Bug: Penalty for passing under yellow ....... but

It's still 50/50, 4 yellow flags today, twice a penalty. The one where the game reset a car right in front of me so I went straight through didn't give me a penalty. It did give me a slight heart attack.

The reset really needs to go. Sometimes after I'm knocked out a corner I coast on the grass alongside waiting for a spot to re-enter traffic, then it resets me in the middle of the road!

However some resets are necessary as penalties are no real deterrent for people cutting corners. First make the penalties permanent otherwise Nurb GP and Interlagos and probably others become a joke.

Just turn off the respawn altogether. It's in the server settings. It's terribly disruptive when a person just appears, you always have to play the guessing game of "will I collide", and it's ridiculously unrealistic anyway. If I see someone off track trying to come back on track, at least I can try to deal with that. Magical cars appearing is a terrible decision.

If a player can't figure out how to get back onto the racetrack, then he shouldn't be in the race anyway. Leave that stuff for the single player guys.
Assuming they keep the respawn in the interests of safe and fair racing, it doesn't need to remain the way it is. There's no reason a full respawn can't be tied to the position of other cars on the track, with cars not able to unghost until it is safe to do so. That could mean they have to be both up to speed and clear of other vehicles by a reasonable distance in order to do so. It can work and work well but the implementation of it as it sits is extremely simplified and not well thought through. It's basically a token programming effort by someone who has no clue what it's like to race online.

1) Get rid of resets. If you're off track, figure it out for yourself.

2) If a car is off track and ghosted, bring in the yellow flag before they unghost so it's impossible to get a stupid penalty for passing them.

3) If you rear-end someone at the Nürburgring GP chicane with more than a 10mph closing speed and haven't just been hit yourself then you should be out, black flag, race over.

^^1million likes.
and I'll add...
If a car/s is/are wrecking, and the yellow comes out, you can pass the wrecking car/s without penalty... you know, like real life... especially if they are headed off course, or already off course...
So silly.

1) Get rid of resets. If you're off track, figure it out for yourself.

2) If a car is off track and ghosted, bring in the yellow flag before they unghost so it's impossible to get a stupid penalty for passing them.

3) If you rear-end someone at the Nürburgring GP chicane with more than a 10mph closing speed and haven't just been hit yourself then you should be out, black flag, race over.

I'm not sure why you would want to incentivize dive bombing and brake checking that way. Somebody just slammed into you? No resets, kid. Guess you're finishing 20th today.

Don't want the guy behind you to overtake? Wait for a chicane and then brake check as hard as you can so they get black flagged.

I'm not sure why you would want to incentivize dive bombing and brake checking that way. Somebody just slammed into you? No resets, kid. Guess you're finishing 20th today. ...

You can't stop them either as long as they gain any advantage. I want dive-bombers to be penalized, I don't want to be reset on track. I drive my car. I finish 20th ? So what ... It's my job to get my car to the finish line. I'd really like to have the help of a working penalty system to do this, but as long as it is working the way it currently does, I'd prefer saying "That guys been an idiot, I've done my best."

I'm not sure why you would want to incentivize dive bombing and brake checking that way. Somebody just slammed into you? No resets, kid. Guess you're finishing 20th today.

Don't want the guy behind you to overtake? Wait for a chicane and then brake check as hard as you can so they get black flagged.
If you're in the braking zone for the corner then it's not brake checking, it's just braking. If you're following someone to a chicane you should have an eye on their brake lights anyway. And I'm not suggesting finishing 20th, I'm suggesting DQ. Hard finish.

In reality though, the penalty system will never be perfect. What they should do is employ a Clark of the Course to monitor Sport races, with the remit to check for people who are driving, as they say in the trade, like a dick. If they see you being a dick they can black flag you, immediate DQ from the race and a week ban from all Sport races, plus a sizeable drop in SR. You won't know when they're watching so you will always need to aim for not being a dick. Obviously, this would need to be undertaken by an actual person otherwise PDs systems would be handing out bans to anyone who dared pass the pit entrance or execute a clean overtake!

Just happened to me last night. 1 car was just sitting there and it said yellow. Car was NOT MOVING. Maybe he had to get up and do something but I passed it and got a 10 sec penalty.

Just happened to me last night. 1 car was just sitting there and it said yellow. Car was NOT MOVING. Maybe he had to get up and do something but I passed it and got a 10 sec penalty.
I'm bumping this thread, these penalties need to be removed. Can anyone volunteer to cleanly summarize this issue with evidence and push it to the right people, like the grip bug?

Qualifying at big willow, warm up lap good, 2nd lap hot, 3rd lap on it, some one parked just before finish line, negated that lap and the nxt, passing on a yellow flag. Wasn't happy.

Happened to me yesterday in Race B , Dragon trail before the famous chicane, guy was ghosted faceing the wrong direction, how was i supposed to stop and wait for him to turn around and get going again? Got 10 second penalty for passing him and i was on a clean race on the last lap... :mad:

Back