<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Thank you everyone for another great season.

Thanks to Street for his part in team PAR and for continuing as an independent for next season too, it's really appreciated and I've had fun driving with you. 👍 We've got the team trophy and I'm thrilled, so thank you so much.

Well done on the independents Canyon, considering that you missed a couple of rounds you did great. You denied Rolo the title, I hope that you're proud. :lol:

I'd just like to give Skeng a mention too, yeah he's my rival, my nemesis and I love to hate him. But I have to admire the guy, he drives an incredibly good race, he's clean and he has pushed me the whole way. We've had some great battles Skeng. 👍

Next season is going to be a whole different ball game. We're all in the same cars, we can't tune them which will really bug me and the racing is going to be much more intense than this season too. I hope to see everyone there. :D

Even thought this is Rolo's 12th BTCC season, and I had only participated in the last four rounds I would like to thank @rolo912011 for giving me the opportunity to race against the BTCC greats like @SkengD, @Ian_83 and @canyondrifter.

After my dismal Brands Hatch with a terrible setup and beginner racing abilites, I would like to pay respect to the whole grid for partially teaching me that consistency is key, how to successfully set up a car and obviously race fairly. :)

I would also like to pay my respects to @sibbystiggy for pushing me all the way to the end for the title of the highest placed Jaguar driver, although he won in the end, well done to him. He did also partially help me claim my first overall and independent podium in my first season. I am excited to team up with you next season and I feel we can really work well together. :)

Also, I would like to congradulate @Ian_83 on winning the Drivers' title for the second time! How many others have done that? ;) I congradulate @canyondrifter for winning the Independents title, and Perfect Apex Racing for taking a second Teams' title.

I really hope for a successful Integra season. I hope that I personally do well, and I really wish for all of you who are competing in the Integra season the very best.

Also, I would like to pay respect to @SkengD for holding such an impressive record in BTCC.

And finally, I wish everyone I have raced with, the very best for future seasons elsewhere as well as here :)

And again, thank you @rolo912011 for such a fantastic season.

Rolo is the boss. :lol:

Mikey - You've come a long way since your Brands debut, you had a rather shaky start to say the least but thankfully you're on the right track now. 👍 You'll learn a lot racing the Honda's too, the racing should be much closer, the battle's will be hard fought and keeping clean will be really important to getting good results.

In the previous Honda Cup I was rubbish during testing, it took me ages to really understand the car and get the most from it. :( I owe a lot to that season, it improved me as a driver.

It's been a much better season for me despite the relatively poor pace of the Merc. I've had to pull off some miracle work to get the results I've had. Despite that,I feel that I've had a bit less bad luck this season despite being caught in some incidents and have made more consistent results.

Hopefully my switch to a fast FF in BTCC-9 will help to bring me forward and challenge more at the front.

Rolo is the boss. :lol:

Mikey - You've come a long way since your Brands debut, you had a rather shaky start to say the least but thankfully you're on the right track now. 👍 You'll learn a lot racing the Honda's too, the racing should be much closer, the battle's will be hard fought and keeping clean will be really important to getting good results.

In the previous Honda Cup I was rubbish during testing, it took me ages to really understand the car and get the most from it. :( I owe a lot to that season, it improved me as a driver.
Why thank you Ian :)

Yeah, I've always been cautious and a little nervous that I will always be shaky on circuit, yes I may have made a few mistakes here and there but I think I haven't made as many at RBR, Silverstone and Nurburgring combined than at Brands, I owe the credit of my learning to you guys and I really feel more confident in racing professionally online (although I know this isn't a fully serious series) :)

You denied Rolo the title, I hope that you're proud. :lol:

🤬

Integras will be my 12th season in this series... one Indy title to show for it so far! Had my first winless season ever this time, the Pug was seriously hindered by the update early in the season.

Also, I would like to congradulate @Ian_83 on winning the Drivers' title for the second time! How many others have done that? ;)

Hall of Fame is in the OP. skeng is the only other multiple title holder.

🤬

Integras will be my 12th season in this series... one Indy title to show for it so far! Had my first winless season ever this time, the Pug was seriously hindered by the update early in the season.

Hall of Fame is in the OP. skeng is the only other multiple title holder.
Yeah I know mate, plus it's not surprising ;) but I mean that not a lot of people at all have claimed two titles

BTCC-5 was the first online season I did and even now @rolo912011 's doing the most excellent job of planning, organizing and structuring BTCC, a level/standard that I haven't seen elsewhere. well done mate, I'm really glad of being a part of your seasons :)

overtime I have improved and learnt from alot from racing here, for this season I especially want to thank: @SkengD , @Ian_83 , @canyondrifter and @DirtyNurbKing58 for the supportive help and info

@Ian_83 well done for another BTCC victory! once again you did brilliantly 👍
as another worthy mention, I really respect your mentality for driving, racing and cars
also you and @canyondrifter brought out the best and full potential out of the megane's in BTCC I think, the last round says it all imo,

@1996mikey2412 , well done for the podium mate! & I've not seen you drive at Brands hatch but you described yourself as having "beginner racing abilites" then, if that was the case, you have learnt and improved alot over a season and alot more and quicker than I did, your heading in the right direction mate and I'm sure you will do well next season (no setups to worry about either ;) ) and you will definitely win races in the future 👍 keep up the good work, good luck and I'm sure we'll make a great team too :cheers:

