Bugatti Circuit (Le Mans), France

Bugatti Circuit (Le Mans), France 4.1

France
France
Clark_33700
VelociRaptor submitted a new resource:

Bugatti Circuit (Le Mans), France - Accurate replica of Bugatti track in Le Mans sharing part of 24h circuit

The Bugatti circuit is located near Le Mans in France and shares part of the 24H circuit. It is used for the World Series by Renault and Megane Trophy races. It is also used for international motorcycle races.
It is a permanent circuit used also for pilots training courses.

I made it as accurate as possible (8 meters shorter than original). Only last turn is a bit loose due to editor limitation (strait line width on terrain)
Curbs are in place also....

Read more about this resource...

Very good replica @VelociRaptor :cheers:. You are hard to communicate with:sly:, I did ask you about Nogaro, and I didn't get any reply:sly:. Anyway, just a question, is this your final build?, or is it still in a further development?. It's just I have a few areas I would like you to look at, and correct;).

Very good replica @VelociRaptor :cheers:. You are hard to communicate with:sly:, I did ask you about Nogaro, and I didn't get any reply:sly:. Anyway, just a question, is this your final build?, or is it still in a further development?. It's just I have a few areas I would like you to look at, and correct;).
i did not see your question on Nogaro, sorry.
This is my final build on Bugatti Circuit.
I might have worked on turns banking but i don't know the real track values.
So, it's over.

downloadfile-30.jpg

I don't know what elevation tools you are using, but you are way off line with the elevation from the ending of the sf-straight pit wall and up to turn 2, it should only be very moderate uphill.
From turn 2 and up till after passing under the Dunlop bridge it is a constant uphill, and then from there it is beginning to go downhill, and it is flat just before you enter turn 4. And your uphill climb from the apex of turn 4 and up till turn 5 should be a little higher. From inside the car when testing it you shouldn't be able to see that much of the higher elevations from turn 2 and 3.
To hide it you should fill in woods in the beginning of turn 5. Down in turn 6, I would love if you added a run off area like it is on the picture. And the raised banking you have placed on the right side of the track after turn 6 should be removed, and just visually use what you have placed after turn 5. Just add a Marshall post instead, and you see the woods on the left side of track after turn 6, that would be great added on your track as well, with one section woods added after turn 8, along with two trees. Just about in the middle of turn 10 on the right side, you should place a tent. And on the left side of track just before turn 11 you should place the point to point start house, to simulate the real building. I also think you should add a run off area in both the right hander turns 11 and let it ends like it does on the picture, on the real track it is completely open, so therefor on your track it feels to tight. And the run off area on the left side of track from the ending of the pit wall should be one long consistent run off area all the way up till Dunlop bridge.
And you are also missing the run off area on the right side of track from beginning of turn 2 and all the way up till Dunlop bridge. And visually when you come down to turn 7 you should see either woods or a tree in on the right side of track and to the middle of turn 7, see a onboard lap on YouTube. :bowdown::cheers:. Hope you can sort it out. It would be perfect.👍

I will do some modifications this week end.
For elevation, you are right. I used geocontext to extract elevation and then I had to smooth it as it was not linear. I might have some offset also on the reference start point. I need to analyze and Excel can help on that.
Deco is ok. I will test that.
Run off areas are not possible as far as I know, there is a rail all around the track. Even sand boxes are very small. This is a limitation.
Can you explain to me what is a 'point to point start house', I don't figure it ?

I have extracted again the circuit profile every 10 meters.
It needs some rework to be correct.
The General terrain shape is correct.

Circuit Bugatti Profile.png

The up-hill of Dunlop curves (first hill on profile) does not reflect the real track profile.
I will check under EXCEL if i can do something good.

