Bugatti Signals a Return to Coachbuilding Tradition With the $6 Million Divo

This thing is beautiful :drool: Kudos Bugatti, your designers really nailed this one.

They do in the same way they care about the Chiron's top speed - for bragging rights. At the end of the day no performance numbers matter, all cars will be sold and sheltered, emerging at exclusive auctions from time to time.

True, but I'd imagine the simple fact it's a "track focused" Bugatti will be enough to stroke the ego's of those with more money than brains. :lol:

Can anybody explain me the point of top speed limiters, especially ones way above any traffic laws' restrictions?
Mostly because reliability wouldn’t meet their standards at those speeds, or maybe the body panels will make so much downforce that it would rip off from stress.

Not that the can’t do it, it’s just best it doesn’t.

0433e227-bugatti-divo-2.jpg

ferrari-fskj343ew-fxxk-laferrari-234ew-23.JPG

Why do car manufacturers think these narrow line headlights will make their car cooler or faster? :boggled:
I think narrower headlamps make the car faster because it is more aerodynamic. The shape of the lamps stay in line with the body's shapes. Larger headlamps can do the same but are less likely (My Guess). I guess they are the modern version of hideaway lights.
IMO, I don't really like how small headlights are getting. Sure the LED technology is getting better and better so you don't need HUGE lights on the car. But I feel cars have a face. And the headlights are the eyes. Cars now just look like they're staring into the sun. They also all have that same way too aggressive look.
2018-jeep-cherokee-in-depth-model-review-car-and-driver-photo-693936-s-original.jpg

I really like it especially the aggressive looking front end and the rear brake lights.

Hopefully it'll turn up in a game at some point.

I think narrower headlamps make the car faster because it is more aerodynamic. The shape of the lamps stay in line with the body's shapes. Larger headlamps can do the same but are less likely (My Guess). I guess they are the modern version of hideaway lights.
IMO, I don't really like how small headlights are getting. Sure the LED technology is getting better and better so you don't need HUGE lights on the car. But I feel cars have a face. And the headlights are the eyes. Cars now just look like they're staring into the sun. They also all have that same way too aggressive look.
2018-jeep-cherokee-in-depth-model-review-car-and-driver-photo-693936-s-original.jpg

Not quite they could have bigger lamps that are just as contoured with the car and give similar drag coefficients The minimal shape could be done to rework the flow and prevent it from stalling in areas that it may on the Chiron that are inducing drag. Although, it's interesting because the "race vision version" doesn't have that issue and maintains the same head lamp shape as the road version. Another reason could be efficiency. Or simply they realized they could get the same utility as the Chiron in a more smaller and yet aesthetically interesting design. I wouldn't see it is all aero driven, but perhaps a combination.

Yeah, that's clearly fake. There's still only 1 making the rounds and it's been going to automotive events which means it's not being pushed to any limit where it would have that much damage.

Back