficult than Honda but I like a challenge.👍

Did some testing with the Ford at the Touring Car Park; and I managed to get a 1:47.656 out of it...

Don't think that's too bad, actually..

There's hopefully no elevation that will prove too annoying with this one. It uses Eifel as its layout 👍

Tried the track in a BTCC spec car and was put in a race against GTR-R8s etc but still managed to win pretty easily.

Nice track tho :D

Latest Posts

Back