BTCC-5 was the first online season I did and even now @rolo912011 's doing the most excellent job of planning, organizing and structuring BTCC, a level/standard that I haven't seen elsewhere. well done mate, I'm really glad of being a part of your seasons :)

overtime I have improved and learnt from alot from racing here, for this season I especially want to thank: @SkengD , @Ian_83 , @canyondrifter and @DirtyNurbKing58 for the supportive help and info

as another worthy mention, I really respect your mentality for driving, racing and cars
also you and @canyondrifter brought out the best and full potential out of the megane's in BTCC I think, the last round says it all imo,

@1996mikey2412 , well done for the podium mate! & I've not seen you drive at Brands hatch but you described yourself as having "beginner racing abilites" then, if that was the case, you have learnt and improved alot over a season and alot more and quicker than I did, your heading in the right direction mate and I'm sure you will do well next season (no setups to worry about either ;) ) and you will definitely win races in the future 👍 keep up the good work, good luck and I'm sure we'll make a great team too :cheers:
I wouldn't of gotten that podium without your help though :) you actually sacrificed your race for me? I have no idea why you did but it was a great thing to do ;)

I wouldn't of gotten that podium without your help though :) you actually sacrificed your race for me? I have no idea why you did but it was a great thing to do ;)

like I said its all in the replay, it will make sense when you watch it 👍
I think I may have done the same thing before at Nur.GP/F, think it was Ian who won, well I could be wrong tho :dopey:

like I said its all in the replay, it will make sense when you watch it 👍
I think I may have done the same thing before at Nur.GP/F, think it was Ian who won, well I could be wrong tho :dopey:
I meant why did you decide to do it? :P

I tell you what, out of all of the cars I have overtaken or tried to overtake, the Peugeot is the hardest by far! :P that thing was bigger than it should be! :P

This championship seems like its the easiest/simplest to jump into. The thread/series is very well organized.

This championship seems like its the easiest/simplest to jump into. The thread/series is very well organized.
I was nervous when I first joined, but after the first round I knew what to do. Rolo's also good at explaining things too which is a great help. 👍

I've never raced in any other series, so I can't say whether or not this is the best one, but I obviously like it. :D

I was nervous when I first joined, but after the first round I knew what to do. Rolo's also good at explaining things too which is a great help. 👍

I've never raced in any other series, so I can't say whether or not this is the best one, but I obviously like it. :D

I like it too, I just need to get faster to be competitive, rather than just hoping to gain positions off of someone's mistakes(like at RBR with the pit troubles).

I meant why did you decide to do it? :P

ok il try to explain
If I overtook you, it would have meant everyone wanting to overtake me (stuck behind me) would follow and use my car's slip to their advantage get you whilst or after I tried to overtake you (I learnt from my nascar season ;))

To overtake you or get away from the crowd behind me was difficult as I couldn't keep my racing line as cars tried to get along side me almost every corner which I don't know how to avoid or minimize the impact they had on my lap times.

If I did overtake you, I would have taken away your opportunity of "getting ahead/away while you can", and they would have eventually got/caught me up too, much quicker than they would catch you if they could :scared:

Since you had a good off the line start and it would have been alot of work trying to catch you by setting good laps (that was unlikely with alot of cars trying to overtake me), I decided to do things in your favor, rather than have both of us suffer the same consequence lol

Last edited:
ok il try to explain
If I overtook you, it would have meant everyone wanting to overtake me (stuck behind me) would follow and use my car's slip to their advantage get you whilst or after I tried to overtake you (I learnt from my nascar season ;))

To overtake you or get away from the crowd behind me was difficult as I couldn't keep my racing line as cars tried to get along side me almost every corner which I don't know how to avoid or minimize the impact they had on my lap times.

If I did overtake you, I would have taken away your opportunity of "getting ahead/away while you can", and they would have eventually got/caught me up too, much quicker than they would catch you if they could :scared:

Since you had a good off the line start and it would have been alot of work trying to catch you by setting good laps (that was unlikely with alot of cars trying to overtake me), I decided to do things in your favor, rather than have both of us suffer the same consequence lol
Aww you are such a cutie ;)

haha lol! :lol:
I'm surprised at myself that I thought this much while racing the first few laps of R3 :crazy:
"I wouldn't of caught you after your good start"

What stuffing! I'd of made a mistake on the first corner and eeeeeeveryone would have gone through lol

"I wouldn't of caught you after your good start"

What stuffing! I'd of made a mistake on the first corner and eeeeeeveryone would have gone through lol

but it was your chance to try to win or get podium lol, when your leading the race, you always seem to concentrate harder not to make mistakes but anyways, seeing you did fine at RBR and silverstone, also R1 and R2 of nur.GP/D, you would have been fine, all it takes is consistency ;)

I lead alot of laps in the past so I know what its like to screw up with the pressure but I was near half of the driver you are even so I did ok, so I was expecting a good result lol

but it was your chance to try to win or get podium lol, when your leading the race, you always seem to concentrate harder not to make mistakes but anyways, seeing you did fine at RBR and silverstone, also R1 and R2 of nur.GP/D, you would have been fine, all it takes is consistency ;)

I lead alot of laps in the past so I know what its like to screw up with the pressure but I was near half of the driver you are even so I did ok, so I was expecting a good result lol
You never see this in real BTCC, they're just like "DIEEE!" and rams into everything lol

Back