Just so we are on the same path, do you use the custom tools that NingNasty and MrGrumpy are using?. It's great you look beautiful into the other things:cheers:

Edit: the point to point start house building, is the building on the left side of track, on those Touge tracks in the database, you know. Ask NingNasty or eran0004, or MrGrumpy about how to extract it into your replica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, the graph above was the terrain coming from GeoContext.
Then i use the tools from eran0004 to smooth it.
The result is shown below (start point is a bit offset as i did not used the same starting point for the GeoContext new graph)
The shape is smooth (it's the one of the v2), i need to check if the elevation profile start point is set correctly. i might correct the up hill manually.
Capture d’écran 2017-03-16 à 22.33.00.png

I don't know what elevation tools you are using, but you are way off line with the elevation from the ending of the sf-straight pit wall and up to turn 2, it should only be very moderate uphill.
From turn 2 and up till after passing under the Dunlop bridge it is a constant uphill, and then from there it is beginning to go downhill, and it is flat just before you enter turn 4. And your uphill climb from the apex of turn 4 and up till turn 5 should be a little higher.
In fact, i am using eran0004 tools, but it's a problem of offset between the GeoContext extracted profile reference point and GT6 track reference point. I have created an EXCEL sheet to translate the profile along the track. The best fitting i have found is now updated in the track profile. It's not perfect but way better.
Circuit Bugatti Profile Translate.png

From inside the car when testing it you shouldn't be able to see that much of the higher elevations from turn 2 and 3. To hide it you should fill in woods in the beginning of turn 5. Down in turn 6,
I have added some deco in this area

I would love if you added a run off area like it is on the picture.
Impossible, there is a rail around the track that is placed automatically by GT6 editor.

And the raised banking you have placed on the right side of the track after turn 6 should be removed, and just visually use what you have placed after turn 5. Just add a Marshall post instead, and you see the woods on the left side of track after turn 6, that would be great added on your track as well,
I don't find the visual good as you see an abrupt edge on the side of the road between turns 5 and 6 that the tree bank is hidding.

with one section woods added after turn 8, along with two trees.
Done

Just about in the middle of turn 10 on the right side, you should place a tent. And on the left side of track just before turn 11 you should place the point to point start house, to simulate the real building.
there are turn direction arrows on the left side that would clutter with tent. Point-to-point start house is a texture part of a road structure and not of a decoration structure. it can't be added.

I also think you should add a run off area in both the right hander turns 11 and let it ends like it does on the picture, on the real track it is completely open, so therefor on your track it feels to tight. And the run off area on the left side of track from the ending of the pit wall should be one long consistent run off area all the way up till Dunlop bridge.
And you are also missing the run off area on the right side of track from beginning of turn 2 and all the way up till Dunlop bridge.
Impossible to add run-off areas due to the rail around the track.

And visually when you come down to turn 7 you should see either woods or a tree in on the right side of track and to the middle of turn 7
Done.

See a onboard lap on YouTube. :bowdown:. Hope you can sort it out. It would be perfect.👍
We need to cope with what the GT6 Track editor offer as capabilities. I have updated most of the things.
"Successful design is not the achievement of perfection but the minimization and accommodation of imperfection." [Henry Petroski] :cheers:

PSN has just gone down :grumpy:. I will release the v3 today.

Just the fact that you have looked in to it @VelociRaptor is more enough effort. Thank you :cheers:, I'll try it later today when I start up my PS3.

So you can only moderate the run off area when it's been made by the track path editor, okay, I just thought it was a code thing. I do follow you, I just ask @NingDynasty how have you got the point to point start house in your created track Gateway? Please give an explanation to
@VelociRaptor how to do it

Edit: much better now, I'll just been running a time trial, the added stuff is great. The last corner has an issue, it won't count the lap time (Lap time invalidated, (left side track).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can place a run off area anywhere using the ted editor
is there a tutorial somewhere that i can use ?
The only items i know are Left / Right turns sandtraps that put a small band of sand along the rail.
But in any case i have this rail at 2 meters of the track on left and right sides.
How to bypass that ?

Last edited:
Sorry mate, my misunderstanding.

I thought you were talking about the sand pit run off's.
Unfortunately that is all you get on Eifel, you can't make them any wider or get rid of the barriers.

For a larger run off you could use the Andalusia theme. It's about 3x the size of Eifel's but still has barriers.

Sorry mate, my misunderstanding.

I thought you were talking about the sand pit run off's.
Unfortunately that is all you get on Eifel, you can't make them any wider or get rid of the barriers.

For a larger run off you could use the Andalusia theme. It's about 3x the size of Eifel's but still has barriers.
Ok I understand.
I did not changed my scenery because I have not found a way to select all the track at once in TED editor and move it around the scenery. It is quite useless on Eiffel flat but very helpful on Andalusia. I don't want to rebuild it n times.

Latest Posts

Back