Bug - Racing Alone in FIA Events and winning

• Thread starter Ankit
  • 6 comments
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Dear Team,

Since the last 1 month, I have had this strange event.

As and when I enter the FIA Event (Nations cup or Manu races) .. I do the free practice, I do the qualifying with other races around me,

But at the time of the Main RACE Event. All racers are in the PITS and I am the only one of the track.

I enjoy racing with no one around -- yes.. but at the end of the RACE. Other racers also getting their times etc.

For example, I started 19th and raced alone the whole time on the track... and ended up 5th (Great)...

It seems the race was going on somewhere but I was alone on this track...

Can someone explain why this happens... Bug of course... I tried to contact Sony, PlayStation, and GT .. but No response.

I guess I will keep collecting points in FIA events..

Can someone explain why this happens...
Yes. What you're seeing is the result of a bad internet connection.

Unlike Daily Races, the FIA races have fixed servers. You're at the extreme outer edges of the EMEA region - you're about as far away as it's possible to get from the servers (they're in Amsterdam; in terms of travel time via internet Toronto is closer to Amsterdam than you are) - and unless your internet connection is optimised for gaming you will experience connection glitches just like this one. And even if it is, you might still experience issues.

Also, chances are that everyone can see you just fine (though you will be teleporting all over the place) and their cars will react to contact with yours that you can't even see.

Thanks for your reply.... Makes Sense.
Good thing is that I don't get reactions to their punts.

Is Dubai so far? ...
anyway, will consider a better internet connection...

Is Dubai so far? ...
Yep. Your connection to Europe is probably either AAE-1 undersea down the Gulf, beneath Oman and Yemen, back up the Red Sea, through the Suez, along the Mediterranean by the North African coast and then up into Marseilles, or across Saudi Arabia and into AAE-1 at Jeddah, then up the Red Sea - and so on. It's a long route which goes south-east to head north-west... and AAE-1 also connects to India and China, so there's a lot of data in the pipes!

If you can set everything up in your home (wired not wireless, fixed IP for the console and placed in the DMZ, nothing else using any bandwidth), you may see better results. However you could still be stymied if your ISP throttles gaming connections - that's worth checking.

I once saw a guy in a lobby who had a really bad connection and called himself Behold the Lag (or something like that) and his lobby entry message was something along the lines of "Lagging = Ramming you off without penalties". He held that promise as the race turned into a complete mess for everyone who started behind him. I don't know if that guy had deliberately set up a bad internet connection (if that is even possibel) or was just making fun of his situation but I guess that if you don't care about fairplay at all this can actually be a feasible strategy to get good results.

edit: Found him. He won 9 out of 13 daily races.

I once saw a guy in a lobby who had a really bad connection and called himself Behold the Lag (or something like that) and his lobby entry message was something along the lines of "Lagging = Ramming you off without penalties". He held that promise as the race turned into a complete mess for everyone who started behind him. I don't know if that guy had deliberately set up a bad internet connection (if that is even possibel) or was just making fun of his situation but I guess that if you don't care about fairplay at all this can actually be a feasible strategy to get good results.

edit: Found him. He won 9 out of 13 daily races.
This is definitely not me.. and I have ful intentions to get this fixed and win the races fair..

but i got the info on why it is happening hopefully will fix it soon.

Back