Bugatti Veyron doing 412km/h

• Thread starter Cottees
  • 64 comments
Cottees
The image is terrible, but it is enough to see that I had my Black and Blue Veyron doing 412km/h. I did it by slip streaming behind another Veyron. That is faster than the 407km/h top speed, but I gather it would be possible to get up to 412km/h with less air resistance.

Veyron%20412.jpg

418kmh.jpg

Had hit 419km/h but it lost 1km/h by the time i got the photo. Didn't think to just take a photo of the replay.

Highest I can hit without a slipstream is 401. Could probably get a few more km/h out of it but there isn't enough runway for it.

I got a Veyron to 260MPh twice, which is 418KMh.
The first time, I used the slipstream of two TVR Speed 12's and another Veyron on the straight on 'Circuit De La Sarthe Old Course'.
The second time, it was on the Test Course, with the slipstream from a TVR Speed 12 and two other Veyrons.
Both times I would have gone faster had I not hit the back of the Veyron in front.

Wow, thats a hell of a top speed without tuning!!! I am only 400,000 or so credits away from getting it!!!

I hit 261mph on Test Course...
Then crashed and flew off the wall. The Veyron is extremly uncontrolable at these speeds, brake to at least 240mph before turning.

I just cracked 428kmph down the La Sarthe back straight from draft, at that speed it doesnt want to take the kink flat! Its great fun to drive around that track, gotta try it on N2s next!

Have hit 430km/h now but it was for a split second and the camera was too slow to get it. Next best thing:
429fq.jpg

I'm trading my Veyron in for a different one. I can only get to 249mph and i watched James, on Top Gear do 253mph!! I want my money back!!:sly:

It worries me in GT5 how much I will spend on Veyron's! There is at a minimum 5 of the current stock paint jobs I want, thinking about collecting them all in GT PSP and trading them over considering it appears easier in the PSP version to collect credits.

Finally unlocked it in NFS SHift and am in love with this car, driving it in GT5 will be the dream come true, especially watching replays!

Speaking of Veyrons, did you guys notice the spoiler coming up at high speeds? And it tilts downward when braking from high speed, functioning as an air brake. Just noticed this in a replay. Details like this make me smile. 👍

Speaking of Veyrons, did you guys notice the spoiler coming up at high speeds? And it tilts downward when braking from high speed, functioning as an air brake. Just noticed this in a replay. Details like this make me smile. 👍

I first saw this during a replay, but it is fun sitting behind another Veyron, and seeing the spoiler pop up over a certain speed, then when it brakes, the spoiler goes vertical. It is these little things that make it such a great game. Hopefully we'll see more in GT5.

Here's my Veyron tapping the 433 km/h (there's also a full replay available for those who are interested):

[youtubehd]JeiS26OyAnY[/youtubehd]

I got my Veyron to 254 MPH on the Test Oval once. But isnt it listed as 900 something HP when I think it's 1001 HP produced

Nah, I think it can go to at least 435 while drafting. :lol:
Nope, 433 is its top in the game. I have a replay on my PSP with it maxing at 433, it does that thing where it bounces off the gearbox's red-line.

I've also developed a sure-fire method of hitting 433km/hr, consistently, every time. :D I'm thinking of making a thread about it, don't have time right now though...

Nope, 433 is its top in the game. I have a replay on my PSP with it maxing at 433, it does that thing where it bounces off the gearbox's red-line.

I've also developed a sure-fire method of hitting 433km/hr, consistently, every time. :D I'm thinking of making a thread about it, don't have time right now though...
No need for me to try to top it then. ;) It is indeed rather easy if you know how, it's a matter of exiting the corner at the proper distance to the AI cars at the correct speed, then just floor it.

1001 is bhp. The 900-something listed is most likely whp.

I do believe it is listed at 981h or 736kw, because it only makes 1001 CV or PS or whatever the french measurement is.

HOWEVER

This is Bugatti's verification claim, so the Veyron will make that power halfway up mt everest in a dust storm and the temperature's over 9000.

Apparently, Bugatti engineers are claiming the differences in power a noticeable due to tolerance differences (all hand made) and the fitter ones are putting out closer to 1100hp.

However, there's no build tolerance in GTPSP. There may be some under-rating (Honda NSX-R springs to mind), but no simulation of b-spec ned's other job.
Thank god.

Back